Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC isn't dueling anymore and we can all agree that a forbidden forest dark ride should be the best option.
I'd like to see more than one attraction in the space. Maybe a family coaster (an actual Triwizard Tournament, Ford Anglia or Azkaban would all be good choices) and the Great Hall, too (if they're willing to relocate/demo Hippogriff).

There's a lot of potential for the DC plot. I'd think two family-friendly D/E attractions and a sit-down restaurant would be a good compliment to the current Hogsmeade.

Instead of a ride, what if they made a walk through wand based attraction where you have to start with creatures and spells and then closer to the end you end up fighting Death Eaters for your life? The only reason I'm asking is USJ is doing that for another IP in Japan and if anything I can see it being easier to bring over to the states and its something everyone can do.

Reactions: Frogki
Why a wing coaster tho?
Sense of freedom, you are completely off the track, so it would be ideal for this. Also, I heard overall wing coaster are more tame, so it might appeal to a larger group of people, inverts on the other hand have more force (which is why personally I love them the best). Flying coaster tend to be put people off as well, though I have always entertained the idea of a launched flyer set to Jurrasic World. Anyway, with a wing coaster you'd just have a lot of freedom to zip through the Forbidden Forest, the sensation would be similar to the benches in Forbidden Journey.

Sense of freedom, you are completely off the track, so it would be ideal for this. Also, I heard overall wing coaster are more tame, so it might appeal to a larger group of people, inverts on the other hand have more force (which is why personally I love them the best). Flying coaster tend to be put people off as well, though I have always entertained the idea of a launched flyer set to Jurrasic World. Anyway, with a wing coaster you'd just have a lot of freedom to zip through the Forbidden Forest, the sensation would be similar to the benches in Forbidden Journey.

To add to this slightly. B&M and Universal have a good history, they're massive people eaters, it can be themed well and it will be the only one in Orlando.

Reactions: anihilnation
One of the drawbacks to Wing coasters is a relatively slower load/unload time than a traditional B&M. With the track and car between the seats, you have to get off the ride the same side as you get on. So you have to wait for the previous riders to clear before the next set can get on. Unlike a normal B&M where you exit the opposite side that you get on and as soon as they unlock the seats, they can open the gates for the next riders. Or you can create separate load and unload stations, but that, to me at least, means capacity isn't as efficient as it could be. Neither means that they won't do a Wing, but I tend to think they won't. I think if its a coaster at all, it'll be something more accessible and won't have inversions.

One of the drawbacks to Wing coasters is a relatively slower load/unload time than a traditional B&M. With the track and car between the seats, you have to get off the ride the same side as you get on. So you have to wait for the previous riders to clear before the next set can get on. Unlike a normal B&M where you exit the opposite side that you get on and as soon as they unlock the seats, they can open the gates for the next riders. Or you can create separate load and unload stations, but that, to me at least, means capacity isn't as efficient as it could be. Neither means that they won't do a Wing, but I tend to think they won't. I think if its a coaster at all, it'll be something more accessible and won't have inversions.

What about a duel loading station with a separate area for loading and unloading? They could use the current building for DC.

I wonder if they could even make the start of the ride a dark ride.

It sucks they're so limited with what they can even use at this point. In the books their is only hogsmead, hogwarts, and the forest in that are. The only thing that makes sense in that plot is something forbidden forest of course. And i don't get the hate for a family friendly attraction. I love the thrill rides but I'm all for a hp themed haunted mansion. But again the best elements from the forest are already used in FJ so I have a hard time believing DC is being replaced. But you guys know more than me so we'll see

Reactions: Mike S
It sucks they're so limited with what they can even use at this point. In the books their is only hogsmead, hogwarts, and the forest in that are. The only thing that makes sense in that plot is something forbidden forest of course. And i don't get the hate for a family friendly attraction. I love the thrill rides but I'm all for a hp themed haunted mansion. But again the best elements from the forest are already used in FJ so I have a hard time believing DC is being replaced. But you guys know more than me so we'll see
There are a couple of scenes that they didn't include in the ride..I wouldn't mind seeing Harry and Ron flying around in the Ford Angela..Maybe a Minotaur and another run in with dementors..And of course they could create creatures specifically for the attraction that we haven't seen yet..

At the very least it will be a nice tie-in with the train to and from Hogwarts

I would love them to fit a plunge in the lake in, interact with giant squid and mer-folk, throw in a little water a-la Spiderman and Kong or don't, let the sets and screens (but hopefully more sets imo, not a stance just a good juxtaposition with FJ) take you there.

Reactions: shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.