Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking... If DC has metal detectors installed so no loose items come flying out of people's pockets (and they are strict about it) WHY THE HELL CAN'T THEY DUEL. I can have a penny in my pocket and they will tell you to take it off. Why do they have to add two negatives, when there can be a positive?
They still don't catch everything and I'm sure the massive lawsuit has something to do with it also. I really don't see the loss in not dueling.

They still don't catch everything and I'm sure the massive lawsuit has something to do with it also. I really don't see the loss in not dueling.

Bingo.

There will always be those that will break the rule, and that if they go in undetected, with causing an incident like that again if it were to ever duel; lawyers would be there in a hare of a second to go against Universal.

I've been thinking... If DC has metal detectors installed so no loose items come flying out of people's pockets (and they are strict about it) WHY THE HELL CAN'T THEY DUEL. I can have a penny in my pocket and they will tell you to take it off. Why do they have to add two negatives, when there can be a positive?
They let me ride with my glasses on. In theory they could fly off. As with shoes, etc.

I don't think Universal is ever going to take the risk again. In a court case the previous incidents can be used against them. Something like, "this happened before, why haven't you prevented it from happening again", could be used against them in court.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'd still have them duel. Even though people still have some coins in there pocket. I can't believe everyone on this thread agrees with this coaster not dueling.

Reactions: MattA
I'd still have them duel. Even though people still have some coins in there pocket. I can't believe everyone on this thread agrees with this coaster not dueling.
I'm afraid after someone lost their eye, this case was closed.

Universal Dragon Challenge: Universal's Dragon Challenge coasters won't 'duel' again - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

If I were Universal, I would operate under a preponderance of caution as well in this instance. I'll always have my memory of the ride as it was originally intended.

I'm afraid after someone lost their eye, this case was closed.

Universal Dragon Challenge: Universal's Dragon Challenge coasters won't 'duel' again - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

If I were Universal, I would operate under a preponderance of caution as well in this instance. I'll always have my memory of the ride as it was originally intended.
I feel like they should duel, but rarely. Sometimes when I ride they cars will accidentally take off at the same time. They should duel like atleaset 20 times a day (very rarely) and I think there will be a MUCH less likely chance if anything happening. It would also increase popularity in this ride and spike interest.

I feel like they should duel, but rarely. Sometimes when I ride they cars will accidentally take off at the same time. They should duel like atleaset 20 times a day (very rarely) and I think there will be a MUCH less likely chance if anything happening. It would also increase popularity in this ride and spike interest.
I agree, except replace the word interest with controversy.

You might be willing to give give your right eye for dueling, but not sure everyone else is. (Sorry for the completely inappropriate pun.)

Reactions: JoeCamel and Mike S

Do you not understand?

Lawsuit = give away money.
Universal no like to give money away.

No money away = no dueling.

Play it safe.

Do you not understand?

Lawsuit = give away money.
Universal no like to give money away.

No money away = no dueling.

Play it safe.
1k2stx.jpg

If your argument is based on "it's much less likely that someone will lose an eye" you need to step back and question your argument.

If your argument is based on "it's much less likely that someone will lose an eye" you need to step back and question your argument.
No, but that's just a perk. In all the years that the coaster had been running, it happened just twice. You guys are acting as if someone will undoubtably get hit in the eye. That's not how it works. Security is strict and there's a very high change that it would never happen again. DONT ATTACK, I'm not stating that it should duel. I know people get offended with me stating how the coaster could duel even thought it's not. I'm saying that it should duel but it I know it won't. Calm down people.

No, but that's just a perk. In all the years that the coaster had been running, it happened just twice. You guys are acting as if someone will undoubtably get hit in the eye. That's not how it works. Security is strict and there's a very high change that it would never happen again. DONT ATTACK, I'm not stating that it should duel. I know people get offended with me stating how the coaster could duel even thought it's not. I'm saying that it should duel but it I know it won't. Calm down people.

O%

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
i meant to say, Im not stating that they are going to duel. I've been saying in this thread that they should duel but people are coming at me with "DONT U GET IT" I know that they aren't going to duel but I'm just saying ways that it would be nice for it to duel again.
I think we all agree that it would be nice if they dueled again. I know I miss it. But we all understand why it doesn't.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.