Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Dragon Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I finally looked into this today, out of morbid curiosity. I got 3-4 years out before anything is torn down if it is torn down, blah blah blah. After Diagon, Kong, and VB I have become seriously jaded. One big and one smaller being pranced about appears to be *yawn* accurate. Sorry that I cannot get invested in it mentally.

Hmmm... I finally looked into this today, out of morbid curiosity. I got 3-4 years out before anything is torn down if it is torn down, blah blah blah. After Diagon, Kong, and VB I have become seriously jaded. One big and one smaller being pranced about appears to be *yawn* accurate. Sorry that I cannot get invested in it mentally.

So not that exciting huh. Hype cancelled.

Goodness, I have to worry about typing in the wee hours as I did above. What a fractured sentence. Simply stated: DH is mostly correct except timeline and surrounding if's that might change plans completely. Concepts now include yet another HP land, one large attraction and one smaller, both under the same banner, all surrounded by a "land".

As said, I am feeling jaded and a bit meh.

Last edited:
If anything, we sure got a rush of fairly specific information in the last day, between Disneyhead & Teebin's info. Previously we were all over the map with speculation. So it seems that now all we need to do is wait to see what the new or actual timeline is. Of course, like all projects before they start construction, plans sometimes change.

Godrics Hollow will be a great place to include, but I hope they keep it distant from Hogsmeade. That village was a fair distance away from Hogwarts and as much as I was in the "It's a theme park, be realistic" crowd when some here argued Diagon Alley would have been too close in Lost Continent, after seeing the success of creating two lands this way I believe Godrics Hollow deserves good placemaking as well...

One of the coolest aspects of the WWOHP is the absolute placemaking. The immersion is amazing and would have been regardless of where the land was but the placement of Hogsmeade and Diagon just... For me it changed the way I look at the parks.
So adding the Forbidden Forest in Dragon Challenge's spot would be the best addition. Making the experience richer by adding yet another detailed part of the area would be great. I can't think of what rides it would encompass but there are tons of choices and honestly, simply walking through it would be pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.