Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

The performance we saw was so bad, people were walking out!

There were multiple Beetlejuice shows over the years. The longest-running was cheesy but fun, with great musical choices and generally a solid cast. The final show--ran maybe a year if that before closing--was poorly written, had dumb song choices, and was horribly cast.

Yeah the festivals work, that is why they are addicted to them.
Temporarily they do...People will start to smell the bad smell in the water eventually

Except for the Blues Brothers, Diagon Ally, and the Builders, they are all terrible!

The out of tune singing and piss poor english accents in Hogsmeade were very off-putting each time we passed through in December!
At the very least I appreciate the energy it has added to the park...When you are walking down Sunset BLVD in the Studios and a big float comes out with dancers, it adds a bit of (dare I say) magic to the overall experience, even if I don't stand and watch

I guess it's more accurate to say the difference in attendance between MK and EP is nothing compared to the swan dive to get to AK and DHS levels.

There are days where Epcot is more attended than MK. The same cannot be said for DHS and AK.

Gotta wonder. Is EPCOT getting better or the others losing interest. I seem to remember some years back EPCOT was the least attended park.

Gotta wonder. Is EPCOT getting better or the others losing interest. I seem to remember some years back EPCOT was the least attended park.
I believe it's been number two in attendance most every year, if not every year. But it's yearly attendance increase percentage has been basically flat, in relation to the other three parks, for a number of years. (But, of course, that's using the industry unofficial estimates for attendance figures, which many believe are vastly over estimated for the non MK WDW parks)

Last edited:
I believe it's been number two in attendance most every year, if not every year. But it's yearly attendance increase percentage has been basically flat, in relation to the other three parks, for a number of years. (But, of course, that's using the industry unofficial estimates for attendance figures, which many believe are vastly over estimated for the non MK WDW parks)
Yes, the two turnstile clicks really do help things out

Expect foreign tourism to go down for the US as online ticketing agency have been seeing large declines of interests for international flights to the United states over the past 2 months anywhere from 6 to 17%. Disney needs to prepare itself for a lack of brazilian groups and also the lack of the saudi royal family coming over to play.

BBC is reporting UK tourism to all locations in the US to go down due to the new phone searching laws when going to customs. This should also effect Orlando pretty badly in the upcoming months if people are concerned about coming into the states.

BBC is reporting UK tourism to all locations in the US to go down due to the new phone searching laws when going to customs. This should also effect Orlando pretty badly in the upcoming months if people are concerned about coming into the states.
While I doubt it will be implemented on a large scale, there is just so much uncertainty that it is bound to affect tourism. It affects Americans as well, an American who has traveled abroad can also have his phoned searched upon re-entry.

I'm really starting to give serious thought about boycotting any trips to the US until all the Trump controversy blows over.

It will be interesting to see if his presidency has any effects on the park. I really don't want to turn this into a Trump debate because we all know how that's going to turn out again.

I still love the country, love the people, love the parks.

I'm really starting to give serious thought about boycotting any trips to the US until all the Trump controversy blows over.

It will be interesting to see if his presidency has any effects on the park. I really don't want to turn this into a Trump debate because we all know how that's going to turn out again.

I still love the country, love the people, love the parks.

Sadly enough, all over the West there is an alarming rise of right wing populism, racism and xenophobia. Specifically for the US, I think the racism inherent in politics here will cause all sorts of issues, and probably tourism from Latin America and the Middle-East will take its toll.

Sadly enough, all over the West there is an alarming rise of right wing populism, racism and xenophobia. Specifically for the US, I think the racism inherent in politics here will cause all sorts of issues, and probably tourism from Latin America and the Middle-East will take its toll.
Yes, the nationalistic fever usually runs in cycles. Unfortunately, it almost always portends bad future results.

Listened to Disney Dish today, sounds like resorts is pressuring for Avatar to open earlier as their sales are soft this summer so far. Len also dropped info that Cinderella's Table has A LOT of openings over the next few months. Previously you'd need to call in right at 7am 180 days out to get a table, now it's freely available. A sign of weak demand or increased offerings?

Listened to Disney Dish today, sounds like resorts is pressuring for Avatar to open earlier as their sales are soft this summer so far. Len also dropped info that Cinderella's Table has A LOT of openings over the next few months. Previously you'd need to call in right at 7am 180 days out to get a table, now it's freely available. A sign of weak demand or increased offerings?

Wow, that's insane.

There's some crazy deals showing up in the U.K. For this year. Tickets for WDW are about £50 cheaper for 2 weeks than last year and that's with the exchange rate dropping from about 1.5 to 1.2.