Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

I guess it's more accurate to say the difference in attendance between MK and EP is nothing compared to the swan dive to get to AK and DHS levels.

There are days where Epcot is more attended than MK. The same cannot be said for DHS and AK.

The fact that there is a continual festival all year has me guessing otherwise...It's almost as if Universal extended HHN to year round and said, "Hey, look at our awesome attendance"

Yeah the festivals work, that is why they are addicted to them.

I hope the rumors of a redo are true and maybe they will honor the heritage of the park. I don't have much faith but if they can turn the slide around I will be be back. Maybe 2020 will be the year I buy an AP again

I guess it's more accurate to say the difference in attendance between MK and EP is nothing compared to the swan dive to get to AK and DHS levels.

There are days where Epcot is more attended than MK. The same cannot be said for DHS and AK.
Yes, our previous discussions on this basically attributed the attendance issues to DHS & AK.

Disney has cut more than you think. Performers have been cut out of show after show. Like the Trolley at MK has one less couple. The "New" welcome show on the castle stage has about half the amount of characters that the train had on it. Pyro has been scaled back everywhere and in some shows like Festival of the Lion King it's been removed altogether. Quietly, attractions like Turtle talk have had the number of performances reduced. The staffing cut backs are all over the property.

Universal Studios is the place to be. There's shows everywhere, all day long.
Except for the Blues Brothers, Diagon Ally, and the Builders, they are all terrible!

The out of tune singing and piss poor english accents in Hogsmeade were very off-putting each time we passed through in December!

Except for the Blues Brothers, Diagon Ally, and the Builders, they are all terrible!

The out of tune singing and piss poor english accents in Hogsmeade were very off-putting each time we passed through in December!

Sorry that was your experience. I find that some of the BB performances have an uncanny resemblance to the originals that I was lucky enough to see twice. I also find the Three Brothers show to be very entertaining. Builders I can take or leave but they do draw and hold a crowd.

Different tastes make the world go round

Sorry that was your experience. I find that some of the BB performances have an uncanny resemblance to the originals that I was lucky enough to see twice. I also find the Three Brothers show to be very entertaining. Builders I can take or leave but they do draw and hold a crowd.

The new Marilyn Monroe show is also quite entertaining, though just a tad short. They actually use a former DHS Citizens of Hollywood Director in the show....The bottom line though, is that Universal is embracing and adding live entertainment, while it's clearly diminished at WDW.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. BB, DA Shows and Builder are good.

The rest I've ever experienced (Fish Stall, Hogsmeade, Rappers in the van, Beetle Juice, all reallllly sucked.

The bottom line though, is that Universal is embracing and adding live entertainment, while it's clearly diminished at WDW.
I get that's the point, obviously great they want to add it rather than remove :)

I think they (UOR) just rush and hire whoever is available, the quality of the performers could be better in places.

True, but the fact they lasted as long as they did (or even went live to guests) is terrible!
Once again, like Joe Camel said, it's individual tastes. I actually liked Beetlejuice a lot. Rappers were not my cup of tea, but they seemed decent, and they also played at WDW. Fish stall I haven't seen, but I'm not into acrobatic acts. Hogsmeade shows, though at IOA and not the Studios park, gets really good crowds but I don't care for them. As Joe said, it's more about individual tastes. I give big time kudos just for adding live entertainment. I know that I won't like every show, just like I enjoy some of the Epcot shows but don't care for some others. So far, it appears on the smaller acts at the Studios, that they give new acts six months, and if people don't like them, they get replaced. Seems like a fair way to do it.

It just creates a great vibe I find. Walking around and bumping into these live pieces of entertainment, especially the newer street performances! If you aren't fussed you walk by, if not you stay and watch. Either way I really liked the vibe they gave off just from being there.

I also really liked Beetlejuice, much better than Fear Factor for sure.

It just creates a great vibe I find. Walking around and bumping into these live pieces of entertainment, especially the newer street performances! If you aren't fussed you walk by, if not you stay and watch. Either way I really liked the vibe they gave off just from being there.

I also really liked Beetlejuice, much better than Fear Factor for sure.
:thumbsup:..............and, for sure, none of us like Fear Factor.:thumbsdown: :lol:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. BB, DA Shows and Builder are good.

The rest I've ever experienced (Fish Stall, Hogsmeade, Rappers in the van, Beetle Juice, all reallllly sucked.

I am sorry, I didn't read you properly. The juice guy was very bad at the end. I caught two shows near the end and left before the end both times along with several others. Fish market, rappers had nothing I wanted to stand and watch, I have not seen the Marilyn show yet but I know Chuck P likes it but anything with good looking women catches his eye and promotes a selfie.

Interesting survey on Touring Plans. 1,400 Respondents. That's a decent total...Survey Question: If you had 3 days at WDW and no park hopper, what park would you skip?
Magic Kingdom...........4%
Epcot............................11%
Animal Kingdom........37%
DHS.............................48%

No surprises in that result.