Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more- why hasn't Universal just contracted a company to make some AA dinosaurs to put in outdoor paddocks? The ones on JPRA have survived the conditions outdoors for nearly 20 years with little maintenance (although they are in need of it now). Can't we get some animals behind cages interacting and doing stuff instead of a stagnant T-Rex standing behind an old Jeep?
YAAASSSS!!! Peach. I'm tired of seeing those plastic dinosaur heads with a random jeep in front of it. Barley anyone wants a picture with it and it's a bad filler for the section. It's like they just don't know what to do with the area, but on this forum there are so many ideas just being tossed. JP needs to get it together.

Someone please retheme the entire JP area by sketching it all out and designing nice scenic portions that are barren right now. I would print out the entire JP area and sketch onto it rock work, metal feces, and modern buildings and attracting ideas that are being thrown around here to make a nice and cut throat JP area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please retheme the entire JP area by sketching it all out and designing nice scenic portions that are barren right now. I would print out the entire JP area and sketch onto it rock work, metal feces, and modern buildings and attracting ideas that are being thrown around here to make a nice and cut throat JP area.

Sketching?

I'm just going to call it right now:

JW is opening up in the third park and then Jurassic Park in IoA is getting bulldozed. I really hope JW can replicate Camp Jurassic.
If they can replicate the same "magic" that Jurassic Park has, I would be hesitant, but would support it and think it would come out pretty great.

Dino poop? :eek::saywhat:

I wouldn't count on them demolishing JP - even if a third gate embraces JW.

Last I heard JPRA should get a real makeover in spirit of JP 25th, and in time for JW2 crowds.

I can't see it either. If Universal could be prepared to keep ET to keep Spielberg happy then I can see the same thing for JP. JPRA is also a crazy expensive ride.

I agree with everyone there's so much missed potential here and it's my chief frustration with Uni,,,they hold the rights to 2 of the hottest properties going, Marvel and JP and they're not acting fast enough.

I'd love more like the raptor encounter...giving the area of the park some energy

The idea of the dark Alien Encounter type ride could be absolutely spectacular, they could build 2 theatres, in a relatively small footprint

There may not be the room for a Flying Coaster?

Improve the damn AAs on River Adventure. Every year it goes down for its refurb and I hold out hope.

Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom is without question my fave Dino-themed experience in Florida

I never knew of it... I don't believe it is mentioned in the "making of" book. Hmm.
It had its budget cut until there was barely any reason for it to exist. Slow loading. And terrible guest survey results so they canned it within a couple years. It was like the boats at Epcot, but open air, and without a transportation reason to justify its existence. Originally was supposed to have a fire breathing dragon but they opted for the Dino to tie into Disney's upcoming Dinosaur movie. They still had a cave that breathed fire with scattered bodies of slayn knights in armor surrounding it. After complaints that it was too graphic within a few weeks the bodies were removed, leaving just a cave with a fire effect. All in all a fairly lame ride.

The boat docks are now used for character meet and greets. Usually Pocahontas near Dinoland and Baloo/King Louie between Asia and Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.