Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@JungleSkip mentioned not too long ago that the GSR are high; hilariously high, if I'm not mistaken..

Which is why they're just one of many measures. Now are these "happy" people spending more or staying longer? That's the real question.

People will tend to blow smoke up your arse. "It's great, i love it" but then when it comes to howit actually relates to their dollars and such.. different story.

You have to look at any report of overwhelming positive wiothout increases in spending/attendance/etc.. as highly circumspect.

Which is why they're just one of many measures. Now are these "happy" people spending more or staying longer? That's the real question.

People will tend to blow smoke up your arse. "It's great, i love it" but then when it comes to howit actually relates to their dollars and such.. different story.

You have to look at any report of overwhelming positive wiothout increases in spending/attendance/etc.. as highly circumspect.

I do not like Jimmy Fallon, so I was never the target audience for this ride. However, I acknowledge that ratings say a lot of the general public must like him. This also replaced a universally disliked or avoided attraction, and is the first non-Potter addition to the Studios since Transformers in 2013. I don't see how it was ever going to get bad initial reviews. But how will it age?

Yes. The queue is experience is new and fresh. But how long will the dancing Panda stay funny? How many rides will it take to see through the generic ride sequence and bonkers storyline?

I think this will be viewed as a stepping stone for the park and theme park history in general, but will ultimately become a forgettable experience quickly.

If we look back to the beginning days of this thread, the expectations for this attraction were pretty low, kind of on a par with what peoples expectations are for F&F at this point in time. And I was one of those with low expectations. I haven't been on it yet, still five weeks away, but it certainly seems that it turned out significantly more entertaining than most of us were expecting it to be. From the reviews I've read on this thread, that point positive for the most part, I'm expecting a fun entertaining experience. Seems like Universal did OK for a D ticket attraction that probably had a fairly modest budget. Every new attraction can't be, or needs to be, a big budget E ticket extravaganza......So far my only disappointment is it 's entertainment didn't include what I asked for many times over, namely The Rockettes :lol: Well, there's always a Xmas overlay possibility for them. :)

Reactions: agentj
I ran across a program that looks for fake reviewers and fake reviews using science and such.

I got curious and had it look at various theme parks and attractions. I hit all kinds of things but everything came up as legit... though Fallon doesn't have enough reviews or anything to register yet.. but Skull Island Reign of Kong the program has serious doubts about the validity of its positive reviews. That was the only one that pinged - and I even tried things like Antarctica and such.

Reactions: Coasted
I ran across a program that looks for fake reviewers and fake reviews using science and such.

I got curious and had it look at various theme parks and attractions. I hit all kinds of things but everything came up as legit... though Fallon doesn't have enough reviews or anything to register yet.. but Skull Island Reign of Kong the program has serious doubts about the validity of its positive reviews. That was the only one that pinged - and I even tried things like Antarctica and such.
Most of the people that review attractions on OU have been posting for some time. I doubt any of them are fake reviewers. I pay little or no attention to reviews from Disney oriented sites or You Tube videos on Universal attractions since I doubt very many of them actually ride the rides. They're essentially POV reviewers.

I think that's subject to interpretation. I was an unironic, unashamed fan of the previous occupant of this space.

Which is fine. But clearly the public had passed on Twister in its final days. It's location and capacity were keeping it alive. Plus the die hards like yourself :thumbsup:

Most of the people that review attractions on OU have been posting for some time. I doubt any of them are fake reviewers. I pay little or no attention to reviews from Disney oriented sites or You Tube videos on Universal attractions since I doubt very many of them actually ride the rides. They're essentially POV reviewers.

The Universal Edition of the Dis Unplugged is the first in-depth review I watched. Their opinion has been reinforced by a lot of the stuff I've read from other people I respect in the Universal community. Innovative queue, which is fantastic if you like Jimmy. Still nice if you like the Tonight Show. And anywhere from an uncomfortable to mediocre ride experience.

At the end of the day, I think this was an experiment. I do think the queue is important, and will pay dividends for Universal in the future. But I believe over time folks are going to see more of the flaws in the actual ride experience.

Last edited:
Which is fine. But clearly the public had passed on Twister in its final days. It's location and capacity were keeping it alive. Plus the die hards like yourself :thumbsup:

The Universal Edition of the Dis Unplugged is the first in-depth review I watched. Their opinion has been reinforced by a lot of the stuff I've read from other people I respect in the Universal community. Innovative queue, which is fantastic if you like Jimmy. Still nice if you like the Tonight Show. And anywhere from an uncomfortable to mediocre ride experience.

At the end of the day, I think this was an experiment. I do think the queue is important, and will pay dividends for Universal in the future. But I believe over time folks are going to see more of the flaws in the actual ride experience.
They need to consider putting a drink cart in there, or maybe....a bar

So I got to ride again today. Twice actually. The first time I rode was weeks ago, on the second day of softs. Now, I don't know if it's because I was in different rows, or because so much time has passed, but I am convinced that the ride profile has been improved. Namely, small bumps and quick moves have been added that I don't remember from the first time I rode. (I ran into the Trackers this morning and they said it can seem different depending on where you sit, but I've sat in 3 rows now, and the ride still seems a little different to me than before.) There's a part towards the end that I remembered as having a big bump type movement... But now there are more scattered throughout, including a car side-swiping the audience in Times Square that feels pretty realistic.

Also, pizza smell wasn't working before and worked today. The water sprays when you go underwater and come out of the water are definitely different depending on your seat (and the fan's wind that day.) I got barely any water the first couple times and a lot (well a lot more) on my last ride. It's still the least amount of water on a 3D ride/show ever (and I hope it stays that way.)

The ride is still a lot of fun to me. Everyone around me was having a great time too. The crowd I was with in the morning were part of the AP preview, and they were understandably more enthusiastic. The crowd I was with in the afternoon were just general public. They didn't cheer as much when the applause sign went on in the pre-show as the AP, but they still walked off the ride with big smiles on their faces.

My favorite part of the ride, don't ask me why, is on the Moon, especially when Jimmy is floating around in zero-g and kicks off the audience to get back to his car. It really feels and looks like he's kicking off the railing on the front, especially as seen from the rows further back.

Sorry all, I still love this ride.

IMG_3723.jpg

New electronic sign:
IMG_3733.jpg

Virtual Line Kiosk:
IMG_3735.jpg

Virtual Line times started right after AP previews today:
IMG_3729.jpg

Interesting, they mention that it's a 30+ min experience on the ticket:
IMG_3731.jpg

Express holders do not require ticket and enter immediately:
IMG_3737.jpg

Test seats outside:
IMG_3738.jpg

Test seats not doing so well outside, wood paneling already coming off:
IMG_3741.jpg

As I mentioned before, both theaters were running after AP previews ended:
IMG_3817.jpg

Only just realized today that the pre-show rooms are unfinished, with the back walls just exposed sound-proofing material, and temporary stanchions up:
IMG_3705.jpg

And yes, the mural is back... and as far as I can tell, looks exactly the same:
IMG_3728.jpg

I had a dream last night that I got to ride this. The only thing that I really remember is how nice it looked inside the theater and thought about (remind you, in my dream), how crazy people are on OU for thinking they skimped on the theater theming.

Did it yesterday during the pass preview and though it is not a great ride, it is a fun ride. As someone here pointed out a few days ago, it is very much a parody on simulators. It is not very thrilling, but instead has very smooth movement. Image is some of the best I've ever seen. Good thing also that it is virtual queue, as it is not the kind of ride you would want to wait a long time for. Very nice waiting area as well, makes you feel like you are part of some posh reception.

And no one is falling down the stairs?

Thanks for the pics, now I can wait til the breakers go home and I get my park back
Thanks! I got some video going up now. Plus, finally got some decent photos of everything in the museum portion (since it was quiet down there during the AP preview enough for me to get clear shots of everything.) Hoping to find some time later in the week to organize it all into a blog post, and will post here too.

Reactions: Quint and JoeCamel