Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More officially released ride footage, without awkward silence. I like the first bit, we get to see some more of the studio 6B stuff.

The animation looks like, well, animation. Pretty unconvincing stuff. Granted, I haven't experienced the ride yet, but I have to believe that it would be an improved attraction if they had actually used live-action background plates (for the environments for which that would have been possible) instead of just vomiting CGI all over the place.

The animation looks like, well, animation. Pretty unconvincing stuff. Granted, I haven't experienced the ride yet, but I have to believe that it would be an improved attraction if they had actually used live-action background plates (for the environments for which that would have been possible) instead of just vomiting CGI all over the place.
It plays more realistically in person, and there are several real background plates within the New York street scenes, just not included in these clips.

Me too. I used to agree with HTF a lot. But lately it seems like our opinions on attractions no longer coincide. I'm not really into the technical make up of attractions. The key to me is if it's fun, entertaining and puts a smile on my face.

I think I've just grown tired of the repetitive screen based attractions. I agree with the if it's fun that's all that matters aspect, cause that's why your there to have fun.

My issue was, the ride wasn't really fun imo. It's despicable me for adults but less fun was about as accurate a ride review I could give it. To me it's boring, it's been done time and time again.

Here allow me to elaborate. Here's your Universal ride in a nutshell.
Beautiful Entrance
Great Queue
Minimal Story in queue
Pick up glasses
First 15 secs explains entire plot
First Screen
Something goes wrong or not to plan
3d effect launching item at guest
Wind
Smell effect
3d effect
HEAT!!!
Water blast
Something goes really wrong
Water blast
Celebrity Cameo or reference
Wind
Rides done, oh no its not
Simulated FREE Fall
Bad guy down? We survived? You pick
Water blast
Abrupt ending
Gift shop

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
I think I've just grown tired of the repetitive screen based attractions. I agree with the if it's fun that's all that matters aspect, cause that's why your there to have fun.

My issue was, the ride wasn't really fun imo. It's despicable me for adults but less fun was about as accurate a ride review I could give it. To me it's boring, it's been done time and time again.

Beautiful Entrance
Great Queue
Minimal Story in queue
Pick up glasses
First Screen
Wind
Smell effect
3d effect
Water blast
Water blast
Wind
Water blast
Abrupt ending
Gift shop

Did I miss anything?
Like a Belichick game plan. A winner every time. ;)

Beautiful Entrance
Great Queue
Minimal Story in queue
Pick up glasses
First Screen
Wind
Smell effect
3d effect
Water blast
Water blast
Wind
Water blast
Abrupt ending
Gift shop

Did I miss anything?

Simulated free fall?

POV!

Ummmm, what the hell was that. First time I see an actual POV. This ride is a fail in my book. Queue is a win.

Last edited:
POV!

Ummmm, what the hell was that. First time I see an actual POV. This ride is a fail in my book. Queue is a win.

Lol. Are you kidding me? That's possibly the worst POV video I've seen in my life 2nd to maybe the Vern troyer sex tape.

It's shot in portrait mode that cuts off 50% of the screen and then At 57 seconds it switches to landscape which makes the entire film sideways. Jeez...

POV!

The POV was off of a really subpar phone, as seen with the angle it is at.

If you are going to complain it by the POV, wait for one with a higher resolution, and it being on landscape.

That's possibly the worst POV video I've seen in my life 2nd to maybe the Vern troyer sex tape.

i used to really like your posts and now i'll never be able to view them the same way again...

"That's the guy who admitted to watching the Vern Troyer sex tape!"

:p

Reactions: Andysol