Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love anything SNL. It's been one of my absolute favorite shows for years. An interactive museum and experience, kinda like SNL: The Exhibition I did in New York, would be great. It'd also be another thematic win for the NY area of the park.

If they repurposed the space behind the Macy's facade, they could do a small museum.

Reactions: LJGonz
If they repurposed the space behind the Macy's facade, they could do a small museum.
Most of that space is used for the extended queue for Mummy (which has actually been in use this week.) I remember when it was the Islands of Adventure preview center way back when. What little space that isn't used for queue is used for xmas decor storage I believe.

I still like the idea of an SNL comedy lounge at CityWalk, like we saw in the guest surveys. It could be a great place for some Hard Rock style museum displays too.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg announced today that they will be opening a virtual reality simulator in 2018. It's replacing the Europe in the Air attraction, whose flying theater is similar to Race Through New York, and will use the existing flying theater. It will be located in the Ireland land of BGW. From BGW, " Enter a portal into a hidden world of mythical characters in Ireland.....Virtual reality headsets will replace video screens". There's some cool shots of the present flying theater from under the platform....Interesting

Last edited:
Busch Gardens Williamsburg announced today that they will be opening a virtual reality simulator in 2018. It's replacing the Europe in the Air attraction, whose flying theater is similar to Race Through New York, and will use the existing flying theater. It will be located in the Ireland land of BGW. From BGW, " Enter a portal into a hidden world of mythical characters in Ireland.....Virtual reality headsets will replace video screens". There's some cool shots of the present flying theater from under the platform....Interesting

I'm not particularly susceptible to motion sickness, but even I think that sounds like nausea waiting to happen.

I'm not particularly susceptible to motion sickness, but even I think that sounds like nausea waiting to happen.
After I received the email from BGW, I did my daily check though the theme park sites I check for news. Turned out that Niles wrote an article on this BGW announcement after he saw the announcement. In his article he was saying the VR coasters he experienced actually had less motion sickness than when he rode them as normal coasters, but it was important that it was synched properly. But he emphasized the big problem is the extreme loading slowness and loss of capacity. That ride at BGW (only one theater), in it's previous incarnations, had horrible capacity and long waits even if there weren't many people in line. So, this is really going to be a tough PR situation for BGW if the loading is substantially slower, thus creating even worse capacity issues.

Watched the POV which to be honest is not bad... the checkpoint/racing visuals mar the travelogue aspect a bit but otherwise it's a cute simulator with a neat touring aspect.

I totally get why people are turned off by it but it looks better than Twister.

Soft opening updates?
Are they opening at a fairly regular time right now? The first week it seemed like it was 4p. Is it earlier now? Specific window (s)?

Any changes since the first week? Are the smells working now? Or were they working in the beginning and I just got an unlucky ride?

Soft opening updates?
Are they opening at a fairly regular time right now? The first week it seemed like it was 4p. Is it earlier now? Specific window (s)?

Any changes since the first week? Are the smells working now? Or were they working in the beginning and I just got an unlucky ride?

Seems like the attraction is running daily now, the whole day. I still expect a few times where the attraction will close for a morning or afternoon for prep work, VIP viewings, and such. The week before and of the grand opening will be more in flux as they'll be doing more video shooting for The Tonight Show.

I totally get why people are turned off by it but it looks better than Twister.

I think the attractions are so different that it's not really productive to compare them. Twister was a one-of-a-kind experience in the park, whether people enjoyed it or not. It served a purpose of adding variety to the attraction lineup at Universal Studios Florida. Race Through New York will serve a different purpose.

The question of which attraction is "better" is entirely a subjective thing. Sight unseen, I can't imagine I'll think Race is the better attraction, but that's just me!

Friend is at the park today, she's not a pass holder and only comes down a few times every year. She rode Jimmy (lol) for the first time today and said it was good, just a little short. She's staying at Portofino and has Unlimited Express but says they aren't accepting it right now. She did say that once she got inside she barely had to wait at all before riding

Attachments

• ss 2017-03-20 at 2.36.18 PM.jpg
    ss 2017-03-20 at 2.36.18 PM.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 53
Friend is at the park today, she's not a pass holder and only comes down a few times every year. She rode Jimmy (lol) for the first time today and said it was good, just a little short. She's staying at Portofino and has Unlimited Express but says they aren't accepting it right now. She did say that once she got inside she barely had to wait at all before riding
Sounds like she is what they expected to be experiencing this.
Had no idea of what it was (not a utuber), got her time and her experience started when she entered.
To here it was not waiting for a ride it was all part of the adventure.