Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it was cool, my first thought was it had an incredible layout and design feel in the waiting rooms. it was cool XD

best review for a ride ever XD

I have video of the kiosk and what it looks like if you its fine to reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I finally got a chance to go check this out yesterday. It was pretty close to what I was expecting, but I absolutely loved it. It's probably my favorite Universal attraction to open in a long time. While we can all agree the use of simulators is getting old, it's really refreshing to see entertainment being used in attractions. That's something that seems to be dying out at WDW and in my opinion is what made so many of their attractions really great. While it may not seem like a big deal it has a huge long term cost, that could have been easily avoided with just a screen or AA.

I finally got a chance to go check this out yesterday. It was pretty close to what I was expecting, but I absolutely loved it. It's probably my favorite Universal attraction to open in a long time. While we can all agree the use of simulators is getting old, it's really refreshing to see entertainment being used in attractions. That's something that seems to be dying out at WDW and in my opinion is what made so many of their attractions really great. While it may not seem like a big deal it has a huge long term cost, that could have been easily avoided with just a screen or AA.
To me, one of the most essential elements in a theme park is live entertainment. It's really refreshing that Universal has embraced it so strongly in the Studio's park. It's one of the main reasons I rate this park so highly. Live entertainment everywhere.

Passholder "previews" signup:

UOAP Exclusive Event Sign-Up| Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon™

You are invited to sign-up for this Exclusive Passholder Only Event. This is your chance to ride Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon™ during technical rehearsal* before it's open to the public. Keep in mind, some elements of the attraction and entertainment may not be available as we prepare for the ride’s grand opening. This exclusive event will take place March 26 – March 30, 2017 during select times. Sign up is first come, first served.​

I forget that this ride hasn't opened up yet. I keep hoping for some minor changes to improve the experience, but I know we're past that point now.

I have the impression that I'm going to like it so I'm still being optimistic. It does seem very 50/50.
Rode first time yesterday and again today. Love it. Here 8 days and most probably will ride everyday. They have an AP special showing on certain mornings. Will be there Monday and see what they will do for the AP's.. nice addition to the park IMO.

I have the impression that I'm going to like it so I'm still being optimistic. It does seem very 50/50.
Me too. I used to agree with HTF a lot. But lately it seems like our opinions on attractions no longer coincide. I'm not really into the technical make up of attractions. The key to me is if it's fun, entertaining and puts a smile on my face.

Me too. I used to agree with HTF a lot. But lately it seems like our opinions on attractions no longer coincide. I'm not really into the technical make up of attractions. The key to me is if it's fun, entertaining and puts a smile on my face.

That's really what it's all about. If you exit a ride feeling happier than when you went in, it should be considered a success.

I agree with HTF's assessment of the ride. The ride is good but nothing really great. The attraction as a whole though is really great. Honestly I could see wanting to stop in for a visit and skip the ride. In regards to that I've been wondering what happens if you skip your color and also what happens if you decide to not do the ride, I'm assuming they'll let you just walk through that hall between the two theaters.

Also in the wishful thinking category if they converted the lounge area where the interactive games are into a bar this place would be amazing and I could easily spend a couple hours just sitting in there and enjoying it.

I agree with HTF's assessment of the ride. The ride is good but nothing really great. The attraction as a whole though is really great. Honestly I could see wanting to stop in for a visit and skip the ride. In regards to that I've been wondering what happens if you skip your color and also what happens if you decide to not do the ride, I'm assuming they'll let you just walk through that hall between the two theaters.

Also in the wishful thinking category if they converted the lounge area where the interactive games are into a bar this place would be amazing and I could easily spend a couple hours just sitting in there and enjoying it.