Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would assume, that Fallon would be having the extended queue used for Horror Nights. It is far enough for it to be used, as they can then simply turn off the kiosks there, cover them with tarp, and then use that as an maze entrance.

Then, they can keep Fallon operational via the main kiosks to the left of it, and to have something of capacity over there that is not just Mummy and Transformers.

Reactions: Clive
Since there is obviously no randomization, I wonder if they have thought of seasonal overlays. A Christmas version would be cool.
Even if they didn't touch the ride itself (film cost factors), they could have significant holiday overlays in the queue. ie. Ragtime Girls singing Christmas Carols, Panda dressed up like Santa Panda, Tonight Show past Christmas show video clips on the TV's etc.

I would assume, that Fallon would be having the extended queue used for Horror Nights. It is far enough for it to be used, as they can then simply turn off the kiosks there, cover them with tarp, and then use that as an maze entrance.

Then, they can keep Fallon operational via the main kiosks to the left of it, and to have something of capacity over there that is not just Mummy and Transformers.
I looked through those windows last week wondering if they had set that up so it could work for HHN. The area where those kiosks are is walled off, seems to be storage only so couldn't be used as an entrance. I looked through the Ghostbusters firehouse doors and could see the extended queue area although at the time it was just an open area so they seem to have put those switchbacks up recently. I'm assuming the only way to access that area is either from the museum area of the Fallon attraction or opening the firehouse doors.

I looked through those windows last week wondering if they had set that up so it could work for HHN. The area where those kiosks are is walled off, seems to be storage only so couldn't be used as an entrance. I looked through the Ghostbusters firehouse doors and could see the extended queue area although at the time it was just an open area so they seem to have put those switchbacks up recently. I'm assuming the only way to access that area is either from the museum area of the Fallon attraction or opening the firehouse doors.

If I'm not entirely mistaken though, didn't the queue when it was used for Twister, pass through a storage only area as-well?

If I'm not entirely mistaken though, didn't the queue when it was used for Twister, pass through a storage only area as-well?
It was a hall type area that ran behind all the facades. This is in that exact same area, if you were to go in that storage area shown in the photo there are walls no doors, you can't go anywhere. I would assume opening the firehouse would be the best entrance to that area for HHN. Maybe there something else though I only was able to peek through the windows.

When you enter the Fallon main entrance you immediately turn to the right, go down a long hallway, (behind the Newspaper company facades.)

At the end of the hallway are double doors straight ahead. They're normally closed. You would normally go left, into the 30 Rock lobby and get your colored ticket.

But if the line to get in to the lobby was too long, they could open those double doors, and feed the queue outside to that patio with switchbacks, and then back in, through the other door of the double doors. Then you would turn right into the 30 Rock lobby and get your ticket after re-entering the building.

I think this is what they're supposed to do instead of having the line back up down the street like what happened a couple weeks ago. Now that it looks like the outside extended queue is ready we shouldn't see backups outside anymore.

Now, given this is a virtual queue, this is just a line to get in, and the line moves quite quickly. It can just take some time to move everyone through the line, as the first floor can only hold so many people. And as we've seen from softs starting, the problem is only really bad when a lot of people are all coming in at the same time.

I would not even think this one would be open for hhn. Lower end capacity but nost of the experience relies on Ent budget. And HHN uses Ent resources They used to just run the ride portion of Earthquake/Disaster but there are more options now.

Reactions: Eckert
I would not even think this one would be open for hhn. Lower end capacity but nost of the experience relies on Ent budget. And HHN uses Ent resources They used to just run the ride portion of Earthquake/Disaster but there are more options now.

When Diagon is open for HHN, if I am not mistaken; they use the entertainment offerings within the land, even during HHN.

It's highly possible that they could be able to do both, as it's not impossible with the growing amount of attendance for HHN, and that it would be a way to synergize an attraction to the Horrah crowd.

When Diagon is open for HHN, if I am not mistaken; they use the entertainment offerings within the land, even during HHN.

It's highly possible that they could be able to do both, as it's not impossible with the growing amount of attendance for HHN, and that it would be a way to synergize an attraction to the Horrah crowd.
I would guess it would cause some conflicts for actors who are in HHN and the attraction. I'm sure it would balance out though since Disney has been so drastically cutting entertainment. Could actually be a good thing for many of those actors who have recently found themselves either out of work or short on hours.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would guess it would cause some conflicts for actors who are in HHN and the attraction. I'm sure it would balance out though since Disney has been so drastically cutting entertainment. Could actually be a good thing for many of those actors who have recently found themselves either out of work or short on hours.
Universal: Retirement home for Disney's live entertainment. :)

If it hasn't been an issue with Potter, I think it could be theoretically very possible to have it.

The way Fallon is marketed, it could make more sense as Fallon also does cater to a late night crowd. And if he could be able to give a slight marketing wink to check out his ride during Universals Halloween Horror Nights, it could be a way to synergize a brand new attraction alongside the event; which has been growing audiences of many kinds (even if one of them..is bad).

My Review:

You all may hate me, but, I absolutely loved the whole thing! I would say this is Universal's most "fun" ride they've built in a few years..

Queue experience:
Wow - how the heck did they fit all of this in here? I was wowed when I was walking through and looking at everything, I love the bottom floor museum and the top floor games/musical entertainment...We waited for about 20 minutes in the waiting area before our colour was called, it felt like 5 minutes..My only gripe here would be: I wish there were more couches and places to sit..Most of the couches were taken up when we were in there..I imagine this may be fixed as they actually start using the virtual queue...I found a spot on the floor just fine, but I know for some people that may be difficult as they have bad knees/backs, etc...This kind of queue is a game changer for Universal if they continue to do stuff like this...I also felt a bit nostalgic on this ride...I don't know about anyone else, but this felt like something that would have opened with the park back when the parks first opened...Granted, it wouldn't have the quality of projection, but it felt very old school Universal Studios Florida

Ride:
I'm not sure I rode the same ride everyone else did here...It was fun, goofy and the motion was smooth...Just because motion isn't jerky doesn't mean it isn't fun..The projection is super high quality and impressive, and the effects were fun..Old and young people were riding this with me and all screaming, laughing the whole time - the ride did its job...Is it an old ride system? Sure, but it was used well

Summary/Thoughts:
I really feel bad for knocking this attraction before I even went on the thing...Likewise, I think I am mentally giving this ride a pass because a motion simulator is a motion simulator...This ride didn't promise to be a Kong or a Gringott's that promised to be a game changing E-ticket only to fall short of people's expectations..I guess it was refreshing to not see squenching on a ride haha

This is honestly Universal's best motion simulator in the park..DM is jerky and Simpsons is in deplorable condition

My only gripe is that Universal only has one version of the ride film...They seriously need to consider a randomization of the ride experience like Star Tours....Oh, by the way, I like this more than Star Tours...

I would give this ride an 8/10 if I were to rate it I guess...Solid experience, people will love it...I guess I enjoyed that nothing went wrong (if you catch my Tokyo drift)

My Review:

You all may hate me, but, I absolutely loved the whole thing! I would say this is Universal's most "fun" ride they've built in a few years..

Queue experience:
Wow - how the heck did they fit all of this in here? I was wowed when I was walking through and looking at everything, I love the bottom floor museum and the top floor games/musical entertainment...We waited for about 20 minutes in the waiting area before our colour was called, it felt like 5 minutes..My only gripe here would be: I wish there were more couches and places to sit..Most of the couches were taken up when we were in there..I imagine this may be fixed as they actually start using the virtual queue...I found a spot on the floor just fine, but I know for some people that may be difficult as they have bad knees/backs, etc...This kind of queue is a game changer for Universal if they continue to do stuff like this...I also felt a bit nostalgic on this ride...I don't know about anyone else, but this felt like something that would have opened with the park back when the parks first opened...Granted, it wouldn't have the quality of projection, but it felt very old school Universal Studios Florida

Ride:
I'm not sure I rode the same ride everyone else did here...It was fun, goofy and the motion was smooth...Just because motion isn't jerky doesn't mean it isn't fun..The projection is super high quality and impressive, and the effects were fun..Old and young people were riding this with me and all screaming, laughing the whole time - the ride did its job...Is it an old ride system? Sure, but it was used well

Summary/Thoughts:
I really feel bad for knocking this attraction before I even went on the thing...Likewise, I think I am mentally giving this ride a pass because a motion simulator is a motion simulator...This ride didn't promise to be a Kong or a Gringott's that promised to be a game changing E-ticket only to fall short of people's expectations..I guess it was refreshing to not see squenching on a ride haha

This is honestly Universal's best motion simulator in the park..DM is jerky and Simpsons is in deplorable condition

My only gripe is that Universal only has one version of the ride film...They seriously need to consider a randomization of the ride experience like Star Tours....Oh, by the way, I like this more than Star Tours...

I would give this ride an 8/10 if I were to rate it I guess...Solid experience, people will love it
:thumbsup: You're not alone. The vast majority of reviews on this thread liked it and emphasized it was a lot of fun. I think the negative reviews might be standing out since some of them came from the more long term forum members.

Finally rode this a few hours ago. It's....... different. I'm liking it the more it sits with me tbh, but it's easy to see why a lot don't like it. The ride reuses many of Universal's tropes. There's an absolutely fantastic queue (Triumph!), and the projection looks great. The front row is an awful row to sit in; avoid it if you can. The virtual queue system is flawless; I was able to get a window not even 15 minutes beforehand and was out of the ride 35 minutes after I entered.

Finally rode this a few hours ago. It's....... different. I'm liking it the more it sits with me tbh, but it's easy to see why a lot don't like it. The ride reuses many of Universal's tropes. There's an absolutely fantastic queue (Triumph!), and the projection looks great. The front row is an awful row to sit in; avoid it if you can. The virtual queue system is flawless; I was able to get a window not even 15 minutes beforehand and was out of the ride 35 minutes after I entered.
Not to drag the issue through the mud, but this is the first time I walked out of a Universal attraction in a while and felt very satisfied with the experience...

Glad they now have the backup standard line. I wonder if this was the plan originally or became the plan after that huge line that went down the street last week?