Nintendo Switch | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something to keep in mind with the Switch's sales, is I think they're also aiming to make Winter be when the sales really roll in.

It's already going strong, but they'll have a new Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Pikmin and some new original titles as well. Plus they're going to have FIFA, NBA, Skyrim Remastered, MineCraft and many more. They're trying to establish a console that targets as many people as possible. This early sale with just Zelda is to target people like us, and start building up a reputation to do a price drop towards the end of the year with a giant line up to get even more people.

To a lot of the more heavy gaming community, the Wii and WiiU really hurt their reputation. That's why a lot of people are being really hard on them right now, even though they're doing so well. They're going to use the course of this year to win them back. If you notice between the new Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade, in addition with them working with Bethesda so much, they're really showing heavy open world experiences and that this is a serious console. Not only that, but I think that the design emphasizes while it has some neat features like a touch screen and gyroscope, that those aren't primary features. The main feature is it being portable, which to third party developers requires NO EXTRA EFFORT when porting their games. This is a big deal and is why we're seeing so many already so willing to work with Nintendo.

So not only is their advertising targeting not just a family demographic, but their games are too. I think that people really need to get ready to strap in for what could be Nintendo's return to leading the console wars with Sony again.

The main things they need to prove are that they'll be providing gaming experiences that target what people loved about them during the GameCube and prior, the gimmick of this console is not one that will obstruct gameplay or become useless and they're going to keep a regular output of games flowing to the public.

Between the course of this year and E3, I think they can really do that,

Something to keep in mind with the Switch's sales, is I think they're also aiming to make Winter be when the sales really roll in.

It's already going strong, but they'll have a new Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Pikmin and some new original titles as well. Plus they're going to have FIFA, NBA, Skyrim Remastered, MineCraft and many more. They're trying to establish a console that targets as many people as possible. This early sale with just Zelda is to target people like us, and start building up a reputation to do a price drop towards the end of the year with a giant line up to get even more people.

To a lot of the more heavy gaming community, the Wii and WiiU really hurt their reputation. That's why a lot of people are being really hard on them right now, even though they're doing so well. They're going to use the course of this year to win them back. If you notice between the new Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade, in addition with them working with Bethesda so much, they're really showing heavy open world experiences and that this is a serious console. Not only that, but I think that the design emphasizes while it has some neat features like a touch screen and gyroscope, that those aren't primary features. The main feature is it being portable, which to third party developers requires NO EXTRA EFFORT when porting their games. This is a big deal and is why we're seeing so many already so willing to work with Nintendo.

So not only is their advertising targeting not just a family demographic, but their games are too. I think that people really need to get ready to strap in for what could be Nintendo's return to leading the console wars with Sony again.

The main things they need to prove are that they'll be providing gaming experiences that target what people loved about them during the GameCube and prior, the gimmick of this console is not one that will obstruct gameplay or become useless and they're going to keep a regular output of games flowing to the public.

Between the course of this year and E3, I think they can really do that,
Pokémon, not Pikmin ;)

I cannot even get a good case for my switch. They seem to be sold out everywhere.

True. I had to look around and find one in stock that I could get delivered on launch day (looking about 2 weeks before launch and most of them were sold out already.) The one I really wanted was gone (the case Mike S linked) but I got a Hori case which is decent. It feels like it would be very protected if I accidentally dropped it in the case.

Reactions: Mike S
Saw GameStop COO was talking about strong demand for the Switch. Obviously it's in his interests to say so but it's more good news.

Managed to get a Switch yesterday. Got the last one at Target, no waiting in line or anything. Just got lucky. Played a little bit of Zelda and it's really cool. I fear I might just be doing a lot of wandering around aimlessly but even that looks fun just exploring everything. Can't wait for Mario Odyssey

Managed to get a Switch yesterday. Got the last one at Target, no waiting in line or anything. Just got lucky. Played a little bit of Zelda and it's really cool. I fear I might just be doing a lot of wandering around aimlessly but even that looks fun just exploring everything. Can't wait for Mario Odyssey

I've done 25+ hours and barely touched the main storyline! It'll be a while till the next Zelda game, so take your time and have fun in this gorgeous sandbox they've created!

This is such a great game. I may be in the minority here but its the game I wish Oblivion was but wasn't. I could just not get into that game. BOTW on the other hand. I'm 40+ hours in and I'm still having a blast. I've mostly been exploring and doing side quest myself. I expect to be well over 100+ on this game which is very rare for me for a non-fighting game.

Never played Splatoon before, but had great fun with the Test Fire this weekend. It's gone straight to a 'must buy' for me.

From a performance point of view, I purchased this lan adaptor a few days ago and it was consistently rock solid whilst online, much cheaper than the official one too!

Amazon product ASIN B00MYTSN18
I couldn't participate due to work :frustrated"
I've done 25+ hours and barely touched the main storyline! It'll be a while till the next Zelda game, so take your time and have fun in this gorgeous sandbox they've created!
I'm about 80 hours in and the same as you.
Heard a speed runner did BOTW in 45 minutes.
Still hoping I can get a Switch around Christmas.
If Pokémon comes to it during the Christmas season all I can say is good luck buddy.

Scouting the Switches available at work. There were 4 in the case, now only 2 1 last I checked. They were likely put up today. First I've seen since launch.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited: