Nintendo Switch | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After issues with a computer; I am deciding to hold off on getting that computer for a later time and getting Switch with Zelda..and, it's weird.

I'll be honest, it's the same way that I felt when I got the XBOX One back in 2015 (and I still remember what happened, as it's a fun story that I'll talk about in the future). I feel strange, in the sense that I am getting something that I have never gotten.

A Nintendo Console.

I have never gotten a Nintendo console, but; I have played it a few times at friends and other family members homes; and I do enjoy it..but, I want to do something that I feel confident for. I am excited to be joining a family that I can not wait to be with, as I have never really played Zelda, or Mario, or any real Nintendo IP full-on. And it's funny, as I was always a Playstation fan but now with my XBOX (and soon to be Switch-user); it'll be fun to join a new family.

That said, I am hyped to play Zelda. I honestly want to lower expectations, but I am at the point of contention that I want to get the Switch, for Zelda. It's been hotly contended as an all-time best game, and I want my hands on it. I am also excited, mainly for just what comes next; as I'll be going out there on unknown grounds for me.

I hope I don't regret it.

After issues with a computer; I am deciding to hold off on getting that computer for a later time and getting Switch with Zelda..and, it's weird.

I'll be honest, it's the same way that I felt when I got the XBOX One back in 2015 (and I still remember what happened, as it's a fun story that I'll talk about in the future). I feel strange, in the sense that I am getting something that I have never gotten.

A Nintendo Console.

I have never gotten a Nintendo console, but; I have played it a few times at friends and other family members homes; and I do enjoy it..but, I want to do something that I feel confident for. I am excited to be joining a family that I can not wait to be with, as I have never really played Zelda, or Mario, or any real Nintendo IP full-on. And it's funny, as I was always a Playstation fan but now with my XBOX (and soon to be Switch-user); it'll be fun to join a new family.

That said, I am hyped to play Zelda. I honestly want to lower expectations, but I am at the point of contention that I want to get the Switch, for Zelda. It's been hotly contended as an all-time best game, and I want my hands on it. I am also excited, mainly for just what comes next; as I'll be going out there on unknown grounds for me.

I hope I don't regret it.
You won't regret it. If you play the way I do and go for 100% this game will keep you busy for a long time. I've had it since day 1 but still haven't even gotten to the first proper dungeon because I feel compelled to explore every nook and cranny. You really can go anywhere with virtually no obstacles as long as you know what to stock up on. I'm absolutely loving every second of it. I haven't even beat it and I'm comfortable saying that this is my new favorite Zelda.

Be sure to share your Friend Code once you get your Switch! :)

Reactions: amityboattours
You won't regret it. If you play the way I do and go for 100% this game will keep you busy for a long time. I've had it since day 1 but still haven't even gotten to the first proper dungeon because I feel compelled to explore every nook and cranny. You really can go anywhere with virtually no obstacles as long as you know what to stock up on. I'm absolutely loving every second of it. I haven't even beat it and I'm comfortable saying that this is my new favorite Zelda.

I plan on getting the Switch primarly for Zelda, and once Splatoon 2 and Odyssey come out in the near future; I'd be getting those games as-well.

Reactions: Mike S
I think it's safe to saw Switch is a success so far. Better than Wii U. You could pretty much walk into a store and get one of those at any point in time, and the buzz itself around the console was nothing like this. It was more like a controller for a console we already own, dumb name, and very confusing marketing. I love Nintendo and even I stayed away for a few months because of a high price and only NSMBU interested me.

Yes, so far. It's still early to say but things look good. What really needs to be watched is May and this summer. I have no doubt this unit will sell well this Fall after Mario Odyssey comes out.

Yes, so far. It's still early to say but things look good. What really needs to be watched is May and this summer. I have no doubt this unit will sell well this Fall after Mario Odyssey comes out.

It might do that before then too. People are still looking for one. If they can keep the hype going another month then they have Mario Kart which always did great with casuals and Nintendo fanbase. Even on the anemic Wii U it had an insane attach rate. Out of all those Wii U sales, there's still a lot of people who haven't played it (or any Wii U games) yet.

I think it's safe to saw Switch is a success so far. Better than Wii U. You could pretty much walk into a store and get one of those at any point in time, and the buzz itself around the console was nothing like this. It was more like a controller for a console we already own, dumb name, and very confusing marketing. I love Nintendo and even I stayed away for a few months because of a high price and only NSMBU interested me.

I cannot even get a good case for my switch. They seem to be sold out everywhere.