Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really like Chris and the teams at HHNU and Scarezone, but they've had some pretty big swings and misses with the last few predictions. And that scythe clue? That's a pretty big stretch.

That being said, I'm hoping he's correct, and we're going to see Crowe. No way that it's going to be Jeepers Creepers though.
Not a chance in hell Jeepers creepers comes anywhere near HHN.

I work in the industry (not as a writer at the moment, thankfully). It's not going to be pretty.

Kiss your fall TV goodbye, for the most part. You'll start seeing REALLY crappy movies pop up next year (they'll be forced into production with sloppy/unpolished drafts and rely heavily on improvisation).

Off-topic, but since you're familiar, and I've always been curious ... is there any pressure on actors, directors, down to the craft services guys NOT to cross the picket line? I would think the threat of a total shutdown would help the writers out tremendously.

Off-topic, but since you're familiar, and I've always been curious ... is there any pressure on actors, directors, down to the craft services guys NOT to cross the picket line? I would think the threat of a total shutdown would help the writers out tremendously.

Short answer is yeah, there's enormous pressure. Movies and TV shows with completed scripts will often shoot anyway (see the aforementioned Transformers 2). Everyone below the line is basically told cross the pickets or get replaced. It's case-by-case basis with above the line actors/directors, but contracts can make that tricky... and frankly, they want to get paid.

There's two big problems with these strikes... one, as you've suggested, the guilds often don't cooperate, meaning SAG, the DGA, and PGA will take a backseat, hands-off approach. The other involves those above-the-line folks. Often the (wealthy/famous) producer-writers, writer-directors, showrunners, etc. will negotiate to end the strike quickly on behalf of the rest of the "working class" writers (via the WGA, which they are members). This leads to massive compromises, and the ATTMP anticipates this. They're probably thinking it'll happen again.

Anyway, I don't see Jeepers Creepers coming to HHN, for what it's worth. It's a super cult property without a lot of pull or apparent affection in the halls of A&D. Controversy with the director/new installment won't help.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I really like Chris and the teams at HHNU and Scarezone, but they've had some pretty big swings and misses with the last few predictions. And that scythe clue? That's a pretty big stretch.

That being said, I'm hoping he's correct, and we're going to see Crowe. No way that it's going to be Jeepers Creepers though.
Yeah its a veeeeery big stretch but I'm not saying he is correct I just hope he is

just taking a wild guess but
-the shinning
-Texas chain saw either remake or number 2
-it
-american horror story
-a 3d house based on jack
-another walking dead
-
-

-the shinning
-

YES! Treehouse of Horrors V: The Shinning
latest

Reactions: graspthesun
the reason they dont do a tree house of horrors overlay is because the twirl and hurl ride is a tree house of horrors ride.They even show clips in the que.

the reason they dont do a tree house of horrors overlay is because the twirl and hurl ride is a tree house of horrors ride.They even show clips in the que.
That would seem to be a reason that would help if they decided to do a Treehouse of Horrors overlay. It would fit perfectly.

Reactions: Sledge
i'm sure they planned it and considered at one point in time. my question is, is it the amount of money and time it'll take to produce it is what stopping them?

1. they have to get the voice actors
  2. a script
  3. programmers

It's possible yes. and my personal option they should because that would make the ride a people eater which will reduce the wait time by a couple mins.

I would love a THOH overlay :heart:33... Yes please... I feel like Kang and Kudos can function as is during the regular season and if the regular ride received an overlay it would just make the whole area more "Halloweeney" during the season.

Speaking of overlays...

Anyone else think we might actually get some HP seasonal stuff this year?

I know that this has been discussed to death in past years, but hear me out...

Yesterday they announced the Holiday theming that will start in November, and during that video Mike mentioned to stay tuned for some more HP announcements coming later this year.

We know that Singapore did Death Eaters last year, so they very well could find their way over here (I know contracts may be different).

Also, if they have projection mapping set up for November/December, wouldn't it make sense to just install the equipment two months earlier, and work some HHN stuff in for September/October, and then change the programming?

Speaking of overlays...

Anyone else think we might actually get some HP seasonal stuff this year?

I know that this has been discussed to death in past years, but hear me out...

Yesterday they announced the Holiday theming that will start in November, and during that video Mike mentioned to stay tuned for some more HP announcements coming later this year.

We know that Singapore did Death Eaters last year, so they very well could find their way over here (I know contracts may be different).

Also, if they have projection mapping set up for November/December, wouldn't it make sense to just install the equipment two months earlier, and work some HHN stuff in for September/October, and then change the programming?

Singapore, isn't in Japan.;)

Reactions: anihilnation
When The Simpsons was being developed, a Treehouse of Horrors overlay was part of the plan. When the started running into contract disputes with the talent to voice the ride, it started delaying the animation and complicating the ability to create TWO films. So we're stuck with one.

They still haven't reached an agreement with Harry Shearer for the voices he does. Since he almost left the show a year ago I would guess unless they backup a bigger truckload of money to his door, he won't participate.

When The Simpsons was being developed, a Treehouse of Horrors overlay was part of the plan. When the started running into contract disputes with the talent to voice the ride, it started delaying the animation and complicating the ability to create TWO films. So we're stuck with one.

I feel like you say this every year!

Nothing bad on saying you want, it because i want it as well. XD