Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At best he made a cameo there, but no full house treatment. That scare zone area you're referring to was always so crowded it was a battle to even get through, so I may have missed him if he was there.
Definitely a cameo, no criticism. I'M HELPIN! :D

Ok, so as a big fan of Christopher Ripley I received a notification that he posted something a few days ago it was a gif of Jack Skellington from NBC while he was still the pumpkin king and was captioned "This is Halloween" so I thought "ÄHS was recently announced he must just be excited" but today he tweeted a picture of a blurry figure with what looks like a long hat just like the mayors from NBC and I knew that NBC is Disney so Universal cannot use it so I went back to the Spooky Empire video of Mike Aiello talking about the lost Icon "The Crow" and basically at the end The Crow turns into a pumpkin man and what if the gif and picture posted were not the icon but hints instead. The gif was of the pumpkin king a living pumpkin man just like The Crow and in the story he (The Crow) does say something along the lines of "Ï am Halloween" which is very close to "This is Halloween" IDK but The Cow should have been at HHN in 2007, 10 years ago. HHN likes to use numbers alot in their events (20 years of fear, sweet 16, and 25 years of Mayhem)

To be percise, if that is what he has heard as a potential icon for 27, that is not what I have heard.

That being said, I catched on on who he was saying; that being of Nathaniel Crow. And, if and I do mean this; if he is the icon of the event, there will have to be elements from his story, that have to be thematically redone; with some of the story pieces going to 20 in a way and that Jack is in his box for the time being.

Do I see it possible? I actually believe so, and that it would make more sense to bring an icon not fully seen before unlike one that was previously in marketing; but then was tossed out at the last minute (looking at you, Cindy and Eddie; even though I love Cindy).

I would love to see it, but I am not holding my grip on it.

Reactions: maroonmol
Seems like that they are simply rebuilding the MIB Tent to be a bit more larger to accomodate a maze for this year.

Ain't a new location, but it is interesting to see that they have to do that, as it makes me wonder what could be in there.

Reactions: maroonmol
It's been done a few times, sure, but _I_ never got to see it. I feel like Jim Cornette's "Seven Year Rule" applies to HHN. After seven years, there's enough churn in your audience that you can get away with redoing things.
I completely agree with this.

To be percise, if that is what he has heard as a potential icon for 27, that is not what I have heard.

That being said, I catched on on who he was saying; that being of Nathaniel Crow. And, if and I do mean this; if he is the icon of the event, there will have to be elements from his story, that have to be thematically redone; with some of the story pieces going to 20 in a way and that Jack is in his box for the time being.

Do I see it possible? I actually believe so, and that it would make more sense to bring an icon not fully seen before unlike one that was previously in marketing; but then was tossed out at the last minute (looking at you, Cindy and Eddie; even though I love Cindy).

I would love to see it, but I am not holding my grip on it.
Who have you heard?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RevFreako
Seems like that they are simply rebuilding the MIB Tent to be a bit more larger to accomodate a maze for this year.

Ain't a new location, but it is interesting to see that they have to do that, as it makes me wonder what could be in there.
Why do you say it's larger? It looks the same as last year to me.

What if the icon was a woman? I mean, I realize that the female icons have not been pulled off very well in the past, but the Chance merchandise seemed to sell really well to both sexes so I am curious if they think a female icon would bring in more money/people.

ohhhhh I would love a Psycho or Hitchcock house.... This will only be my third Horror Nights so it would be new to me, plus they could try to borrow from the Bates Motel series. I mean I would hardly think it's been done to death considering... how many appearances is TWD up to now?

ohhhhh I would love a Psycho or Hitchcock house.... This will only be my third Horror Nights so it would be new to me, plus they could try to borrow from the Bates Motel series. I mean I would hardly think it's been done to death considering... how many appearances is TWD up to now?

Difference being The Walking Dead is a phenomenon that offered different settings; as well as breaking cable records, and also helped HHN grow into a juggernaut.

Also... based on the story... he's basically a pumpkin golem. So he looks like this guy.

Or, like this guy...who just so happened to be at the entrance to a Scarezone at HHN25...

7879.jpg

I believe they were first used in the 2006 scare zone "Harvest of the Souls." They then appeared at the entrance to "Fractured Tales" in 2008. In 2010, they were used outside the parade building at the entrance to "Hallow'd Past."

Also appeared in 2012 and 2015.

Seconded, remember seeing pictures for Harvest of Souls. They were the main set piece of Fractured Tales.

Whilst it's a bit quiet on this front I'll pose a question and I know it's probably not going to be an issue this year but I've been thinking about the potential issues of house locations when kidzone goes under the knife.
So with the (albeit feint) rumours of the mummy needing a refurb at some point would it be possible to put a house in the mummy's ground floor queue? I don't think it is personally but just wondering what others think and if not where future locations could be?