Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

There's two possible spots to build that warehouse, and either one is WAY out of the way. Not saying it won't be used, but it wouldn't exactly be a fun hike.

EDIT - that's what I get for getting distracted while writing a post...

Reactions: Speed
Quick question to HHN veterans, as this is my first time doing HHN how many nights should I allow 2 or 3 ? I am currently working out what days I am doing for Disney/Universal so would like to have a rough idea so i can pencil in days.

Quick question to HHN veterans, as this is my first time doing HHN how many nights should I allow 2 or 3 ? I am currently working out what days I am doing for Disney/Universal so would like to have a rough idea so i can pencil in days.

Depends on if you're getting Express. If you have Express, 2 should be fine. No Express? You'll definitely want 3

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well I am still figuring out what passes I need, waiting for them to be avail in the UK. and express would prob be a good idea after reading stuff from last year

You could do Frequent Fear with Express pass 1 day and go multiple days. Here is the schedule I usually follow as a guideline the 13 years I have been going. I’ll do one day focused on rides and a few houses and one day dedicated to my express pass and houses multiple times. There is a lot to see there so going 3 nights gives me breathing room to see everything and not rush. And if I really like the line up I'll just do express pass all days I'm going.

Morning/Night

Sat – Arrive
Sunday - Free/HHN
Monday – Disney
Tues – Free/Disney Not So Scary
Weds – Free/HHN
Thurs – Free/ HHN
Friday – Return

I am actually there for 2 weeks and arrive on a Sunday, Mon - Weds of my first week are already booked in but after that I was looking at maybe Thurs, Fri and maybe the Sat of that first week for HHN, the Sat only if I wasn't able to do everything on the first 2 nights or if I wanted to stretch out the experience across 3 nights.

I am actually there for 2 weeks and arrive on a Sunday, Mon - Weds of my first week are already booked in but after that I was looking at maybe Thurs, Fri and maybe the Sat of that first week for HHN, the Sat only if I wasn't able to do everything on the first 2 nights or if I wanted to stretch out the experience across 3 nights.
For any multi night situation it will typically be cheaper to just get a Frequent Fear Pass. Stay and Scream is also a big factor, you could probably easily gat all 9 houses in just during S&S over 2-3 days. Then also potentially add an after 10 express pass if you need/want it.

Yea I was looking at the Frequent Fear pass as I was looking at doing multi nights, has someone got a link to a previous HHN that explains what the different passes are and include ?

Yea I was looking at the Frequent Fear pass as I was looking at doing multi nights, has someone got a link to a previous HHN that explains what the different passes are and include ?
There are three levels regular does not include Friday or Saturday, Plus adds Fridays and Ultimate adds Fridays and Saturdays. If your going towards the beginning of the event there is usually Rush of Fear which usually includes Fri & Sat and also the other passes often include the first Fridays and Saturdays. If you could do Wed-Fri that would probably be the best value for you.

Well I arrive 1st of Oct so was looking at the end of the first week to do my Universal trips but things could always be shifted about a bit if it made things easier to do HHN.

Well I arrive 1st of Oct so was looking at the end of the first week to do my Universal trips but things could always be shifted about a bit if it made things easier to do HHN.
That seems like a good time to go. It's always crowded but that's after the initial rush and before hell week.

Reactions: LieutLaww
That seems like a good time to go. It's always crowded but that's after the initial rush and before hell week.

Thanks for the advice, so pick a pass that would cover the Thurs to Sat of the first week I am there, then I am covered if I don't manage to do everything in the first 2 days ?

Thanks for the advice, so pick a pass that would cover the Thurs to Sat of the first week I am there, then I am covered if I don't manage to do everything in the first 2 days ?
Whatever pass you get will include Wednesday also. I would go with Wed - Fri. The jump from regular to plus isn't much but is significantly more to add Saturday and Saturdays are usually pretty packed. You usually can upgrade passes. So you could potentially start out with the regular FFP then upgrade for Fri and or Sat.

Ok thanks, I will have to see what passes become avail on the UK Universal site and go from there to decide what I will do. When do things like FFP etc start to appear ?

Ok thanks, I will have to see what passes become avail on the UK Universal site and go from there to decide what I will do. When do things like FFP etc start to appear ?
Probably in a few months, but typically they show up on the UK travel sites first. Also forgot to mention those passes include Sundays so if your still there that Sunday it's another option.

One more suggestion in case the price point on the FFP that includes Fri/Sat is too rich for your blood...

The past two years, we've done regular FFP without express, and went Sun, Wed, and Thur.

This gave us a ton of time to cover almost every house at least twice, see the shows, and hang out in scarezones/ride rides.

Probably in a few months, but typically they show up on the UK travel sites first. Also forgot to mention those passes include Sundays so if your still there that Sunday it's another option.
Well I am there for 2 weeks so a Sunday could be an option, I will just have to look at prices etc when they become avail and see, The main thing will be as I am staying at Disney I will be looking to be at one of the Universal parks for the whole day so I don't have to travel back and forth too much when doing HHN. But again thanks for all the advice it is very much appreciated, and I wish they would announce some more stuff :p

Reactions: s8film40
Well I am there for 2 weeks so a Sunday could be an option, I will just have to look at prices etc when they become avail and see, The main thing will be as I am staying at Disney I will be looking to be at one of the Universal parks for the whole day so I don't have to travel back and forth too much when doing HHN. But again thanks for all the advice it is very much appreciated, and I wish they would announce some more stuff :p

My last three years, Sundays have been awful. I am usually there the third, fourth, or fifth week of the event and still, Sundays have been my absolute least favorite days. I actually have had better luck on Saturdays than Sundays the last two years. I am curious as to other's thoughts, but figured I would just weigh in with my recent experiences. All that being said, we are purposefully not going on a Sunday this year as all five of my group have loathed our experiences on that particular night.

My last three years, Sundays have been awful. I am usually there the third, fourth, or fifth week of the event and still, Sundays have been my absolute least favorite days. I actually have had better luck on Saturdays than Sundays the last two years. I am curious as to other's thoughts, but figured I would just weigh in with my recent experiences. All that being said, we are purposefully not going on a Sunday this year as all five of my group have loathed our experiences on that particular night.

Last year our Sunday was definitely busier than in the past, but not too bad. What we found though was that the Thursday we went was absolutely miserable. Wall to wall people, and you could barely move.