Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

They still haven't reached an agreement with Harry Shearer for the voices he does. Since he almost left the show a year ago I would guess unless they backup a bigger truckload of money to his door, he won't participate.

I don't understand why they don't just use a soundalike. It's not like we'd be dealing with a Hermione-on-HE situation.

Were people still expecting Insidious? Because the new one just got pushed from Halloween to January...usually not a good sign

How much does that honestly play into things? I mean, in 2009 they did "The Wolfman" and that got pushed multiple times until it finally ended up coming out in February. I would think if they are far enough along in the process, they would still go through with the house and treat it like a preview of the new chapter.

Unless, of course, you heard something to the contrary?

How much does that honestly play into things? I mean, in 2009 they did "The Wolfman" and that got pushed multiple times until it finally ended up coming out in February. I would think if they are far enough along in the process, they would still go through with the house and treat it like a preview of the new chapter.

Unless, of course, you heard something to the contrary?

I know zilch on the inside about HHN. I just think punting from Oct to Jan for a horror movie means the movie is probably awful and makes a HHN house for it unnecessary and a waste.

I know zilch on the inside about HHN. I just think punting from Oct to Jan for a horror movie means the movie is probably awful and makes a HHN house for it unnecessary and a waste.

While I agree that the IP holder would probably want to hold off on adding any new material to the house (no spoilers), I disagree with your first part.

Jan/Feb used to be a good dumping ground for crap movies. That's changed a bit in the past year or so, especially when it comes to horror. Split and Get Out were both released in the first two months of the year, and are two of the higher rated movies so far.

It could just be that they saw an overly crowded October, and decided to punt to a much less competitive time.

If we do end up still seeing it, it will probably be very similar to the HHN25 house.

While I agree that the IP holder would probably want to hold off on adding any new material to the house (no spoilers), I disagree with your first part.

Jan/Feb used to be a good dumping ground for crap movies. That's changed a bit in the past year or so, especially when it comes to horror. Split and Get Out were both released in the first two months of the year, and are two of the higher rated movies so far.

It could just be that they saw an overly crowded October, and decided to punt to a much less competitive time.

If we do end up still seeing it, it will probably be very similar to the HHN25 house.

This is all very fair - but there's yet another possibility, one I propose with a wink: the movie just isn't ready.

Nope, Universal just had a really crowded October where their own films would cannibalize each other. The Snowman on the 13th, followed by Insidious, followed by thank you for your service. Instead going with Half to Death which isn't a full fleged franchise.

Nope, Universal just had a really crowded October where their own films would cannibalize each other. The Snowman on the 13th, followed by Insidious, followed by thank you for your service. Instead going with Half to Death which isn't a full fleged franchise.
This is all very fair - but there's yet another possibility, one I propose with a wink: the movie just isn't ready.

Okay, let's try again: that's simply not the rationale. If that were the case, they'd leave the October 20th (a plum date) vacant or move one of the other films you named to that spot.

If Insidious moved because of competition, it wasn't because of Universal's slate; neither of those movies are going to do substantial numbers. October already has three other horror films with Cloverfield, mother!, and Saw.

If Insidious moved because of competition, it wasn't because of Universal's slate; neither of those movies are going to do substantial numbers. October already has three other horror films with Cloverfield, mother!, and Saw.

Not to mention, they have to deal with Kingsman, Blade Runner, and MLP in terms of what they have to deal with in October, not just the Horror films.

They are going to be busy, so it could be better to push it back to January, especially with the financial success of Split proving that January being possible. It still worries me though, but with it on Hollywood's leaked list, I'll be curious.