Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 380 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm actual feedback is starting to come in (not just here), it'll be interesting to watch magic/dis to see how the reaction is. I know on dis the whole thing about "certain body dimensions" not fitting on the flight of passage ride is getting a bit heated (particularly if someone reserves a FP+ and can't fit!), and on magic there is a lot of defending.

Pretty but lacking much content is about what I expected. Good simulator (screenz!), and a so so boat ride with a neat animatronic, and a really cool night experience. This land is going to create pixie dust-ups for a while.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Frogki
All of the money in the land was spent on the Flight of Passage standby queue. It seems like a mile long and it's room after room of amazing detail. If you go in the Fastpass line you don't see any of it. FOP was cool. It was NOT ground breaking but an evolutionary step forward from Soarin'.

dammit.. I got my FP+ because I thought the queues would be the other way around.. now I have to switch them

Is it true that one must lean way forward on FOP? If so, I think I would go into hysterics watching someone of those dimensions trying to fit. Poor lil flying dragon.
I did have someone in my bay who couldn't ride because his stomach was too big. You sit forward against this padded thing and you grip the handle bars. Then the restraints come from behind your back and legs. And if the back rest doesn't go far enough you can't ride. Tall people with long legs are also going to have issues.

How it works...

The rooms you load into are essentially elevator cars attached to the building. Your seats pan, tilt, etc... and between your legs it breathes like a thigh master and then there is high def rumble in the stomach back butt and other contact points.

So the first minute was what my friends have deemed synchronized screaming. Because it seems so innocuous. You are sitting upright, not bent over, and held in place and you have to look straight down to see the panel. But the elevator arrangement allows you to drop the full height of that room you loaded in. It's very smooth movement and very well synchronized to the screen.

So a tilting seat - that can really tilt far - and then that elevator aspect. The reason they tell you to push items into the bins is because a foot or so past the bins the room drops and rises.

How it works...

Thanks for the info, Epcyclopedia. An' well that's one way to perform a realistic drop/fall! Sure it's another motion simulator, though combining that with a bit of ToT is a fun way to do things.

Though I do have a question, from what I've seen of the pre-shows they look nice, but I imagine they'd get old/long-winded with rerides. Do you think that might be the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.