Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Deadpool Rights for Meet & Greet?

Apr 18, 2015
Was just thinking about this, where does Deadpool fall in regards to the Marvel characters and Disney? Is he fair game to Universal and if so would Universal be willing to use him in a meet and greet, or since he is rated R no good?

I'd assume that even without the Rights being a problem for the East Coast, I'd doubt that Disney would want to use characters currently used by Fox. And as for Deadpool..I'd say that excluding the R rated Superhero flick that has boosted popularity for the character, I'd still say that it'd be highly doubtful that you would ever see him in the theme park.

If you look at the merchandise at Marvel Superhero Island one of the few items that actually said Universal Studios on it features Deadpool on a T-Shirt. While I also doubt that a meet and greet characters would happen, its not like Universal is opposed to using Deadpool. And as for being rated R, its not like Deadpool cant be made kid friendly as he is used fairly prominently in the Lego Marvel Superheroes video game.

Was just thinking about this, where does Deadpool fall in regards to the Marvel characters and Disney? Is he fair game to Universal and if so would Universal be willing to use him in a meet and greet, or since he is rated R no good?

Deadpool would belong in the X-Men family - therefore Universal could theoretically use him (doubtful).

Funny story, I went to Islands in 2013 -- Was before Deadpool was anything other than a comic book merc.

I was wearing a Deadpool shirt, and we're in line for Wolverine....I finally get up and this is how it goes down

Wolverine: Enjoying the park so far?

Me: yeah its been really ----

Wolverine: SHUT UP WADE!!!!

I nearly lost my poop it was so awesome!!! Great interaction, and great character that Wolverine was!

On that note, have any characters changed at all since IOA opened? I mean, isn't the same usual set of X-men for photo ops and Spider-man? Outfits changed a bit, but it seems the choices have shrunk over the years, not grown.

On that note, have any characters changed at all since IOA opened? I mean, isn't the same usual set of X-men for photo ops and Spider-man? Outfits changed a bit, but it seems the choices have shrunk over the years, not grown.
Captain America too. I'm pretty sure he's been there since opening (especially with the Captain America Diner). It definitely hasn't grown, but some characters don't show up very often. I can't remember the last time I saw Green Goblin or Doctor Doom (granted, I don't pay attention to that stuff...)

... Green Goblin or Doctor Doom (granted, I don't pay attention to that stuff...)
They were out when we there (ie one of the days between 2-7 April). Was great being surprised by Spider-Man etc appearing in street, rather than having to queue

Funny, ain't it? I mean, with Jurassic Park's Raptor Encounter and Transformers, they hit it out of the park, no pun intended. But they've left the Marvel side to be just the same weirdo motorcycles.

a friend of mine took his 10 year old to see Deadpool in the theater not realizing it was R rated (yeah I don't understand that either)...that must have been awkward...