Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Electric Ocean - Summer 2017

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
This seems like it's gonna be an
interesting event. Their banking big on special events to increase attendance this year. I wonder if it helps.

electric-ocean-logo-1.jpg

SWO-2017-Electric-Ocean.jpg

As far as what's happening, they haven't announced much yet, but I know a bit.

There definitely will be a new fireworks/fountain show that will be on either nightly or weekends only depending on what gets approved based on budget concerns. Those same budget concerns will determine whether new fountains are installed for the show or they reuse the current ones.

The event seems to remind me of there Christmas event. Lots of lights and decorations everywhere with some special shows for the season.

Some Deep Blue Creative guys were seen on a boat at the central lagoon recently. It seemed like they were scoping out potential locations for something.

Some Deep Blue Creative guys were seen on a boat at the central lagoon recently. It seemed like they were scoping out potential locations for something.

I hear weighing down orca bodies with stones and sinking them is the way they've disposed of adult corpses for decades.

Dates were announced today: June 17 through August 6.

From the website:

"As the sun goes down, the lights and energy go up, offering guests a different kind of fun after dark.

Surf beyond your expectations as the sea comes alive at night and dive into Electric Ocean, SeaWorld’s all-new summer nighttime celebration. Electric Ocean is an outrageous festival of lights, music, and life that’s as vibrant as the sea itself. Give yourself permission to voyage into exotic underwater worlds that come alive as the sun sets with brilliant energy, electrifying dance music, and dazzling light. Join live performers inspired by playful sea creatures at the party along the shore where world-class DJ’s transform the night into an all-ages club beneath the waves. Dance along to Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night and then surf the wave to a whole new level with a fireworks and fountains spectacular that brings the brilliant colors of the sea to the skies above the park.

Electric Ocean is your family’s electrifying destination for the ultimate nighttime celebration. Summer nights at SeaWorld have never been brighter!"

I guess I'm the only one who cares at this point but...

SWO updated their page on Electric Ocean on their website. Sea Lions Tonite is returning along with the SeaWorld mime and with an almost completely new script. Ignite is the new daily fireworks show coming this summer, which will include fountains and projections. Light up the Night is making a return this summer as well. Club Sea Glow is the new dance party happening along the shores of the central lake (probably at Bayside Stadium or The Waterfront) that will include "playful sea creatures." The pathways will also "transform" into a glowing undersea party. Sea Lions Tonite and Light up the Night are both starting before Electric Ocean btw.

Last edited:
So I need to visit after June 17th. Got it. It almost sounds like there's going to be TOO MUCH to be able to squeeze into one night.

So I need to visit after June 17th. Got it. It almost sounds like there's going to be TOO MUCH to be able to squeeze into one night.
If their idea is to get you coming back another day then it'll work!

For overseas guests, SWO is historically probably a 1 day visit out of a 14 day trip. They could find themselves with more multiday visits during the same trip.

The Pop show premiered a few days ago, and I got to say that it's pretty good. It has a relatively large production value and the ending is awesome but exactly what you expect; It's tons of bubbles surrounding the audience with lots of lasers, lights, and strobes.

Yea, my update's video has a few segments with Electric Ocean decor and pyro and fountain tech being installed.

Here's some pics:

P1110876.jpg

P1110878.jpg

P1110879.jpg

P1110880.jpg

The reason the upper levels are being covered is you wont be able to see the fireworks from up there with the roof obstructing the view btw:
P1110884.jpg

P1110882.jpg

P1110886.jpg

P1110913.jpg

Love these decorations. Cant wait to see them lit up:
P1110916.jpg

P1110918.jpg

P1110831.jpg

EDIT: Plus, I will be there Friday night for the press event. If there's any announcements or news about the event I'll post here after.

The club/rave at bayside stadium is probably the best theme park dance party I've seen, but it's a little weird at a theme park. The fireworks show appears to be the best SeaWorld has done anywhere and definitely rivals some of the other Orlando parks. Full videos should start popping up soon enough.

Club Sea Glow

Ignite Fireworks Show

https://twitter.com/orlparkpass/status/875894264311558144
https://twitter.com/orlparkpass/status/875894855993626624

The new Sea Lions Tonight show premiers tomorrow. I wonder how it'll be different than past years.

I was really impressed by the Ignite show! Best nighttime show I've seen at SeaWorld in a loooooonnnggggg time! Great use of fountains, fire, lasers and fireworks. I may post a video in a couple days.

The overall atmosphere for Electric Ocean is great. They installed a heck of a lot of blacklights and sell face paint and glow stuff. Fun atmosphere.

I don't get why the whole upper sections had to be closed off. The first few rows of the balcony actually offer the best views.
The roof blocks the fireworks for the upper rows. It almost blocked the view for me and I was halfway up the lower rows.