Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plants you see are native to Pandora, a fictional alien world... on Pandora, they would be real, so bioluminescent is the correct term. Do you think they'd really say come see the fake glowy plants at the new area of animal Kingdom?
Good line., "Do you think they'd really say come see the fake glowy plants at the new area of Animal Kingdom". :):thumbsup:

The plants you see are native to Pandora, a fictional alien world... on Pandora, they would be real, so bioluminescent is the correct term. Do you think they'd really say come see the fake glowy plants at the new area of animal Kingdom?

He's moreso pointing out how they just copy whatever press kit blurb Disney gives them.

Yeah, but wouldn't you? Why go out of your way to change the way you describe something if the way it was described to you already made sense?

Because your job as a journalist is not to tow a company line... not to sell things but to report the facts?

It's funny to see people here jump on one of the most respected travel journalists in the nation. It points out just how far from the norm Disney's relationship with the media is.

Softs started at rope drop today:

I always miss it by a day. Rumor is the soft open is only until 2pm so more media stuff can happen. I guess I'll just wait until Tuesday morning to head back.

On a related note, anyone know what time Disney restaurants switch over from breakfast to lunch? I want to do Satu'li breakfast more than anything next time I go.

Because your job as a journalist is not to tow a company line... not to sell things but to report the facts?

It's funny to see people here jump on one of the most respected travel journalists in the nation. It points out just how far from the norm Disney's relationship with the media is.
But it's not towing a company line to call them what they're supposed to be. Again, it's not like when Diagon was opening the media was going, "Universal is also selling interactive wands, which aren't really magic. They just trigger special effects in the land".

If he were commenting on the quality of the bioluminescent plants (like if he were saying that he doesn't feel the illusion works), that'd be one thing. Instead, he's needlessly trying to point out media 'corruption' because they're not calling out a theme park for failing to take bioengineering to the next level.

Oh I love the look of the Africa side exit. Reminds me of the raised boardwalk nature trails of South Florida over wetlands:

Okay, this is weird. Hanging up pictures on the wall like it's a normal room kinda kills the sci-fi vibe in the mess hall:

Do I go to softs or do I not? *bites nails*
Rumors are it will end at 2pm, so by the time you park, go thru security, walk in, walk over, is it even worth it? I would but it'll take me 45 mins min to get there so I'm not gonna bother today.

FoP is 45 min wait and growing. Single rider line is not open.

But hey, they are doing the drum circle shows! So there's that at least.

Those should both be within the hard queues.. that's odd.

Even if you calculate for max fp distribution (80%) the lines only go to about 2 hours worth of people (if accurate) which should be within the hard queues.

Those should both be within the hard queues.. that's odd.

Even if you calculate for max fp distribution (80%) the lines only go to about 2 hours worth of people (if accurate) which should be within the hard queues.
People are more fanned out because everyone is stopping to take pictures in the queues according to WDWNT, but it's possible cast members just aren't used to knowing the accurate wait times and they aren't correct.

People are more fanned out because everyone is stopping to take pictures in the queues according to WDWNT, but it's possible cast members just aren't used to knowing the accurate wait times and they aren't correct.

Well, interior switchbacks might not be open either, but that puts FoP way below the 4 hours of hard queue its supposed to have if it is sticking out the front.

People may possibly also be moving slowly through the queue so they experience everything new. That could stretch out the line also. Similar when you get backups at FJ for the portraits & chambers room when people slow up to experience the queue.

:agree: We've had a parade of Sentinel/OBJ reporters (at least one of whom is at least capable in other areas) who think their job is to regurgitate press releases, then show up and collect free stuff from the companies they cover. Not just Disney anymore. I expect that from bloggers, but a real shame coming from alleged "journalists." One of the main signs Orlando is the last "company town" in the U.S.

/Rant :topic:

Forced dichotomy it may be, having attended opening day of Volcano Bay yesterday, no doubt Disney did this the right way with their CM/AP/blogger previews. Allowed plenty of people on social media to see this land in its best possible light.

Status
Not open for further replies.