Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Effects seem to not be on yet in stargazers cavern
Also waits seem to be go down near closing so probably a good time to get in some rides

Last edited:
I can't speak for paying guest and it is wrong.

As an APH, it is easy for me to say I'll most likely visit the park at least twice, since I imagine it will be more than that, I feel certain I will get my monies worth (save I haven't been able to upgrade to a three park pass as I live too far to just visit the parks).

Heck, I've stayed deluxe before, went to the park for half a day and only rode one ride even with Express.

So I guess as always, it must be passholders fault!

But seriously. I have not looked at a lot of recent pics or anything, but how crowded does the park feel/look...I mean from here I heard long food waits (even if I weren't staying on site, I'd think about eating at CBBR...I know sometime back I wondered how hard it would be to leave/come back to the park..I mean returning then getting a new tapua seems silly..

But long lines at slides, empty chairs, and down a river? It does sound like (to me) that this park could be a relaxing park evening when crowded.

I also still think a lot of guest will tire out after 4 to 5 hours and still hope to see this park more as a place to visit after a morning in another gate...but these first few visits...I think we will spend most of our time at VB (with a room at CBBR or SF).

Reactions: Quint
Is the eruption going to be a nightly thing or only during the summer? This is confusing me greatly because I thought the eruption was going to be a big part of every night at the park - maybe they aren't doing it because it isn't finished yet?

I can't speak for paying guest and it is wrong.

As an APH, it is easy for me to say I'll most likely visit the park at least twice, since I imagine it will be more than that, I feel certain I will get my monies worth (save I haven't been able to upgrade to a three park pass as I live too far to just visit the parks).

Heck, I've stayed deluxe before, went to the park for half a day and only rode one ride even with Express.

So I guess as always, it must be passholders fault!

But seriously. I have not looked at a lot of recent pics or anything, but how crowded does the park feel/look...I mean from here I heard long food waits (even if I weren't staying on site, I'd think about eating at CBBR...I know sometime back I wondered how hard it would be to leave/come back to the park..I mean returning then getting a new tapua seems silly..

But long lines at slides, empty chairs, and down a river? It does sound like (to me) that this park could be a relaxing park evening when crowded.

I also still think a lot of guest will tire out after 4 to 5 hours and still hope to see this park more as a place to visit after a morning in another gate...but these first few visits...I think we will spend most of our time at VB (with a room at CBBR or SF).

It didn't feel crowded at all. Especially after 4.

As far as food lines, it's interesting to see that complaint. We had lunch around 12:30-1 and waited 15 min in line. Walking around and seeing the other restaurants, we saw lines, but nothing that's "OMG LOOK HOW CRAZY1" worthy.

Is the eruption going to be a nightly thing or only during the summer? This is confusing me greatly because I thought the eruption was going to be a big part of every night at the park - maybe they aren't doing it because it isn't finished yet?
I think you hit it, once the volcano and the underpinnings are finished the nightly show can begin. For now the closing times are before full sunset.

There is no show. Just an eruption. Problem is, still light out.

CNN confirmed that there will be a nightly show multiple times a night that converts the volcano from water to lava.

Also, apparently below the volcano there is supposed to be an interactive talking tiki named Vol similar to the mystic fountain.

CNN has also mentioned a "farting tiki" which I haven't seen anything about.

Somewhat worried that Stargazers Cavern won't ever come to life..

Reactions: Andysol
Here's another POV video of TeAwa, The Fearless River. Looks like its not completely filled at some sections.

The part where it winds thru the volcano starts at about the 1 minute mark:

Reactions: Teebin
CNN confirmed that there will be a nightly show multiple times a night that converts the volcano from water to lava.

Also, apparently below the volcano there is supposed to be an interactive talking tiki named Vol similar to the mystic fountain.

CNN has also mentioned a "farting tiki" which I haven't seen anything about.

Somewhat worried that Stargazers Cavern won't ever come to life..

The show is the eruption. That's it. I wouldn't call it a show, but CNN did so :lol:

Here's another POV video of TeAwa, The Fearless River. Looks like its not completely filled at some sections.

The part where it winds thru the volcano starts at about the 1 minute mark:

I don't get it, are the waves really that high when on? This looks like you are floating through an illegal canal that passes through an employee area...The lazy river is probably the weakest point of the whole park..Everything else seems to be done well

I don't get it, are the waves really that high when on? This looks like you are floating through an illegal canal that passes through an employee area...The lazy river is probably the weakest point of the whole park..Everything else seems to be done well

Lol. Now that you mention it. It does kind of look like that. I don't mind though. I think it looks kind of cool going under the rides like that.

I think the reason we are seeing long wait lines is because literally anyone can use their device to get in line. Unlike Disney whose fast passes limit you 3 to start, and several that are booked up way before you actually Visit the park.

Since there is no real penalty or hinderance to scan your taptu, more people end up waiting in lines for rides they would have said..."I'm not waiting an hour for that!"

Reactions: maxairmike