Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think Tapu Tapu is going to be an issue. I literally HATE waiting in water park lines. Being crammed up against wet people on stairs and occasionally being dripped on by the slide is the most boring thing ever. I think/ hope that once they get the park 100%, Universal can focus on plussing the park with small additions like streetmosphere, a full service restaurant, maybe even a parade/water pageant of some sort.
If all you care about is running from slide to slide, what's the point of an all day water theme park? Real theme park fans don't enjoy the rest of the parks like that. You don't run to escape to Gringotts and then run out of Diagon Alley.
From the pictures we've seen the first two days, this is not Diagon Alley level, but I have confidence it can be. Even in its current state, it definitely deserves to be sipped like a fine wine, not chugged like a crappy beer.

I don't think the stars in that cave have been cut - that effect cannot be that hard to pull off, and it has been a highlight in most of the major advertising for VB. I'd imagine it's being worked on but the river was opened to add something, anything to aid in alleviating people's waits.

Reactions: Joel
First look in Stargazer's Tavern. Don't think the effects are turned on yet, but I'm a bit disappointed that it isn't on the same scale as the concept art.

Maybe the stars just aren't turned on, tested or finished yet? It is called stargazer's tavern, they' must know there should be stars. :lol:

I have to say, I kinda stayed out of VB discussion because I had no interest in it anytime soon. I don't hit the water parks frequently in general, and I wanted to wait a while for the kinks to work out of all this new stuff. But this is fascinating stuff.

From my brief exposure to the commercials, AP mailers, etc. this is not at all how I expected this to be going. And really in the Comcast Renaissance it's unprecedented for them to roll out something that doesn't exactly match what's promised, and is clearly not ready.

I know the stargazers cavern is underwhelming, but this lazy river is still so superior to the action river in theming right now. I'm ok with a generic cave for now compared to the mess under the volcano right now in the action river. That really should take priority for Universal.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder if Universal should have left Wet 'N Wild open for a short season this year (like March 11-September 10), then have opened Volcano Bay in early October. It would have allowed more time to complete the main plot, if not the expansion plot as well. Shutting Wet 'N Wild in January and February would have cut the least profitable (if not outright losing) weeks of operation off the calendar.

Testing on the biggest weekend of the year gives them the audience and size they need to adequately test the system. Lets remember Disney also did small number tests on Magicbands and once they wide released their system as well crashed.