Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Feb 15, 2012
1f5Np6P.jpg

Talk about all aspects of Pandora: World of Avatar here. Have general questions? Want to share thoughts? Post them all here. Please post all large photo posts and park reviews in the "Photos, Videos, and Reviews" thread

That doesn't provide any indication of relevancy whatsoever. It's not like nobody was going to show up to the opening day of a major park expansion.

I'm here. Are you? The line for Avatar goes up to the park entrance. People are buying merch left and right. There's probably more people waiting to get in/or inside pandora then in Volcabo Bay right now and this is a "land".

WDW, itself, has enough fans to muck up the works anytime an expansion opens.

It's not surprising.

Pretty much. It's not indicative of long term success just yet, rather how incredibly desperate the WDW crowd is for a new experience.

It is crazy to me that resort guests did this so early. Very clearly having EMH here was a mistake.

Pretty much. It's not indicative of long term success just yet, rather how incredibly desperate the WDW crowd is for a new experience.

It is crazy to me that resort guests did this so early. Very clearly having EMH here was a mistake.

I disagree. Resort guests are valued more, so they get the perk. Most resort guests will now be out of the park by probably 3pm.

I disagree. Resort guests are valued more, so they get the perk. Most resort guests will now be out of the park by probably 3pm.

I guess from a guest perspective, that's fair. I was more thinking of the poor ops team that got to turn people away before the park opened. I do wonder what having Magic Kingdom EMH in the morning would have done to spread out crowds.

I think a lot of people have mistaken this expansion as a Potter swater from the beginning, including Disney itself. I honestly believe this is their first showcase in a while saying they can make an incredibly themed, immersive environment. Once Star Wars opens, that's where we'll see how things really go.
For now, we've got a nice expansion here. I can't wait to visit Pandora and experience all it has to offer, because it looks like a fun little land.

I think a lot of people have mistaken this expansion as a Potter swater from the beginning, including Disney itself. I honestly believe this is their first showcase in a while saying they can make an incredibly themed, immersive environment. Once Star Wars opens, that's where we'll see how things really go.
For now, we've got a nice expansion here. I can't wait to visit Pandora and experience all it has to offer, because it looks like a fun little land.

I'd say the rides are better than in both Potter lands. Only thing Avatar lacks is more retail space but Pandora isn't supposed to have stores. Potter does have more to do though.

I'm here. Are you? The line for Avatar goes up to the park entrance. People are buying merch left and right. There's probably more people waiting to get in/or inside pandora then in Volcabo Bay right now and this is a "land".
I went a couple of weeks ago for the AP preview. I'll be there this evening to check out the plant lights. I'm not going because it's Avatar, I'm going because it's a cool new theme park thing. I'd be going just exactly the same if they had built something else on the same scale like Mysterious Island, or Beastly Kingdom, or Indiana Jones, or whatever. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people there are the same way. I bet if you asked all of the people walking around with those puppets on their shoulder what that animal is they would call it a dragon. I'm sure it also doesn't hurt that the park hasn't had a major new attraction added in over a decade, so there will be plenty of people flocking to it just by that merit. Disney also has a wide, extra fanatical fanbase that Universal doesn't. So OF COURSE it's going to be busy. I'm sure there's some people there because they loved the movie, but there's no way that's why most of the people are there. And even if somehow they are, that doesn't prove how relevant the property is. You can't really make any argument for that until it's still doing really well after a year, two years, five years, etc., and even then it's entirely possible it will just still be popular just because it's a well done themed attraction.

Live updates: Pandora — The World of Avatar draws grand opening crowd to Disney - Orlando Sentinel
If you've been one of those folks who for five years have been saying "Who cares about Avatar?", you need to come see the line to get into Pandora -- The World of Avatar at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

On second thought, don't. The queue right now, on the land's official opening day, snakes out of the area, past the Tree of Life, back toward the park entrance, then doubles back toward Discovery Island.

Cast member estimates on the waiting time have already ranged from three to six hours just to set foot on Pandora.

So how's FP availability throughout the park looking?

For a family of 4, your only options are Nemo, Bug, and Whirl. While I was searching a single Dinosaur at 9:45PM popped up.

EDIT: Same result for a party of 2, but with a few more sporadic single times showing up while you search.