Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heck, I won't go in a stand by line that says more than 30 minutes....These people must have the patience of Jobs, or something else is going on. :) :lol:....Edit: Just did a 4:30 line check for AK on Touring Plans....Stand By line times outside of Pandora have dropped like they normally do on a late Saturday afternoon;
Everest..............30 minutes
Dinosaur...........40 minutes
Bug....................15 minutes
Kali....................60 minutes
Kilamanjaro Safari.......30 minutes
Doesn't sound like a bad day to be at AK, if you don't stop at Pandora.

Last edited:
The tails are selling out...

Quick update - the number of people forms a queue back to Merchantile but there's no hold on entering the land.

And FP lines are reportedly only 10mins. So things are working the way they're supposed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
@epcyclopedia please don't double post. This is your second warning.

If you block or ban me you must remove all of my content. This is your only warning.

I provide a good majority of the viable content of your website.

Provide content of your own or back off.

Your moderation over reach is the cause of the majority of the hostility on this website.

Like anything, there's always the surge at opening, especially when it's something new from Disney. Remember the crowds for Trader Sams until the novelty wore off.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Joe Rohde addressed the "skepticism" of basing a land on Avatar (as well as the Guardians ToT redo).

Click here to see or read below, I've copied the text:

Today, on each coast, two projects opened to overwhelming crowds and very high praise. Both of these were the results of incredible teamwork by talented and devoted individuals, some of whom worked both projects!! I had the privilege of overseeing these, but make no mistake, the work was done by two extremely talented groups of master storytellers. It interests me that both projects were announced to considerable skepticism. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and skepticism is a crucial component of good creative work. But there is something I wanted to comment on. Much of this skepticism was directed at the idea that "nobody cared" about these subjects. This is a false lead. Subject is nothing to holler about. Treatment is how stories work. Do you want to hear a story about two girls in a boat, a spaceship, a lost dog, or a man struggling with his identity? How could anyone possibly know? What makes story great is how it is told, not what it is about. If humans only told stories about subjects that people were familiar with and never changed the subject, every story on earth would be about a successful mammoth hunt. We, who are storytellers, take our charge seriously. We open the dream-channels of human minds, so that people have the power to believe in something more than what they believed yesterday, more than they see with their eyes. And hopefully, they transfer that open belief in the yet-unseen to other enterprises, to science, medicine, architecture, and politics. We always need new stories, about what? No one can say. But if they are well told, moving, and inspiring, they will work like seeds in a garden to help us all grow.​

Heck, I won't go in a stand by line that says more than 30 minutes....These people must have the patience of Jobs, or something else is going on. :) :lol:....Edit: Just did a 4:30 line check for AK on Touring Plans....Stand By line times outside of Pandora have dropped like they normally do on a late Saturday afternoon;
Everest..............30 minutes
Dinosaur...........40 minutes
Bug....................15 minutes
Kali....................60 minutes
Kilamanjaro Safari.......30 minutes
Doesn't sound like a bad day to be at AK, if you don't stop at Pandora.
I spent the day at Epcot. Avoided Animal Kingdom by all costs.

Well, pictures have arrived online of this thing lit up tonight. It looks as plastic and hokey as I feared it would. For me, daytime would be the time to behold the wonders and well conceived vistas.