Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TEA 2016 Theme Park Index

Where are you getting these numbers? According to TEA UO is lagging even behind a half shuttered DHS park. What do you think is going to happen once SWL comes online? UO will never pass EPCOT if they can't get past it's two bottom feeders.

Well, if you want to question what he is saying, reliable Disney source said DCA had higher attendance than DHS and AK and those numbers for both should be lower so UO might have already surpassed them.

Well, if you want to question what he is saying, reliable Disney source said DCA had higher attendance than DHS and AK and those numbers for both should be lower so UO might have already surpassed them.

Again that's all hearsay on the streets - I'm looking at the black and white numbers in a published report. I think it's wishful thinking that UO will surpass any WDW parks let alone Epcot

No but instead of buying twice, twice or thrice as many people attend the park in general on festival days. 60k is a normal day during a festival for Epcot.

Festival of the Arts already has Epcot up for the year.
60k as a normal day during food an wine is not accurate. Maybe on a Saturday but that's it.

Again that's all hearsay on the streets - I'm looking at the black and white numbers in a published report. I think it's wishful thinking that UO will surpass any WDW parks let alone Epcot
There is no way DHS has anywhere close to the attendance that USF or IOA has. Universal has already passed Disney in that park and probably AK last year too. These numbers are way off.

On the last pages of the TEA report they say they don't get actual numbers from the parks and these are just their best guestimates based off of different factors in their algorithms that are WAY OFF.

It's very telling at the top of the report when they are ranking parks based on attendance. When you see parks with an asterisk symbol beside last years figures. If you look down below it says that asterisk means those numbers were adjusted and different from what they published last year. No doubt this is done to make their fuzzy math work in the new report.

Last edited:
Those numbers show DHS drawing 30K a day EVERY day of the year. Do you really think that is accurate??

Those numbers show DHS drawing 30K a day EVERY day of the year. Do you really think that is accurate??
I think that could be accurate if it's counted the right way. It's not a full day park so 15k in the morning and 15k in the afternoon.

The big difference is I think USF is sustaining higher overall attendance throughout the day. Going forward the key for Universal edging out some of the Disney parks is value. Disney is much cheaper per day due to the number of parks. Now with Universal adding VB and a new theme park in the future this will put them on a little more even footing to bring their prices down to Disney's level.

I think that could be accurate if it's counted the right way. It's not a full day park so 15k in the morning and 15k in the afternoon.

The big difference is I think USF is sustaining higher overall attendance throughout the day. Going forward the key for Universal edging out some of the Disney parks is value. Disney is much cheaper per day due to the number of parks. Now with Universal adding VB and a new theme park in the future this will put them on a little more even footing to bring their prices down to Disney's level.
Supposedly TEA is counting "first clicks" But hopping would be accounted for without adding to the total which adds to the supense of belief in the numbers. I would not spend too much time crowing about what park did what based on these numbers. Happens every time they come out.

Supposedly TEA is counting "first clicks" But hopping would be accounted for without adding to the total which adds to the supense of belief in the numbers. I would not spend too much time crowing about what park did what based on these numbers. Happens every time they come out.
Yeah I've always heard the first click thing. I wonder how many people at Disney are spending true half days though. Locals going over for SW fireworks as well as vacationers pairing the evening at the park with a day at Disney Springs.

Yeah I've always heard the first click thing. I wonder how many people at Disney are spending true half days though. Locals going over for SW fireworks as well as vacationers pairing the evening at the park with a day at Disney Springs.
The numbers are made up, it is not WDW handing them the daily counts and when they post 30K for a mostly closed park they really put their methods in jeopardy. If they were correct then the 10Ks for TWDC would be showing very different numbers and they don't so I would be very leery of taking any of TEA's numbers with a huge grain of salt.

The numbers are made up, it is not WDW handing them the daily counts and when they post 30K for a mostly closed park they really put their methods in jeopardy. If they were correct then the 10Ks for TWDC would be showing very different numbers and they don't so I would be very leery of taking any of TEA's numbers with a huge grain of salt.
Yeah it's definitely off. I have to admit though that park is extremely packed. I was just there today actually. I think it feels crowded because there's large numbers of people cycling through the park to spend 2-4 hours and just do a couple of things. So I think even if it is averaging 30k per day that really doesn't mean much.

Yeah it's definitely off. I have to admit though that park is extremely packed. I was just there today actually. I think it feels crowded because there's large numbers of people cycling through the park to spend 2-4 hours and just do a couple of things. So I think even if it is averaging 30k per day that really doesn't mean much.
Plus they're in a really small space. There's probably more backstage park than public access areas. What people are there are crowded in a tiny footprint, making just about any attendance seem like it's crowded. Another point is if they're doing first click, I would guess that's even less of a chance DHS gets that TEA attendance since the night shows attract people more than anything else. For sure many, if not most of those Fantasmic & Star Wars show people were in another Disney park earlier in the day....And the really small parking lot also works against large crowds, unless you bus them in from Epcot, like they did with the Villains Nights.

What is the total daily ride capacity of DHS?

All numbers are high end per hour capacity if they are running at 100% efficiency which rarely happens

Attractions
RNRC 1800 per hour
ToT 2000 per hour
TSMM +3rd track 2050 per hour
Star Tours 1800 per hour
GMR 2400 per hour

Shows (daily capacity avg)
Disney Junior 1500 daily
Fantasmic 10000 daily
Indy 10000 daily
Muppets ~20000 daily
B&TB 7500 daily

All numbers are high end per hour capacity if they are running at 100% efficiency which rarely happens

Attractions
RNRC 1800 per hour
ToT 2000 per hour
TSMM +3rd track 2050 per hour
Star Tours 1800 per hour
GMR 2400 per hour

Shows (daily capacity avg)
Disney Junior 1500 daily
Fantasmic 10000 daily
Indy 10000 daily
Muppets ~20000 daily
B&TB 7500 daily

So in an average 12 hour park day the rare 100% efficiency capacity for rides would be 120,000. That means your average guest is only going to get to ride 4 rides if they are getting 30,000 guests daily. At 80% capacity you are looking at only riding three rides.

Does that sound like what really happens in that park to you?

So in an average 12 hour park day the rare 100% efficiency capacity for rides would be 120,000. That means your average guest is only going to get to ride 4 rides if they are getting 30,000 guests daily. At 80% capacity you are looking at only riding three rides.

Does that sound like what really happens in that park to you?
I'm not trying to refute anything as I agree with your overall point about numbers, but you say *only* 3 or 4 rides... the park only has 5.