1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

TEA 2016 Theme Park Index

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AlexanderMBush, Jun 1, 2017.

1. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

Well, if you want to question what he is saying, reliable Disney source said DCA had higher attendance than DHS and AK and those numbers for both should be lower so UO might have already surpassed them.

Mad Dog likes this.
  2. Latveria

Latveria Member

Again that's all hearsay on the streets - I'm looking at the black and white numbers in a published report. I think it's wishful thinking that UO will surpass any WDW parks let alone Epcot

3. darkridelover

darkridelover Veteran Member

60k as a normal day during food an wine is not accurate. Maybe on a Saturday but that's it.

4. darkridelover

darkridelover Veteran Member

There is no way DHS has anywhere close to the attendance that USF or IOA has. Universal has already passed Disney in that park and probably AK last year too. These numbers are way off.

On the last pages of the TEA report they say they don't get actual numbers from the parks and these are just their best guestimates based off of different factors in their algorithms that are WAY OFF.

It's very telling at the top of the report when they are ranking parks based on attendance. When you see parks with an asterisk symbol beside last years figures. If you look down below it says that asterisk means those numbers were adjusted and different from what they published last year. No doubt this is done to make their fuzzy math work in the new report.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Mad Dog likes this.
  5. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Those numbers show DHS drawing 30K a day EVERY day of the year. Do you really think that is accurate??

Mad Dog likes this.
  6. epcyclopedia

epcyclopedia BANNED

And AK.

AK might be doing that since Pandora opened but certainly was not prior.

Mad Dog and JoeCamel like this.
  7. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

I think that could be accurate if it's counted the right way. It's not a full day park so 15k in the morning and 15k in the afternoon.

The big difference is I think USF is sustaining higher overall attendance throughout the day. Going forward the key for Universal edging out some of the Disney parks is value. Disney is much cheaper per day due to the number of parks. Now with Universal adding VB and a new theme park in the future this will put them on a little more even footing to bring their prices down to Disney's level.

8. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Supposedly TEA is counting "first clicks" But hopping would be accounted for without adding to the total which adds to the supense of belief in the numbers. I would not spend too much time crowing about what park did what based on these numbers. Happens every time they come out.

s8film40 likes this.
  9. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

Yeah I've always heard the first click thing. I wonder how many people at Disney are spending true half days though. Locals going over for SW fireworks as well as vacationers pairing the evening at the park with a day at Disney Springs.

10. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

The numbers are made up, it is not WDW handing them the daily counts and when they post 30K for a mostly closed park they really put their methods in jeopardy. If they were correct then the 10Ks for TWDC would be showing very different numbers and they don't so I would be very leery of taking any of TEA's numbers with a huge grain of salt.

Mad Dog likes this.
  11. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

Yeah it's definitely off. I have to admit though that park is extremely packed. I was just there today actually. I think it feels crowded because there's large numbers of people cycling through the park to spend 2-4 hours and just do a couple of things. So I think even if it is averaging 30k per day that really doesn't mean much.

JoeCamel likes this.
  12. Latveria

Latveria Member

DHS feels considerably busier than IOA or USF on any given weekend so I'll believe 30k a day

13. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Ok

14. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

I can agree that it "feels" very busy. In fact I would say it might even feel like the busiest and smallest park in all of Central FL

Latveria likes this.
  15. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Plus they're in a really small space. There's probably more backstage park than public access areas. What people are there are crowded in a tiny footprint, making just about any attendance seem like it's crowded. Another point is if they're doing first click, I would guess that's even less of a chance DHS gets that TEA attendance since the night shows attract people more than anything else. For sure many, if not most of those Fantasmic & Star Wars show people were in another Disney park earlier in the day....And the really small parking lot also works against large crowds, unless you bus them in from Epcot, like they did with the Villains Nights.

16. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I agree it feels busier, but that's because the total on-stage area in the park is absolutely tiny.

JoeCamel and Mad Dog like this.
  17. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

What is the total daily ride capacity of DHS?

18. Latveria

Latveria Member

All numbers are high end per hour capacity if they are running at 100% efficiency which rarely happens

Attractions
    RNRC 1800 per hour
    ToT 2000 per hour
    TSMM +3rd track 2050 per hour
    Star Tours 1800 per hour
    GMR 2400 per hour

Shows (daily capacity avg)
    Disney Junior 1500 daily
    Fantasmic 10000 daily
    Indy 10000 daily
    Muppets ~20000 daily
    B&TB 7500 daily

19. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

So in an average 12 hour park day the rare 100% efficiency capacity for rides would be 120,000. That means your average guest is only going to get to ride 4 rides if they are getting 30,000 guests daily. At 80% capacity you are looking at only riding three rides.

Does that sound like what really happens in that park to you?

JoeCamel likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I'm not trying to refute anything as I agree with your overall point about numbers, but you say *only* 3 or 4 rides... the park only has 5.