Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of the things I've learned from my extensive time in Orlando--it's not just HHN performers (tho no shock they suffer from this too). Every performer in Orlando seems to have stalkers--even the freakin' orcas at Sea World. Friend of mine was an Adventurers Club actor, told me he didn't know a single actress there who hadn't had to trespass at least one guest for being stalker-ish. A couple of the male actors, too.

I hope the actresses bring this to their manager's attention, and I hope the management does something about it. Just too easy for creepy behavior to creep into something criminal, even tragic.

What fascinates me is this is shockingly uncommon from what I've seen working Horror Nights in Hollywood. American Horror Story had a number of prominent female characters - our Countesses, in particular - which would seem like major targets... but nada. There were certainly isolated incidents in the streets, but never heard about any stalker-like behavior. And this is in the land of paparazzi... perhaps there are bigger fish to fry in LA, whereas Orlando is stuck with its "local celebrities?"

What fascinates me is this is shockingly uncommon from what I've seen working Horror Nights in Hollywood. American Horror Story had a number of prominent female characters - our Countesses, in particular - which would seem like major targets... but nada. There were certainly isolated incidents in the streets, but never heard about any stalker-like behavior. And this is in the land of paparazzi... perhaps there are bigger fish to fry in LA, whereas Orlando is stuck with its "local celebrities?"

Or we just have creepier people. I know I felt kinda weird just trying to get a few pictures of the scare zone Chance. I felt sorry for the woman on her little stage and didn't stick around very long.

Or we just have creepier people. I know I felt kinda weird just trying to get a few pictures of the scare zone Chance. I felt sorry for the woman on her little stage and didn't stick around very long.

While I love the state I live in, some people here are bat-poop crazy.

Last edited:
I think a lot of it has to do with the perception of accessibility in Orlando. It's not like Hollywood where everyone is rather jaded and understanding that performers do a job and there is a disconnect between performer and person. On the west coast, when people interact with performers it's all with ingrained understanding that they're performing.

In Orlando that schism is much muddier because it's a tourist town, not a performance town. The success of the performer boils down to their ability to engage the audience in a way that FEELS personal and genuine. When Princess Aurora waves, she's waving AT me because she SEES me. It's not a performance. It's real. It's the "magic" of the Orlando parks (including Universal). For a lot of the more obsessive locals, I think, that sensation breaks them and they lose track of the idea that there are boundaries.

I saw a compelling post on Facebook regarding the woman who plays Chance. She's had hundreds of roles across the southeast. Television, stage, etc. But she will forever be tied to playing a scary clown at a theme park. And most of the people who know her name will only EVER see her as that while refusing to acknowledge anything else she's done. And really, as an amateur performer, I think that has to be a fairly melancholy feeling.

Edited to correct typos.

Last edited:
I think a lot of it has to do with the perception of accessibility in Orlando. It's not like Hollywood where everyone is rather jaded and understanding that performers do a job and there is a disconnect between performer and person. On the west coast, when people interact with performers it's all with ingrained understanding that they're performing.

In Orlando that schism is much muddier because it's a tourist town, not a performance down. The success of the performer boils to their ability to engage the audience in a way that FEELS personal and genuine. When Princess Aurora waves, she's waving AT me because she SEES me. It's not a performance. It's real. It's the "magic" of the Orlando parks (including Universal). For a lot of the more obsessive locals, I think, that sensation breaks them and they lose track of the idea that there are boundaries.

I saw a compelling post on Facebook regarding the woman who plays Chance. She's had hundreds of roles across the southeast. Television, stage, etc. But she will forever be tied to playing a scary clown at a theme park. And most of the people who know her name will only EVER see her as that while refusing to acknowledge anything else she's done. And really, as an amateur performer, I think that has to be a fairly melancholy feeling.

Interesting and seemingly very true.

Well, the best example of a father figure shows on how their children can overcome them.

As per IU twitter has pointed out, it seems that the fonts for the taglines are similar to 12 when Caretaker was at the event.

I am curious to see what will happen by the end of the day, or by tomorrow even. Either way, we are getting the Icon announcement at IPW.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well, the best example of a father figure shows on how their children can overcome them.

As per IU twitter has pointed out, it seems that the fonts for the taglines are similar to 12 when Caretaker was at the event.

I am curious to see what will happen by the end of the day, or by tomorrow even. Either way, we are getting the Icon announcement at IPW.

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA What? :lol:

Font?

Quote. The quotes are similar.

Reactions: Joel
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA What? :lol:

Font?

Quote. The quotes are similar.

...oh.

Now I feel like a complete idiot.

Either way, I find it interesting of "All our times" instead of just, as per 12; "your time". Perhaps we see multiple icons in the event, that didn't get proper treatment in years past?

Express prices:

$80: September 15; October 4, 30; November 3, 4
$90: September 17, 21, 24; October 5, 18, 31
$100: September 16, 22; October 11, 12, 25
$110: September 23, 29; October 1, 6, 19, 26, 27, 29
$120: September 30: October 13, 15, 28
$130: October 7, 20, 22
$140: October 14, 21

Here's the "problem" with that. It's not so much a problem but a refutation. And again, I'm not speaking with any confirmed knowledge of an icon or no icon. I stand by my gut, though the tagline is interesting.

Last year, they announced Chance with the site update. The year before that, they announced Jack with the site update. Recent precedent is that Marketing won't do a slow build to an icon reveal because... why? The icon isn't what gets people into the event anymore. So they just do it with the site update. The only other updates they do is with house/zone announcements.

The taglines are similar, but Universal has reused taglines several times before. And they've used the same font for almost 15 years. In fact, 2012 was basically when they changed the overall aesthetic of marketing the event. It's interesting. And again, I think it's pretty and far more compelling than the last couple years. But I think it's still a reach to say "Half-life 3. Confirmed."

Reactions: Madara_Uchiha
Here's the "problem" with that. It's not so much a problem but a refutation. And again, I'm not speaking with any confirmed knowledge of an icon or no icon. I stand by my gut, though the tagline is interesting.

Last year, they announced Chance with the site update. The year before that, they announced Jack with the site update. Recent precedent is that Marketing won't do a slow build to an icon reveal because... why? The icon isn't what gets people into the event anymore. So they just do it with the site update. The only other updates they do is with house/zone announcements.

The taglines are similar, but Universal has reused taglines several times before. And they've used the same font for almost 15 years. In fact, 2012 was basically when they changed the overall aesthetic of marketing the event. It's interesting. And again, I think it's pretty and far more compelling than the last couple years. But I think it's still a reach to say "Half-life 3. Confirmed."

My rebuttal:

The imagery attached to the website (previously mentioned skull in water) seems to be a bit too specific to be just "generic horror stuff". Combine that with the "soon" inclusion, and it definitely looks as if they're leading up to something.

I will also argue that the Chance reveal did have a lead up. They released short videos of close-ups before the full reveal the following day. BTW...that was a Wednesday evening with a Thursday reveal.

Not saying anything for sure. Just some thoughts.