Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay, I'm going to clarify some of what I know as explicitly as I can without naming names. I'm not going to do a list of houses because, unless I'm being lied to, it's not rumor for me. I have enough info and details on most of them to where almost everything I know is "confirmed."

First, as it stands, only one house may be changing from what Universal had planned in January. Nothing has changed because of release dates. If (big IF) a change happens, it'll be minimal like Scream into Purge. Characters will change. Some scenic treatments within the house may change. But nothing is becoming a whole new house. That's not how Universal works. And while I have a couple ideas of what it can turn into, I don't know what they're going to do yet. That's the one house detail I don't know.

Second, prior to the "leak" about what icon was coming, none of my sources had told me an icon. None. And I asked. Now, after an icon was listed, it's all I hear about. But because there's so much noise around it that started after it was "leaked" I can't tell what's echo chamber and what isn't. I can say, none of the originals I'm tracking match up with the rumored icon. My gut says there isn't an icon at all this year, but my gut's been wrong before.

I know nothing about the Streets yet, aside from they're getting built. And where they'll be located, but no surprises there.

Hot damn, ya'll are in for a treat on the new original houses.

Stuff can still happen. I can still be way off, and maybe my vagaries are where so much of this confusion is coming from. But I'm still seeing so much declarative stuff out there and it's just June.

Keep speculating. The only thing that should stop discussion is the official announcement.

Last edited:
Alright then.

AHS
Shining
Purged
Returning
Exclusivity
Misnomer
Crossover
Bloody
Plain

EDIT- And I may be wrong on Checkmate being Shining. I have no idea on code names anymore...
Well... I wanted to bring this back up considering the hints both you and "The Ifrit" have given us

Purged = Conjuring Replacement/ Possibly Blumhouse Mashup
Returning = ???
Exclusivity = ???
Misnomer = Ash Vs Evil Dead (False Name for using only The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2)
Crossover = Gothic and Catacombs Crossover
Bloody = Bayou of Blood
Plain = Scarecrow Maze

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne
Okay, I'm going to clarify some of what I know as explicitly as I can without naming names. I'm not going to do a list of houses because, unless I'm being lied to, it's not rumor for me. I have enough info and details on most of them to where almost everything I know is "confirmed."

First, as it stands, only one house may be changing from what Universal had planned in January. Nothing has changed because of release dates. If (big IF) a change happens, it'll be minimal like Scream into Purge. Characters will change. Some scenic treatments within the house may change. But nothing is becoming a whole new house. That's not how Universal works. And while I have a couple ideas of what it can turn into, I don't know what they're going to do yet. That's the one house detail I don't know.

Second, prior to the "leak" about what icon was coming, none of my sources had told me an icon. None. And I asked. Now, after an icon was listed, it's all I hear about. But because there's so much noise around it that started after it was "leaked" I can't tell what's echo chamber and what isn't. I can say, none of the originals I'm tracking match up with the rumored icon. My gut says there isn't an icon at all this year, but my gut's been wrong before.

I know nothing about the Streets yet, aside from they're getting built. And where they'll be located, but no surprises there.

Hot damn, ya'll are in for a treat on the new original houses.

Stuff can still happen. I can still be way off, and maybe my vagaries are where so much of this confusion is coming from. But I'm still seeing so much declarative stuff out there and it's just June.

Keep speculating. The only thing that should stop discussion is the official announcement.

Awesome, thank you and great post! 10/10.

Reactions: Joel
I don't know if this had preset bee mentioned as I don't keep up with this thread, but Shrek theater 2 is closed for the year, and house construction has begun.

Reactions: Joel
@Legacy are you able to tell us if the locations are all the same as last year? Obviously we know the two permanent tents, MIB tent, shrek, parade building x 1 (the second permit was retracted), and 4 sound stages?

@Legacy are you able to tell us if the locations are all the same as last year? Obviously we know the two permanent tents, MIB tent, shrek, parade building x 1 (the second permit was retracted), and 4 sound stages?
Without remembering where AHS was last year, I think that's the only location that's different. Everywhere else is par for the course.
And yet...still only two announcements.
That's fairly normal though. Last year had the earliest announcement schedule in history. But that's to get vacation packages sold. AHS and The Shining will be what draws people. Everything else is candy. With Volcano Bay getting the big marketing push right now, the can't/won't market both.

We'll likely get our next two IPs before the end of June.

Without remembering where AHS was last year, I think that's the only location that's different. Everywhere else is par for the course.

That's fairly normal though. Last year had the earliest announcement schedule in history. But that's to get vacation packages sold. AHS and The Shining will be what draws people. Everything else is candy. With Volcano Bay getting the big marketing push right now, the can't/won't market both.

We'll likely get our next two IPs before the end of June.
AHS was in SS19.

That first one is in reference to some wack-o on HNN that saw a license plate that started with "HHN", and thought it was a clue that TWD was coming back.

Reactions: RevFreako