Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It seems like the entrance through the warp pipe shown in the new video is somewhere behind the side of the pink castle that does not have windows on the upper cylinders. I think the pink castle has one side with windows on the upper cylinders. These windows can be seen in the new video. So possibly each staggered upper cylinder of the tower at the middle of the pink castle might only have one window each. From where the opening of the warp pipe will be as shown in the new video, I think you will be able to see the side of the upper cylinders that are like 180 degrees around away from the windows.

I think there is good reason because of this to think that the green warp pipe shown at the beginning of the new video leads to the pink castle and people will be able to walk through the castle somehow and end up in that area with a large mushroom 'drawn' on the ground.

I also find it interesting that there now seems to be something that looks like a large warp pipe in the new video in the general area that seems to be where there was an area to walk under a tall bridge in prior released concept art. Maybe the bridge area now will look more like a wall than a bridge, if the park looks more like the new video than the older concept art.

This wall area could be a place where stage shows could occur with doors built into the wall that characters could walk into and out of. This could even occur on top of buildings constructed right up against the wall if such things were made. This would allow stage shows to be elevated off the ground. Really it looks there might be several elevated flat places throughout the whole Mario Nintendo area where stage shows could occur. Although, some of these flat places in the whole area might be parts of ride buildings. A lot of these large flat areas could be easily used for projection shows at night like having Mario and other characters doing things on buildings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
I also find it interesting that there now seems to be something that looks like a large warp pipe in the new video in the general area that seems to be where there was an area to walk under a tall bridge in prior released concept art. Maybe the bridge area now will look more like a wall than a bridge, if the park looks more like the new video than the older concept art.

I think that green pipe in the lower area is the entrance to the land. I think the bridge area is being obscured and not focused on because in other versions of SNW that's where the Donkey Kong area and ride will be, and it's probably best not to focus on something that won't be in the Osaka park(at least initially anyway).

Of course who really knows...

I think that green pipe in the lower area is the entrance to the land. I think the bridge area is being obscured and not focused on because in other versions of SNW that's where the Donkey Kong area and ride will be, and it's probably best not to focus on something that won't be in the Osaka park(at least initially anyway).

Of course who really knows...

I don't think the perspective shown at the beginning of the new video makes much sense if that is the case, unless the entrance of the pipe shown at the beginning of the video is quite far from that exit of the pipe and is where you are talking about or what is shown around the green pipe shown at the beginning of the new video is quite different from what it will look like in real life.

If the area around the green pipe shown at the beginning of the video is very similar to what it will look like in real life and the exit of the pipe isn't very far away from the entrance, then the exit can't be down near where that 'bridge area' is that I mentioned previously. Otherwise you would be able to see stuff higher up in the air like part of the bridge and maybe colored blocks behind the entrance to the pipe at the beginning of the video.

I don't think the perspective shown at the beginning of the new video makes much sense if that is the case, unless the entrance of the pipe shown at the beginning of the video is quite far from that exit of the pipe and is where you are talking about or what is shown around the green pipe shown at the beginning of the new video is quite different from what it will look like in real life.

If the area around the green pipe shown at the beginning of the video is very similar to what it will look like in real life and the exit of the pipe isn't very far away from the entrance, then the exit can't be down near where that 'bridge area' is that I mentioned previously. Otherwise you would be able to see stuff higher up in the air like part of the bridge and maybe colored blocks behind the entrance to the pipe at the beginning of the video.

Yeah, that is sorta what I meant. I can definitely see the area you point out being the entrance though. To me it just isn't super clear right now.

61GHQCLnstL._SY355_.jpg

Reactions: Frank Drackman
I'd die if anything Crash was ever built in the parks

I really have no idea how they can build the Mario Kart ride practically as people have stated...I hope it's not just going to be video tunnels and that's it
I find it amusing how Crash was owned by Universal and advertised in a way that trashed Nintendo, but look at how things are now.

I had a thought upon reviewing some of this media coverage and such...

Is Nintendo actually as strong for a theme park as Potter? Or Star Wars?

They haven't shown much, but it's.. umm.. cute? The plastic look of it though doesn't give much way to any sort of mystique or surprises. And it'll probably weather incredibly poorly. Like, we all thought Seuss could be charming.. and it is.. but it's a maintenance nightmare, usually looks like it's actively exfoliating itself as paint peels off, and all the rides are just kind of "eh" (a step above meh) and the scenic vistas they created dont get much attention.

I fear Nintendo might be heading down the same path.

They haven't shown much, but it's.. umm.. cute? The plastic look of it though doesn't give much way to any sort of mystique or surprises. And it'll probably weather incredibly poorly. Like, we all thought Seuss could be charming.. and it is.. but it's a maintenance nightmare, usually looks like it's actively exfoliating itself as paint peels off, and all the rides are just kind of "eh" (a step above meh) and the scenic vistas they created dont get much attention.

Definitely. The possibilities are endless for Nintendo. I think it could be just as strong as Potter

Hollywood (sound stages and Mummy) - 7.5 Acres
Orlando (Kid Zone) - 7.1 Acres
Japan (Parking Lot) 5.8 Acres

If Hollywood is supposed to have the same amount of space to work with as Orlando (or just slightly more as it seems) why would USH get one less ride than UOR? Seems like wasted space.

Hollywood (sound stages and Mummy) - 7.5 Acres
Orlando (Kid Zone) - 7.1 Acres
Japan (Parking Lot) 5.8 Acres
If Hollywood is supposed to have the same amount of space to work with as Orlando (or just slightly more as it seems) why would USH get one less ride than UOR? Seems like wasted space.
Orlando is rumored to have the largest SNW.

Is anyone else having trouble with the posting functions???

Lol The Video game market pulls in more money than movies and it is still growing by a mile. Nintendo is also 127 years old and has been making video games for 37 years. They also have worldwide appeal just like those other brands. Seuss is nothing compared to this. This will be the headliner at Universal and well maintained.

Lol The Video game market pulls in more money than movies and it is still growing by a mile. Nintendo is also 127 years old and has been making video games for 37 years. They also have worldwide appeal just like those other brands. Seuss is nothing compared to this. This will be the headliner at Universal and well maintained.

Uh huh...

I think you're missing the point. The facades can't look weathered, they don't have natural foliage, and from a storytelling standpoint the mythology generally lacks any depth at all.

They make good video games, but as has been debated here endlessly - people don't go to theme parks for video games. They go for attractions.

Will Nintendo make good attractions?