Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It could be a good addition to the new land, but I hope the interactive technology used in the land itself can later be integrated into future portable gaming consoles from Nintendo. That way they can carry over beyond the Switch.

Like I said, it'll probably just be RFID based like Amiibo support, which has been on 3DS, Wii U, and Switch

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
It could be a good addition to the new land, but I hope the interactive technology used in the land itself can later be integrated into future portable gaming consoles from Nintendo. That way they can carry over beyond the Switch.
With how it's selling I'm sure the next one will simply be "Switch 2."

Like I said, it'll probably just be RFID based like Amiibo support, which has been on 3DS, Wii U, and Switch
And maybe when it comes to the US they can sell an interactive thingy (wand-type item) that can be used in the land for those of us that wanna play without buying a Switch. Maybe the Switch can not only interact with experiences in the land, but also receive bonuses for certain games on your console. And the thingy you buy in the land just interacts. Thinking out loud.

Reactions: anihilnation
Switch integration makes sense. The system should be more affordable by 2020, and it could position itself as the interactive wand of the land. So not necessary to experience the land, but a nice little value add for hardcore fans. Amiibo support and in-game items sound about right.

I wonder if they'll sell Switches in the land. Offering a portable game console in an environment where a lot of time is spent standing in line is, uh...kinda smart? I guess?

DS support would be neat, too, but we have no idea what's in the pipeline for Nintendo portables by 2020/21

I believe USH is still set to debut alongside Florida, and there will be two attractions, 1 less. I think USF will be the only one to have the Donkey Kong coaster?

I bet Universal is hesistant to announce officially for Florida and California too soon, lest risk another Potter situation. This is a big damn gap in the construction timelines, more than they're used to at the moment.

Switch integration makes sense. The system should be more affordable by 2020, and it could position itself as the interactive wand of the land. So not necessary to experience the land, but a nice little value add for hardcore fans. Amiibo support and in-game items sound about right.

I wonder if they'll sell Switches in the land. Offering a portable game console in an environment where a lot of time is spent standing in line is, uh...kinda smart? I guess?
I'd think CityWalk would me more appropriate. The stores in the land shouldn't be video game stores.

I'd think CityWalk would me more appropriate. The stores in the land shouldn't be video game stores.

Buying little Jimmy a Switch with Mario Kart after enjoying the attraction so he'll stop complaining about waiting in line is a scenario that I could maybe see coming up. Just something to think about.

Reactions: Joel
Buying little Jimmy a Switch with Mario Kart after enjoying the attraction so he'll stop complaining about waiting in line is a scenario that I could maybe see coming up. Just something to think about.
Maybe. I still don't think that should be done though.

My ideal Switch connectivity would be something along the lines of "getting a free, exclusive Switch home menu theme if you bring your Switch to SNW." Nothing substantial locked behind going to a theme park, but something really cool nonetheless.

But Potter makes the big money in the expensive items. Whole recreation dresses and robes and such. Those aren't just nice displays - people buy them.

Aside from their actual systems, Nintendo merch doesn't have many items in that price point aside from the odd piece of jewelry.

You've never fancied yourself wearing official Mario red denim overalls?

You've never fancied yourself wearing official Mario red denim overalls?

EXCUSE ME THE LACK OF MARIO KNOWLEDGE THE PAST 24 HOURS HAS BEEN APPALING.

mario03.png

❤️