Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why not exclusive Universal themed items like DeLorean parts for Mario Kart 8?
That's what I'm hoping for. Especially exclusive levels. Imagine levels where you get to race through the parks, or the backlot in Hollywood, or Hill Valley, Amity Island, Jurassic Park, Gru's villain lair, Skull Island, or a Fast and the Furious level, or a Race Through New York level... the possibilities are endless. There's so much they could do they could even sell a whole park-exclusive Universal edition of Mario Kart. And that's just ignoring whatever licensing agreements they might have in place for the Marvel, Transformers, Men in Black, Harry Potter, etc. Depending on the contracts they have with those studios that could open up even more possibilities.

The Princess Peach Castle area is totally designed with shows in mind on the top layer. All that open space in front of the castle facade plus the fact that the castle itself is so closed off yet has three large doors(never had that many in the games)... yeah, that's totally gonna be staging for the Super Mario Show Spectacular ya'll.

Oh, and the bottom level is totes gonna house a patisserie themed restaurant. I mean that gal is known for her cakes after all...

2ptpafb.gif

That's what I'm hoping for. Especially exclusive levels. Imagine levels where you get to race through the parks, or the backlot in Hollywood, or Hill Valley, Amity Island, Jurassic Park, Gru's villain lair, Skull Island, or a Fast and the Furious level, or a Race Through New York level... the possibilities are endless. There's so much they could do they could even sell a whole park-exclusive Universal edition of Mario Kart. And that's just ignoring whatever licensing agreements they might have in place for the Marvel, Transformers, Men in Black, Harry Potter, etc. Depending on the contracts they have with those studios that could open up even more possibilities.
At that point it should be normal paid DLC on the eShop but you can get it free if you're at the park.

Sorry for being naive, but I'm not too familiar with Universal's relationship to the Osaka park. It is like Disneys where the OLC (in Uni's case some other company) owns part/most of the park? Is exclusivity a thing here?

Can this open tomorrow? If we're talking 2020-2021....I'm gonna be 30 years old! Ugh. Don't even want to think about that. I'll be 30 but I'm gonna be all in on this. Nintendo was a big part of my childhood and has always been my preference as far as video games go.

Sorry for being naive, but I'm not too familiar with Universal's relationship to the Osaka park. It is like Disneys where the OLC (in Uni's case some other company) owns part/most of the park? Is exclusivity a thing here?
Comcast actually just recently came into full ownership of the park. I don't know the whole history, but a year or two ago Comcast bought controlling interest, and then I think it was just within the past few months they bought the remaining amount out.

The Princess Peach Castle area is totally designed with shows in mind on the top layer. All that open space in front of the castle facade plus the fact that the castle itself is so closed off yet has three large doors(never had that many in the games)... yeah, that's totally gonna be staging for the Super Mario Show Spectacular ya'll.

Oh, and the bottom level is totes gonna house a patisserie themed restaurant. I mean that gal is known for her cakes after all...

2ptpafb.gif

J.L Bonnier (CEO of USJ) said there will be shows during the press Q & A.

Last edited:
J.L Bonnier (CEO of USJ) said there will be shows during the press Q & A.

Sweet!

Rides and Eats are always great but I do love a good show, and I feel like Uni could definitely use more. Can't wait to see what they come up with here, there is just sooooo much content to pull from.