Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This stuff was leaked by Gary Snyder (Same person that did the blunder article about Bob Iger and Shanghai that Spirit went on endlessly about). He also happens to be in the Redstone family (that owns Viacom/CBS) So it's just a weird odd source. (Behind the thrills mentioned Coasterfusion, who wasn't the original source)

It's interesting watching the UOAP Facebook page when it gets posted and pulled over and over (and one mentally unstable guy who really loves Woody Woodpecker keeps screaming at everyone that KidZone isn't going anywhere). The folks here seem to have it right.

I'm just curious if they do shut down kidzone, that leaves the studios with literally nothing for toddlers until the land is finished, they going to set up a temporary playground in central park or something in the interim? 0 stuff for the youngest is a quick way to get guest complaints.

This guy? :look:

IMG_9061.png

Reactions: Joel
Way to stir the pot instigator :box::lol:

You know, usually I wouldn't waste my time but this same guy has been saying this for months and he always seemed to reply to me and he was getting to the point where it was just plain insulting.

To get this back on topic:

When construction starts, will Hard Rock have a good overview of the land? I've had a look on Google Earth but it's hardly accurate and it's that dated that any trees just planted when it was generated would be fully grown by now.
hard rock view.jpg

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
The road behind Hard rock goes right up to the fence, including a gate they added when they were demoing the old hard rock cafe, it would be a good photo spot for the Mario Kart area (Parade building).

It's good to see I'm not the only one fighting the good fight on the UOAP group. Some people are delusional there. Thinking it's starting in like 2023 and weird things.

Also that crazy guy blocked me a while ago due to saying Kid Zone was closing.

Can't toddlers go on that Simpsons spinner pus thing? But you are correct, they will need to install a temporary carousel and maybe one of those small gauge railroad for kids to ride on.
If Epcot can set up two playgrounds every year for the Flower and Garden fest just to take them down again, I think something could be set up in Central Park or somewhere.

Reactions: Joel
Hmm, then could it be possiblethat one of the things there could close by November?

Curious George Goes to Town is furthest back and could easily be isolated off, and most of it is the wet area (Ball factory nonwithstanding), that (and possibly nuthouse coaster) could probably go first.

Especially if Curious George is basically ground zero for Mario Kart, and Mario Kart will likely need a lot of practical testing, so having this go up first seems likely.

Curious George has the small playground in the circus tent thing (well two tiny slides), but the major playgrounds are still Fivel and the indoor Barney one for toddlers.

The kidzone situation makes me think anything starting will be after Christmas, not right after HHN.

If they shut those off, they NEED a playground somewhere just to send the little ones to.

Last edited: