Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No. Staggered as "Closing" as when necessary to avoid cutting into the park's lineup and capacity. No impact on opening.

If they close Curious George and demo the parade building and the offices where the old Hard Rock was they can get to work on DK and MK. The shops and such should take less time, so they can demo Fievel and Animal Actors later.

Question is when they get rid of Barney to start Yoshi

I'm always late to the party...I'm having a hard time understanding how an immersive ride can be interactive at the same time. Has it been confirmed that MK will be truly interactive and not like mission space? I was under the impression that conveniently our cars wont get bombs, bananas, shells(things that need to be triggered), but instead stars, mushrooms etc. So many questions right now

So what would be replacing E.T.?
Nothing. The fact they could cram 7 attractions and a plethora of interactive and play areas in that space without sacrificing ET made me giddy. Rework ETs entrance, use that expansion plot, and go to town. They'll need ET with the 20% jump in Attendance.

As long as they use that same amount of space and the different levels, I'll be more than happy with whatever IPs they pick. If they cut the expansion pad and don't do levels- essentially cutting the land in half, I'll be a little bummed.

If Zelda becomes yoshi, that's fine. But technically, couldn't Kirby become yoshi also? I mean, there's all those different colored yoshi looking things, right? There's your carousel that was at Kirby. And a water area.

What's another major Mario universe character they could squeeze in there? With Zelda and Kirby both gone, that leaves yoshi and... ?

Oddly enough, the thing that hasn't really been discussed much is that DK ride. Holy crap- to see the concept art of the jumping/second track is ridiculous. I'm guessing, based on the size, it won't be an intense ride, and likely have a small height requirement- but the uniqueness of that effect will really make it fun. Clearly not a "thrill" on the level of hulk/DC, or even Gringotts- but certainly something fun to do with the family. I can already see myself saying "WHOA" and looking at my kids reactions for the "jumps"

Reactions: belloq87
The original plans were fantastic but looking at it now, it was kinda unrealistic especially with one restuarant so I guess my excitement is back up. So with the amount of space left due to the attractions that were on the plan that are now not. are the plans for Yoshi, Mario, and DK now larger in size and scope? Especially if there are no flat rides anymore?

Last edited:
The flats would help a tremendous amount. USF desperately needs some flat attraction beyond Kang and Kodos (which isn't all the appealing to toddlers).

UOR has been making a pretty strong push into the family demo- so I don't necessarily see them neglecting them here.