Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ss-2017-06-14-at-12-34-16-pm-jpg.4698

Also, in that early concept art, I noticed the courtyard at the entrance to KidZone, between Allah Villas and the Animal show was used as the entrance pipe and Peach's Castle. That brings the land alllll the way out to Central Park, rerouting the pathway on to Springfield to the left a bit (and maybe forcing BttF train/car to move somewhere else, yet again.)

There's no way the "leaked" concept art ten pages back is legit.

Must not be to scale then. Seems strange going to the trouble of creating a layout that isn't to scale. I mean look at kirbys play area, it's no bigger than moes...

here's a more current sat image showing the new parade building, plus all the construction trailers, etc.

View attachment 4698

Hey @ConvolutedFrippery - why not stop posting fake images? I mean, The entire Fievel play area is no bigger than Moe's... :tongue:

Reactions: Joel
Now while plans have certainly changed, something to add to the whole "There's no room for all the attractions".

If there's something I've learned in the theme park industry, is that "There's no room" is often false. You have to be incredibly specific on how there is no room for it to ring true, though still, that can be proven wrong as well!

Theme parks and manufacturers can get pretty creative in shoehorning what they want into parks, just look at boardwalk parks like Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Morey's Piers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Gröna Lund etc. Time and time again one may think there's no room for new attractions, yet they find ways to put them in. Often times they're stacking rides on top of buildings/each other, or going underground.

Considering the plans for SNW is to be multi-level, I have no doubt they would've been able to squeeze in everything from the old plans since building up or down is a prime way to fit multiple attractions.

To get an idea of how much room there is, the proposed area has about 8 acres. Kong is about 2 acres. Plenty for 4 big rides and even then, half the proposed rides take up virtually no room at all. When you build a land, things can get pretty creative. Sharing of buildings, multi level design and so on.

View attachment 4697
This is the land that Nintendo World would be on. My question is why don't they use the giant empty space to the top left? Or am I missing something?

I've always thought of that land as a last resort for Universal. That land is huge, if they wanted and if they felt desperate enough, they could build a hyper coaster taller than Mako.

Like others have said though, that land is essential for backstage stuff and I imagine it will be used heavily for the building of this land. Universal are probably thrilled to have this much land so close to the construction site.

Sue, but it makes a lot of logistical things a lot harder for the park this way, especially when there are lands in IoA that need makeovers and they just bought land for a 3rd park. I think they're doing it the right way, and personally I'll be surprised if Nintendo isn't on the level of Harry Potter and Star Wars when it opens

I think Nintendo certainly has the pulling power that the other IPs have. It's at that special time where they can really use nostalgia. Something that Universal is only really starting to have the ability to use. A lot of people who grew up in the 80s who really love Nintendo are having families and if this land is something that can appeal to the kids and the parents, they can't lose.

I also get the impression that Universal are trying to get this resort in as good of a shape as possible so they can leave it alone for a few years while they concentrate all their efforts on the new park.

I never played that much Mario, but watched some of the cartoons and played Mario Kart and Mario Party. This sounds like a cool idea!
Since Cafe La Bamba hosts the Superstar Breakfast (which is popular) and that's in the construction area, will they have to move it to one of the hotels?

I never played that much Mario, but watched some of the cartoons and played Mario Kart and Mario Party. This sounds like a cool idea!
Since Cafe La Bamba hosts the Superstar Breakfast (which is popular) and that's in the construction area, will they have to move it to one of the hotels?
La Bamba is not part of the construction area.

Two Questions:

1. Is the building directly behind the Curious George play area the parade building?
2. What exactly is a Day in the Park with Barney? A show or a ride?

One Observation:

1. I never realized how big the E.T. building was. That is some primetime real estate. It really wouldn't surprise me if that would up getting the axe (as much as I don't want them to).

Two Questions:

1. Is the building directly behind the Curious George play area the parade building?
2. What exactly is a Day in the Park with Barney? A show or a ride?

One Observation:

1. I never realized how big the E.T. building was. That is some primetime real estate. It really wouldn't surprise me if that would up getting the axe (as much as I don't want them to).

Answers:
1) Yes, that's the original parade building
2) A show

Answers:
1) Yes, that's the original parade building
2) A show

Is the ball play area right behind Curious George? The parade building is further back, but I wasn't looking at the photo.

When we talk multi levels, I sort of think of how FoP sounds like it uses a lift of sorts for flight motion while UNI used one to transport a vehicle full of guest to the 2nd level without (most) guest even noticing they took a ride upstairs when they built Transformers the Ride (I imagine it says in 3D somewhere in all that).

The patent info from the bizjournal story:

One or more passengers of the multi-passenger ride vehicle may actively control various user input devices of the multi-passenger ride vehicle, such as steering wheels, joysticks, gas pedals, brake pedals, buttons, levers, switches, touch-screen displays, and the like. The user input devices may generate feedback relating to movement of the multi-passenger ride vehicle (e.g., speed, acceleration, deceleration, direction, and/or orientation), feedback relating to rewards in the interactive ride, feedback relating to obstacles in the interactive ride, feedback relating to other multi-passenger ride vehicles or other objects in the interactive ride, or a combination thereof based on input from the one or more passengers. The feedback generated by the user input devices may be used to control features or operations of the multi-passenger ride vehicle such as movement of the multi-passenger ride vehicle, obtaining rewards, avoiding obstacles, and/or engaging with other multi-passenger ride vehicles and/or objects in the interactive ride. By employing the interactive ride in conjunction with particular themes, such as various racing themes, guests are incentivized to visit the amusement park and are further enabled to enjoy the thematic experience provided by the amusement park. Further, because the interactive ride is configurable and dynamic, one ride environment may be configured to host rides, races and/or games having a number of different themes or narratives.​
us20170166221a1-20170615-d00000.jpg
us20170166221a1-20170615-d00001.jpg
us20170166221a1-20170615-d00004.jpg

EDIT: Notice in figure 4, you have ability to take a different path... and there appears to be a "Star" icon you can drive by.

The patent info:

One or more passengers of the multi-passenger ride vehicle may actively control various user input devices of the multi-passenger ride vehicle, such as steering wheels, joysticks, gas pedals, brake pedals, buttons, levers, switches, touch-screen displays, and the like. The user input devices may generate feedback relating to movement of the multi-passenger ride vehicle (e.g., speed, acceleration, deceleration, direction, and/or orientation), feedback relating to rewards in the interactive ride, feedback relating to obstacles in the interactive ride, feedback relating to other multi-passenger ride vehicles or other objects in the interactive ride, or a combination thereof based on input from the one or more passengers. The feedback generated by the user input devices may be used to control features or operations of the multi-passenger ride vehicle such as movement of the multi-passenger ride vehicle, obtaining rewards, avoiding obstacles, and/or engaging with other multi-passenger ride vehicles and/or objects in the interactive ride. By employing the interactive ride in conjunction with particular themes, such as various racing themes, guests are incentivized to visit the amusement park and are further enabled to enjoy the thematic experience provided by the amusement park. Further, because the interactive ride is configurable and dynamic, one ride environment may be configured to host rides, races and/or games having a number of different themes or narratives.​
View attachment 4704
View attachment 4705
View attachment 4706

Everything shown in this gives me such a sense of glee and happiness.

Mario Kart is goin to be bananas. I just hope it works. If it works it's going to be my favorite ride ever, no contest

I wholeheartedly agree. There is, so much potential; that if they do this right, this will be an all-time attraction for me.

It shows that Universal is fully respecting the Nintendo IP and is trying it's damnedest to make it the best way it can be.