Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ode to Universe of Energy

I can only imagine, Epcot will surely be playing the UOE music around the park, like the original soarin music plays around the park, right? It's the absolute best idea they could have to pay tribute to this attraction. The incredible music from this attraction is a big part of why I'm sad to see it go.

If anyone reading this thread enjoys the music from this attraction, surely you've heard the track that was posted above. The much less commonly available tracks can be heard in the highest quality available in this video. I hope someone else enjoys this as much as I did when I found it:

Here's that 1982 version for those that haven't seen it:

I can only imagine, Epcot will surely be playing the UOE music around the park, like the original soarin music plays around the park, right?

Original Soarin just stays put in the entrance plaza loop, which already included Energy.

I think it's Energy, Soarin, Imagination (One Little Spark), Golden Dreams and variations of Legacy.. which is yes, a reference to Leave a Legacy, but it's the main entrance area theme most people know.

Some people say some bits are M:S but to my knowledge that's not true, they're just variations of Legacy. The Imagination Institute theme from HISTA may or may not still be in it, as well as the old Living Seas theme... Can't find a good online recording from the last year or two. Also, there's a variant which uses the EAC theme from Nemo and Friends but I don't know if that's current, was temporary, or what. I just know I've heard it at some point in time.

If they leave the Entrance loop as is (and I'm pretty sure even the one's i'm iffy on are still in it today) then the only real song that's still in the park would be Golden Dreams.

Edit! Found this which claims to be a 2017 source audio recording:

It starts with Imaginations Institute, so that's still in there.

If you don't know Epcot music well it can be hard to decipher, but anytime it goes "doodly-doo, doodly-doo, Fwomp" it's the transition theme.

So it appears to be Institute theme, One Little Spark, lotta transition theme, Soarin, Energy, full version of Legacy.

Which means a lot has been cut over the years.

Last edited:
This... shall be my new catchphrase.

Hehe.

Poking around the net, it definitely seems there are parts of the new Test Track loop they could insert. Here's hoping new M:S comes with some new music that could go in as well.

Most of M:S's music was pulled from film scores so no major theme ever stuck out.

Hehe.

Poking around the net, it definitely seems there are parts of the new Test Track loop they could insert. Here's hoping new M:S comes with some new music that could go in as well.

Most of M:S's music was pulled from film scores so no major theme ever stuck out.
Isn't the queue for Soarin also pulled from film scores? Just the main ride theme is an original orchestration right?

I imagine the entry plaza music will be redone when the tombstones are removed and the facelift is complete.

Isn't the queue for Soarin also pulled from film scores? Just the main ride theme is an original orchestration right?

The preshow, main show and exit music is original, everything else is culled from film scores and other sources. For Soarin ATW, Broughton reorchestrated all three pieces of score.

I imagine the entry plaza music will be redone when the tombstones are removed and the facelift is complete.

I really hope if they do make any changes to the music it is additional songs as opposed to removing anything. The entrance and innoventions area music are just perfect in my opinion and I'd be so sad to see them go.

I really hope if they do make any changes to the music it is additional songs as opposed to removing anything. The entrance and innoventions area music are just perfect in my opinion and I'd be so sad to see them go.
Yea, they can flatten the Innoventions buildings, but the new green park they put in its place better still have that same music loop. It's my favorite in all of WDW.

Original Soarin just stays put in the entrance plaza loop, which already included Energy.

I think it's Energy, Soarin, Imagination (One Little Spark), Golden Dreams and variations of Legacy.. which is yes, a reference to Leave a Legacy, but it's the main entrance area theme most people know.

Some people say some bits are M:S but to my knowledge that's not true, they're just variations of Legacy. The Imagination Institute theme from HISTA may or may not still be in it, as well as the old Living Seas theme... Can't find a good online recording from the last year or two. Also, there's a variant which uses the EAC theme from Nemo and Friends but I don't know if that's current, was temporary, or what. I just know I've heard it at some point in time.

If they leave the Entrance loop as is (and I'm pretty sure even the one's i'm iffy on are still in it today) then the only real song that's still in the park would be Golden Dreams.

Edit! Found this which claims to be a 2017 source audio recording:

It starts with Imaginations Institute, so that's still in there.

If you don't know Epcot music well it can be hard to decipher, but anytime it goes "doodly-doo, doodly-doo, Fwomp" it's the transition theme.

So it appears to be Institute theme, One Little Spark, lotta transition theme, Soarin, Energy, full version of Legacy.

Which means a lot has been cut over the years.

I don't think that's the correct loop, the Soarin' segment isn't that long and the version of Ellen's Energy Adventure they play in the plaza is a synth version, not orchestral. There's also definitely a Mission: SPACE theme.

I'm sure this is on the docket, though I'm expecting it to be rather underwhelming and uninspired in comparison to some of the great versions of the loop over the years.

Of course they put the shirts online AFTER I had my friend get them for me at the parks. Although, to be fair... probably would've cost the same after shipping anyway. I'm so happy to have both shirts being sent to me. Wish I could ride both GMR and UOE one last time. -sigh-

First time I visited EPCOT Center (4 years after opening) I thought this ride was amazing. The turning of the whole theater, the splitting up in cars, everything. But the ride and it's subject got old fast and as all Epcot reworked attractions it came back worse than before.

But I have still a soft spot for the ride so here is my ode:
It's a God-awful long ride
To the girl with the Mickey ears
But her mummy is yelling no
And her daddy has told her to go

But her friend is nowhere to be seen
Now she walks through her sunken dream
To the seat with the clearest view
And she's hooked to the silver screen

But the ride is a saddening bore
For she's road it ten times or more
She could spit in the eyes of fools
As they ask her to focus on

Ellen fighting robo dino's
Oh man, look at those AA's go
It's the freakiest show
Listen to that audio
With the rotating lights go
Oh man, wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the worst Epcot show

Or is still better than Mission: Space?

Rode it one last time yesterday, first time in years.

Those who call it 30 minutes of air conditioning are dead wrong. It's 37 minutes (after the pre-show)--and you feel EVERY ONE of them. I would've guessed an hour at least. Also, the a/c is kept at like a balmy 78 degrees--fine for your house, but way too warm for a commercial building. Resulting in the whole theater reeking of sweat and mildew and the 1990s. So 37 minutes of discomfort.

What follows is a mix of bad nausea-inducing 90s CGI, infantile 90s sitcom humor, lousy pacing, politically correct discussion of science sure to offend both Left and Right, and some dinosaur figures that, other than the pterodactyls, would feel more at home in Dinosaur World down I-4 in Plant City. Stitch's Great Escape looks like Haunted Mansion compared to this--I may even have been wrong all these years saying the Rafiki Express was the worst ride at WDW. That this was allowed to stand so long past the opening of IoA tells you how much contempt TDO holds for its customer base.

Rode it one last time yesterday, first time in years.

Those who call it 30 minutes of air conditioning are dead wrong. It's 37 minutes (after the pre-show)--and you feel EVERY ONE of them. I would've guessed an hour at least. Also, the a/c is kept at like a balmy 78 degrees--fine for your house, but way too warm for a commercial building. Resulting in the whole theater reeking of sweat and mildew and the 1990s. So 37 minutes of discomfort.

What follows is a mix of bad nausea-inducing 90s CGI, infantile 90s sitcom humor, lousy pacing, politically correct discussion of science sure to offend both Left and Right, and some dinosaur figures that, other than the pterodactyls, would feel more at home in Dinosaur World down I-4 in Plant City. Stitch's Great Escape looks like Haunted Mansion compared to this--I may even have been wrong all these years saying the Rafiki Express was the worst ride at WDW. That this was allowed to stand so long past the opening of IoA tells you how much contempt TDO holds for its customer base.
While I agree for the most part, they have let this attraction go maintenance wise over the last 3-5 years specifically. The attraction has A LOT of broken effects that they've just let go since they knew a closure was coming.

I definitely remember it being much colder in there before. This last time it wasn't the air conditioned ride I remembered. Also, I remember the big bang film being much louder before. Maybe I was just younger and everything seemed more intense?

I never had a chance to ride it, but just a few minutes of a YouTube video was enough for me. Maybe it was better when the park first opened but wow.. I don't know how anyone could stand this for 30+ minutes. Do they allow you to bail mid-ride?