Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

Personally, I'd like a new Indy boat ride using the sunken treasure tech. But with a JPRA sized drop before all the big screen stuff.

And if they really want to get fancy, throw in a SFX Coaster E Ticket in the same ride building. :)
Love the idea but come on, it is Disney who we are talking about here, doubt they would even think about it. I heard rumor of turning DAK Dinoland USA into a Indy area and re-theming Dinosaur to Indy since it is a clone ride, and that sounds more like a Disney move. Hopefully they'll bring the small Indy coaster in Tokyo to replace Dinorama area, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Star Tours - great in it's day but the new "missions" can't make this ride feel good, I don't think. I think it will hang on for a while, but I would not be sad to see it go. One of those rides that cemented my love for MGM when I was younger, but it is something I could take or leave nowadays. That is coming from someone who is a Star Wars fan and is pretty buzzing for SW:GE. I just don't think it will hold up with the new land.

Love the idea but come on, it is Disney who we are talking about here, doubt they would even think about it. I heard rumor of turning DAK Dinoland USA into a Indy area and re-theming Dinosaur to Indy since it is a clone ride, and that sounds more like a Disney move. Hopefully they'll bring the small Indy coaster in Tokyo to replace Dinorama area, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Japan has a clone of Disneyland's version- just themed to the crystal skull movie.
If you're talking about a coaster- you're probably thinking Paris. And that coaster sucks, unfortunately- nothing interesting on the track- it's super short (and feels it)- and capacity is no bueno. Probably the weakest ride there. That said, it takes up a tiny footprint and is still better than Primevil whirl. But those expecting something like the originally planned excavator will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited:
Japan has a clone of Disneyland's version- just themed to the crystal skull movie.
If you're talking about a coaster- you're probably thinking Paris. And that coaster sucks, unfortunately- nothing interesting on the track- it's super short (and feels it)- and capacity is no bueno. Probably the weakest ride there. That said, it takes up a tiny footprint and is still better than Primevil whirl. But those expecting something like the originally planned excavator will be sorely disappointed.
Tokyo Disneysea has a clone of the Indy coaster from Paris. It's next to their Indiana Jones Adventure.

My mistake, you're right, Disneyland Paris. Also I agree with your coaster ratings, but just trying to be realistic here. I saw the video and it's definitely not a big deal coaster at all, but it will be the equivalent to Primeval Whirl. Then again, it has a mini loop, that's way too risky for Disney.
Anyway where I was trying to go with this is if Disney brings an Indy land to DAK, (which I agree with, hopefully Indonesia/south pacific) Then they should get rid of the show at DHS. If they want to save the show, then kick Nemo out, and if they want to save Nemo, send it to The Living Seas, since they will be changing the outside look of the building anyway, plus there’s space back there. Just imaging the huge plot of land they can open, plus they can extend out to the cast parking. Enough land for something huge. Now, Star Tour, I have no clue why Disney can’t save the ride, I think it’s pure stupidity to not move the ride to use a buffer against the craziness the other 2 new rides will create in the area, plus! When they finally made sense and decided “Perhaps if we change and switch the movies, it might freshen up the ride” Duh! Yes it will. So all I am saying ST building can fit anywhere, it is so small, and the queue line can be as simple as a zigzag in one room. There’s no need for multiple themed rooms because there’s a whole land outside. Just like an airport, zigzag for eternity in front of the ticket counter and then a quick security and straight to loading zone. Just keep changing movies and keep it fresh….. and they should the same with Muppets, for God sake they can spend on a TV Show revival but can’t spend on a 6mins flick? And I’m not going to even mention how I feel about the new M:S. Anyway Save Star Tour! Because it is easy to keep it relevant as movies come out, while the new upcoming rides will be the same ride again and again for decades to come.

Hi, please advise what Six Flags parks I need to visit that have simulators anywhere near as high quality as Star Tours.
I too would like to know and i'm not even that big on Star Tours.

If anyone says Justice League, well then...
opinionated.gif

:-/ Yeah, it'll hurt re-ridability, which should reduce lines. Kinda sucks though as I liked the spontaneity of not knowing what scenes you'd get.

It sounds like the classic side (Episodes 1-6) will rotate the scenes like the attraction did pre-Jakku.

To be clear, what they're doing at first is pretty much the same as what they did when episode 7 came out, locking the ride so you always get the Jakku scene and BB-8 transmission... And now with the new Crait scene from Episode 8.

This article is stating that after a year or so guests will be able to choose whether to ride a version using only new characters and places from the current trilogy -or- ride the randomization variation we've been used to the last few years since "The Adventure Continues."

The biggest difference here being that we get to choose to ride the ride with new trilogy and no randomization or old trilogies WITH randomization.

It sounds like the classic side (Episodes 1-6) will rotate the scenes like the attraction did pre-Jakku.
EDIT: Yes, like you said.

Why can't we get 3 lines- one for 7+, one for 4-6 and one for 1-3? That way if I've had a bunch to drink and don't want to wait in line for a ride I can walk on and see Jar Jar under water.

Why can't we get 3 lines- one for 7+, one for 4-6 and one for 1-3? That way if I've had a bunch to drink and don't want to wait in line for a ride I can walk on and see Jar Jar under water.
Funny enough...I haven't rode recently...but now you hit Jar Jar when you go underwater instead of him ducking (at least that's what my friend said when he rode yesterday at DL)

Funny enough...I haven't rode recently...but now you hit Jar Jar when you go underwater instead of him ducking (at least that's what my friend said when he rode yesterday at DL)
It's randomized, so you can still miss him sometimes... darnit.

To be clear, what they're doing at first is pretty much the same as what they did when episode 7 came out, locking the ride so you always get the Jakku scene and BB-8 transmission... And now with the new Crait scene from Episode 8.

This article is stating that after a year or so guests will be able to choose whether to ride a version using only new characters and places from the current trilogy -or- ride the randomization variation we've been used to the last few years since "The Adventure Continues."

The biggest difference here being that we get to choose to ride the ride with new trilogy and no randomization or old trilogies WITH randomization.

EDIT: Yes, like you said.
I don't see in the article where it says it will be random. I read it as you are either getting 1-6 or 7-8. Granted it's not an official source, so its left to interpretation.