Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

It took Disney ~6 months from groundbreaking to opening for Miss Fortune falls. While a traditional water slide could be done sooner, landscaping and other theming at these themed water parks will make it take longer.

Re: the expansion pad- they don't need the expansion right now as it's only getting slower by the day. But they'll need to start actively moving by November at the latest if they are planning to have it ready by May of next year.

When we were there at the end of June, it looked to me like they were already working on the expansion pad. They were at least landscaping the perimeter.

Are all of the worker buildings gone now? I have no idea whether management/security offices were built on site. Where are the TM break rooms?

(i am just full of questions, aren't i)

I would think that with the expansion, they'll wait until everything is 100% ready & well tested before they open it. I doubt they want a repeat on the park's opening issues (Open Before It's Time;))

The new honeycomb tubes that they brought in during the summer will be replaced soon to accommodate a more comfortable experience. Apparently the new tubes may even have some backing.

I did not feel secure at all in those honeycomb tubes. But it definitely added to the thrill when you feel like you might fly out any second. :lol:

Any idea when the tubes or Tapu tapus will be replaced? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

More interested in the Tapu tapus, of course.

Are all of the worker buildings gone now? I have no idea whether management/security offices were built on site. Where are the TM break rooms?

(i am just full of questions, aren't i)

I saw a tent set up behind the lockers in an area (lockers open to public) that my event experience eyes would say was a break room.

I have not been since June.

There is a building, but it looks permanent to me (all from distant memories of looking at new tubes while seeing popped old raft out in an area between now and future.

Oh, I think that tower also has an elevator...

When do 2018 blackout dates come out for Annual Passes? Curious to see if they'll change for VB and maybe consider blocking out more of the Summer.

To ask about the new TapuTapus that would be rolled out in the near future, would they include the time? I thought I heard that often as a complaint, of that it isn't exactly easy to keep track of the time, unless if you had your phone or went to directly ask a tm.

Just curious, but I would think that would be a good thing to implement.