Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

both WDW & DCA? How were the lines? Mice Chat has said the popularity is waning.

We were there for park opening at 8am and using the MaxPass we managed to do Guardians, RSR, Screamin', Midway Mania and Soarin before 10am. It got busier as the day went on but it was no where near as bad as expected considering it's labour day.

The biggest thing for me about the ride is that it gets to the action instantly. When you've done Tower of Terror probably more than 50x times, waiting to get to the drop now feels long and overdrawn after riding this. The music adds something else as well, it makes you very aware that you're riding a different variation of the ride. The second time we rode, the whole car turned into party mode. The story works probably better than it should plus it's just plain fun.

Sure the building is an eye sore from any where but directly in front of it but when you think about it, so was TOT. You can't hide a 200ft tower and it makes no less sense now than a 1950s haunted hotel did when viewing from Carsland or any of the other areas in the park and it also marks the start of the new Marvel land that will eventually come.

If you hate the idea, you can rest assured that this can't possibly come to WDW. The ride system in DHS just can't allow it. The irony here is that the TOT system in every other park but DHS that people have looked down on for not having the 5th dimension aspect is what allows this ride to be so great.

Overall, I was sad like everybody else to see ToT leave but simply put, this is more fun.

Mice Chat was talking about this attraction in their recent DCA article. They said it appears the novelty & interest is wearing off already. It's lines are fairly short and Carsland, Midway Mania, Soarin & Grizzly have longer lines now. They also reiterated what they've been saying all summer, that the big Marvel Promotion at DCA generated very little interest. They also said DCA was dead when they visited last Friday afternoon while Universal Hollywood was packed to the gills...Interesting.
That is a bit surprising. They upgraded the ride system to match orlando with the random drop sequences and it would be one of the greatest rides of all time on the ride system alone.

Yep. And I always fount it amazing how small the park was before the Radiator Springs attraction....And if Disneyland wasn't next to it, it would probably be lucky to get 5 million a year as a stand alone park.
Disney tends to underbuild for every additional park to the main one in a market. Having the main gate drive attendance and expand later is kind of the point.

Sure the building is an eye sore from any where but directly in front of it but when you think about it, so was TOT. You can't hide a 200ft tower and it makes no less sense now than a 1950s haunted hotel did when viewing from Carsland or any of the other areas in the park and it also marks the start of the new Marvel land that will eventually come.

Completely disagree with this from a nostalgic perspective. People like me and many others grew up with ToT in the DCA skyline, way before Cars Land so it didn't even matter afterwards. The Twilight Zone provided for an excellent story and completely suspenseful ride. Regardless of whether or not it was a eye sore didn't matter. It fit the theme beautifully as well as the narrative of the park....'

However that said, I agree with your Marvel tidbit. And I do like the ride. Marvel Land can't come soon enough. I'm sure once it does it will definitely blend in better to GotG M:B

Last edited:
If you hate the idea, you can rest assured that this can't possibly come to WDW. The ride system in DHS just can't allow it. The irony here is that the TOT system in every other park but DHS that people have looked down on for not having the 5th dimension aspect is what allows this ride to be so great

One of the reasons 2nd version of ToT never worked for me. Unlike Orlando, where you step into the elevator, the doors in California opened to reveal... a hallway, and another set of doors in front of the elevator. Then
those doors closed and the "elevator" pushed back. For me, ruined the whole effect. But it looks like it works awesome in the GoTG ride. (I know, the Orlando ride system was always a problem and was far behind they never finished the 5th dimension But still cool).

If you hate the idea, you can rest assured that this can't possibly come to WDW. The ride system in DHS just can't allow it. The irony here is that the TOT system in every other park but DHS that people have looked down on for not having the 5th dimension aspect is what allows this ride to be so great

One of the reasons 2nd version of ToT never worked for me. Unlike Orlando, where you step into the elevator, the doors in California opened to reveal... a hallway, and another set of doors in front of the elevator. Then
those doors closed and the "elevator" pushed back. For me, ruined the whole effect. But it looks like it works awesome in the GoTG ride. (I know, the Orlando ride system was always a problem and was far behind they never finished the 5th dimension But still cool).

This is a really great point. Crossing that hallway to board the elevator kind of doesn't matter for Guardians but for ToT, it ruins the whole illusion.

I think the main points to be taken away is that this improves this version of ToT but would ruin the DHS version.

Which one is better is purely up to the rider but both are great in their own ways.

Question: how much of this ride being "better" is due to the drop profile versus the exterior design, interior design, and GotG characters?

I could see people raving the same or more if ToT drop profile was updated.

Question: how much of this ride being "better" is due to the drop profile versus the exterior design, interior design, and GotG characters?

I could see people raving the same or more if ToT drop profile was updated.
It is better than what DCAs ToT was because DCAs sucked. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a great experience, much because of the GOTG elements.

Now if they did this to the far superior DHS version, I'd have an issue.

Two questions,

1.) for the new sequences being shot, will they be premiered alongside "Monsters after Dark"?

and 2.) Are the new scenes directed by Thor Ragnarok director; Taika Waititi? The reason why I ask that, is that he recently dropped a set photo of him and Rooker as Rooker was in full Yondu attire with the OG emblem.

Last edited:
Two questions,

1.) for the new sequences being shot, will they be premiered alongside "Monsters after Dark"?

and 2.) Are the new scenes directed by Thor Ragnarok director; Taika Waititi? The reason why I ask that, is that he recently dropped a set photo of him and Rooker as Rooker was in full Yondu attire with the OG emblem.

From what I was told this is somewhat to help promote the new Thor film so it is definitely possible that he directed the new scenes. I can try to ask my buddy and get more info when I see him!