Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, like whatever is going *there*.

*edit*

Thought, what if they added the needed show pieces to do this show?

I am going to be surprised if that isn't something considered in the wake of the changes to the area once demolition starts.

And to ask, would it be reasonable to think that the station/indoor queue may be the first thing demolished while the lake is drained?

dueling_dragons_ride_by_dragon_lady.jpg

I've made my argument several times. Orlando has more "family friendly rides" in a square radius then any other city in the world. It doesn't have a ton of high quality coasters. UOR is tearing down one of it's first roller coasters, and one of the few on a very short list in Orlando.

This is disappointing to me.

Especially if the Potter ride turns out to be another Gringotts, which is a pretty boring ride IMO. The theming is the only part that saves it.

I have hope that if they do make a new ride it will NOT be something grandma and her knitting circle will stand in line for. Sorry if this is offensive for the folks that have decided Roller Coasters are "lesser than". That's just my opinion.

PS - also important to note DC is actually 2 rides in one ride building. Completely different tracks, that do offer a different experience.

Also Cedar Point rules...

For me the reason that Gringotts is boring is because the Gringotts vaults are a boring setting in general.
I know the queue is amazing with the animatronics.... i know the dragon at the top is amazing as well.... I Know, I know Diagon is great too. the stores are awesome..,

But the vaults are terrible for a ride, every room looks the same... At least Kong changes from the bug scene to the jungle scene with the dinos to the scene where you are hanging with the spider.... at least Forbidden journey transports you to different parts of the school...
But Gringotts, it is just the same vaults over and over. for me that got boring really quickly (I Know the characters and creatures in the screen change) But the stuff between screens is very boring after a couple of rides

I hope the new coaster Experience does something more entertaining

Reactions: tankart150
A Mummy update announcement would probably get me more excited than I am for this. I've wanted it since FJ opened. Gringotts made me want it even more. New AAs, physical sets added to replace screens, and projection mapping to add a little more life (the fire room could really use this). Pipe dream, I know.
And Men in Black :)

Reactions: Cheezbat
I miss Dueling Dragon's so hard seeing that photo. I remember the entry-sign, but I was very young when I visited the park then, and didn't ride it under that theme. That being said, the photos of the queue are so intimidating and adrenaline-pumping. I wish Dragon Challenge's retheme kept some of that energy, but it just didn't. Although I'm sad about this going away, I'm looking forward to the future

Good right up, full of great info.

Do you believe UC knew from the outset of potter that it was going bye bye?

Sure us fans have spitballed it for years but was it always on the cards? or has the popularity of potter forced their hand?

It's been under UC's eyes to demo since Potter began development. They knew that a giant "eye sore" steel coaster next to Hogsmeade did not mix well with the great theming done inside of Hogsmeade.

It's been under UC's eyes to demo since Potter began development. They knew that a giant "eye sore" steel coaster next to Hogsmeade did not mix well with the great theming done inside of Hogsmeade.

I figured as much, it would also go some way to explain the lackluster queue.

A few predictions:

We finally get the Shrieking Shack. Maybe off in the distance like the old Bates Motel? Maybe in the queue like Hagrid's Hut? Or maybe the queue passes through it? Or maybe the load station is in the Shrieking Shack. Anyway. I bet it finally makes it appearance one way or another.

Firenze will rival The Shamen, not really, but close enough in the given applications. Gwarp will be better than Kong.

A few predictions:

We finally get the Shrieking Shack. Maybe off in the distance like the old Bates Motel? Maybe in the queue like Hagrid's Hut? Or maybe the queue passes through it? Or maybe the load station is in the Shrieking Shack. Anyway. I bet it finally makes it appearance one way or another.

Firenze will rival The Shamen, not really, but close enough in the given applications. Gwarp will be better than Kong.

Grawp would give the perfect excuse to use the obligatory wet the audience routine :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.