Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Korn has confirmed that the dragons will never “duel” before they close the attraction, apparently very senior people were asked and said no. Also a lot of TMs seem to say that the software was changed so they can never physically duel.

Matt Korn has confirmed that the dragons will never “duel” before they close the attraction, apparently very senior people were asked and said no. Also a lot of TMs seem to say that the software was changed so they can never physically duel.
I don't believe in the 'software change' garbage. All you do is dispatch them at the same time. Plain and simple.

I would believe the word about the senior high ups not allowing them to duel though. Guess they don't want to take any chances.

Sad. One last day of dueling would be fitting.

How I wish Sea World would buy these coasters from Uni since they're just gonna trash it...(I'm still angry over Uni trashing Disco H2O and Black Hole...and Jaws and BTTF!)

Something I want to mention on the "hotel". I REALLY REALLY don't think this will be a typical hotel. Disney won't advertise going to the parks while in it or other typical Disney or Loews hotel things.

I think THIS is The Star Wars Experience name Jim Hill was floating around. Everything about this sounds like a planned live theater experience than a place to "just" rest your head. As such I think this will be a highly limited experience and not for everyone. This won't be the gate busting addition many think.

This is why I reject the idea that all Universal has to do is build is a hotel next to Hogwarts or Diagon Alley. This isn't about some characters and fancy rooms, this is about live action role playing and experimental theater.

Anyway sorry :topic:

(Apologies for off-topic) IMHO Universal is missing out big time if they don't build a Potter themed hotel. It doesn't even have to be on the scale that this Star Wars experience hotel will be, but imagine the possibilities. Rooms laid out like dorms and common rooms, bath robes are Hogwarts robes, you turn the bedroom lights using "Lumos" as a voice command. I dunno, I just think that would be pretty awesome. I read the books as a child/teen and I would consider myself a fan and would love that experience. I am not a die-hard though, so imagine how much those folks would lap it up. It is a logical step to make financially, I feel.

Dueling with
Well my understanding is the system used to measure and pace the trains up the lift so they would duel.

With the update, it merely makes sure that they don't. Not unable to be undone, but it's specifically working to avoid the trains doing so.

I wish there was a way just to WATCH them duel one more time.

(Apologies for off-topic) IMHO Universal is missing out big time if they don't build a Potter themed hotel. It doesn't even have to be on the scale that this Star Wars experience hotel will be, but imagine the possibilities. Rooms laid out like dorms and common rooms, bath robes are Hogwarts robes, you turn the bedroom lights using "Lumos" as a voice command. I dunno, I just think that would be pretty awesome. I read the books as a child/teen and I would consider myself a fan and would love that experience. I am not a die-hard though, so imagine how much those folks would lap it up. It is a logical step to make financially, I feel.
***cough***Leaky Cauldron***cough***

While the Leaky Cauldron would fit the storyline better as a hotel, I don't know how they'd ever actually fit it in to Diagon at this point. No real room to build a new building. Even if there was, theres no real way to get you on and off property to it after hours besides taking you through a lot of team member areas backstage. The DC plot is much more accessible as they could make an entrance directly off Turkey Lake.

While the Leaky Cauldron would fit the storyline better as a hotel, I don't know how they'd ever actually fit it in to Diagon at this point. No real room to build a new building. Even if there was, theres no real way to get you on and off property to it after hours besides taking you through a lot of team member areas backstage. The DC plot is much more accessible as they could make an entrance directly off Turkey Lake.

Where there's a will there's a relative, I'm mean way.;)

Reactions: Brownie54
This hasn't been mentioned- but is there a potential to make this a VR coaster?
I'd hate that on the surface, although I'd be interested to see if Uni/WB could elevate it to something we've never seen before?
Again- not thinking this would happen- but just tossing out the idea. Everyone would hate it, right?

Maybe a part of the huge queue for the Hogwarts Express in London could be reclaimed for that? I never, ever seen it full (thankfully).

Perhaps someone could tell me wrong, but where the overhead is (with the railroad sounds), how sturdy is that? I think if they theoretically want to do a Leaky Cauldron hotel, perhaps they could strengthen that and put in the rooms? Just a thought, mind you; but if they are seriously considering it, I can only see that or extend a bit into backstage.

Status
Not open for further replies.