T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seriously, watch.

Marketing blurb:

The hit international espionage film and book franchise comes to life at Universal Studios. Watch as [white male protagonist] uncovers a dark conspiracy and battles those coming him in a new show with death-defying stunts, action-packed fights, and special effects you can only find at Universal Studios.
Am I talking about Bourne or Bond?

Fast & Furious? Yes.

Jason Bourne? "High Energy"? Still seems....off.

Calling it now! Munsters Live!

Dj8dS2v.gif

How big is the T2 building? I couldn't imagine any version of WaterWorld ever fitting there. Honestly, I can't see a full stunt show fitting in that spot either.

From what I'm seeing online, there's a lot of rumors flying around at the moment -- no surprise as Universal has wanted to give T2 the boot for nearly five years now. Things will likely be sanded down as everything progresses... but times like these I just get a headache whenever Universal plays these games with new attractions.

Also I wonder if they intended on adding more seating. With AA and likely FFL eventually leaving, there will only be two theater attractions in USF: the more capacity, the better.

Reactions: tankart150
From what I'm seeing online, there's a lot of rumors flying around at the moment -- no surprise as Universal has wanted to give T2 the boot for nearly five years now. Things will likely be sanded down as everything progresses... but times like these I just get a headache whenever Universal plays these games with new attractions.

Also I wonder if they intended on adding more seating. With AA and likely FFL eventually leaving, there will only be two theater attractions in USF: the more capacity, the better.
You could make the argument that all of the simulator rides are "theater attractions." In that case, there's a ton of capacity.

I totally get what you're saying though. I wonder if we'll start seeing the giant theaters in Toon Lagoon + Lost Continent used to make up for the theater loss at USF.

Reactions: Andysol
Where is everybody getting the confirmation on this from? I haven't seen anything official about T2's closure on Universal Orlando's blog or Twitter.

Well, for the first six years Universal was open those Hollywood streets were just facades anyway. The park survived without an attraction there before. I think we can survive a couple years.

Maybe if they didn't ruin the main show by switching from film to digital and it getting blurry in the process I'd be more sad.

I've always considered this to be the third (and final) entry in the film series. Great work by Stan Winston and James Cameron and incredibly ingenious three screen third act and mix of live actors from Gary Goddard on the show. It had a good run.

Where is everybody getting the confirmation on this from? I haven't seen anything official about T2's closure on Universal Orlando's blog or Twitter.

The official site's listing for the attraction. It comes and goes when I refresh today.
T2-Screenshot.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuru