Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 361 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Come on, man. I love Zelda too. I LOVE the idea of Zelda getting represented in a theme park. The fact that there's even a possibility of it getting a theme park area at all is extremely exciting. But beggars can't be choosers. So I don't care if it's getting a ride or a show. We're potentially getting an immersive Zelda-themed area and attraction. Do we really have to whine because it's not exactly what you want at your ridiculously high standards? :rolleyes:
I don't want what happened to Beauty and the Beast in Magic Kingdom to happen to Zelda: A pretty land with no substantial ride to back it up thus falling flat on its face.
The same UC that apparently pitched this to Nintendo with Zelda as a puzzle theatre show?
And then scrapped it. Hopefully because they realized they could do better.
You don't have to imagine it as that's the job of Universal Creative :lmao:
Fine. Have your stupid little show. I'll just sit here knowing what a waste of franchise potential it would be.

Reactions: Grits0808
Fine. Have your stupid little show. I'll just sit here knowing what a waste of franchise potential it would be.
Holy crap, dude. Calm down. It's just a possibility for an attraction in a theme park. Maybe we'll get a Zelda area with a ride, maybe we'll get a Zelda area with a show, maybe we'll not get a Zelda area at all. It's not worth getting worked up over this, especially this early when we're just talking about concepts.

My ideal format of attraction for Zelda would be a Poseidon’s Fury-style show, where you’re following Link through a dungeon with a big battle with Ganon at the end.
That is a much better idea than the Puzzle Theater. It would work great as a replacement of Poseidon's Fury if Zelda took over LC. And guess what? Sinbad would still need a large scale replacement too.

Outside of the puzzle theatre does anyone know what the show was about? No. So how do you know if its stupid or dumb? Secondly, if the platform you are sitting in is moving, I'm pretty sure its a ride that has a live element to it. So while we keep calling show, the fact remains, it most likely will be considered a ride by universal. Also if you looked at the concept art, they had people standing in front of Zelda of a bunch of stairs as she told a story. I'm pretty sure a walk through attraction was tied to it as well.

Outside of the puzzle theatre does anyone know what the show was about? No. So how do you know if its stupid or dumb? Secondly, if the platform you are sitting in is moving, I'm pretty sure its a ride that has a live element to it. So while we keep calling show, the fact remains, it most likely will be considered a ride by universal. Also if you looked at the concept art, they had people standing in front of Zelda of a bunch of stairs as she told a story. I'm pretty sure a walk through attraction was tied to it as well.
I can picture it. Enter the Temple of Time, we go through some Poseidon's Fury-esque preshows as we enter the Temple-like portion of it, get into the seating where we dynamically move from scene to scene featuring live actors. Zelda explains what's going on in one scene, Link fights Ganon in another, etc. It could theoretically mix several aspects that people love about the Zelda series; great story, exploring dungeons, epic battles, interesting lore, etc. All while delivering a non-traditional attraction at a softer budget utilizing new technology.

I like that Zelda idea in the Posidons Fury spot. The building is massive so there's easily enough space for an impressive Hyrule Castle facade. Only problem with a show is that the Zelda games don't really have dialogue.

Remember how it was said how UC pulls from things they already made as test of concepts for other attractions. Literally, there have been 2 exploration based attractions off video games that translate to Zelda and Pokemon already done and created by UC. Literally proof of concepts. We should easily be able to know what Zelda is going to be overall.

Interactive Nav'i experience (Gintama Talk Show Universal Jump Summer 2017)
Zelda theatre attraction (puzzle theatre and Dragon Quest USJ attraction 2017)
Future Pokemon attractions (Yokai Watch 2 USJ 2016)
Luigi's Mansion (Biohazard the Real 2)

Secondly where is Nintendo based? Kyoto Japan. Where is one of NBC offices in Japan? Osaka. How far away are Nintendo's HQ from USJ? 30-45 minute drive.

Last edited:
Remember how it was said how UC pulls from things they already made as test of concepts for other attractions. Literally, there have been 2 exploration based attractions off video games that translate to Zelda and Pokemon already done and created by UC. Literally proof of concepts. We should easily be able to know what Zelda is going to be overall.

Interactive Nav'i experience (Gintama Talk Show Universal Jump Summer 2017)
Zelda theatre attraction (puzzle theatre and Dragon Quest USJ attraction 2017)
Future Pokemon attractions (Yokai Watch 2 USJ 2016)
Luigi's Mansion (Biohazard the Real 2)

Secondly where is Nintendo based? Kyoto Japan. Where is one of NBC offices in Japan? Osaka. How far away are Nintendo's HQ from USJ? 30-45 minute drive.
So only Mario and Donkey Kong get the cool groundbreaking rides.

Really? When we can clearly see from the permit, the Puzzle Theater looks complex and has never really been done before to that level. C'mon man.
I don't want a show. I want a Forbidden Journey level adventure through Hyrule. Maybe even above that level since that ride would be over a decade old once Zelda comes if it's not in phase 1.

I also specifically said "rides."

I know someone said it already but we are still freaking out about pure speculation on a ride that doesn't exist or even in the current plans?

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I know someone said it already but we are still freaking out about pure speculation on a ride that doesn't exist or even in the current plans?
They keep bringing it up trying to change my mind about it. It could end very easily if they wanted. I'm currently on break and will soon get back to work. If no one responds trying to make me like the show concept while I'm away it'll end as I'll have no need to bring it back up myself.

I personally love Zelda. Ocarina of Time is probably my top 5 games I have ever played. Looking at the possible Zelda ride/attraction on an objective level, I am not expecting too much. The GP is not fully aware of Zelda/Link. My wife for example, has no idea what Zelda/Link is about. Conversely, she knows Mario/Luigi, Pokemon and Donkey Kong. I wholeheartedly hope we have a major Zelda attraction but I'm tempering my hopes/expectations.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
You think they'll serve things like Koopa Turtle Soup, Goomba Burgers, and Toadstool Mushroom Salad at the restaurant?

Turtle Soup might be too risky stateside to bring to the US. Honestly I have no idea where they will go with food since we don't know if any other IPs will be used. If they add Animal Crossing/Kirby, I can see that being the foodie area with Kirby being a Chef and the Roost Cafe being part of Animal Crossing as well as all the fruit and fish.

As for Mario, its always just been traditional food in game with nothing overally who and special.