Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 362 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Turtle Soup might be too risky stateside to bring to the US. Honestly I have no idea where they will go with food since we don't know if any other IPs will be used. If they add Animal Crossing/Kirby, I can see that being the foodie area with Kirby being a Chef and the Roost Cafe being part of Animal Crossing as well as all the fruit and fish.

As for Mario, its always just been traditional food in game with nothing overally who and special.
Mario & Luigi's Homemade Italian Cafe. Mario and Luigi invite you into their home that can be seen in various games, where you can enjoy Power Shroom Pizza, 1-Up Shroom Risotto, etc., all while sitting in their house seeing memorabilia of their various adventures. All kinds of easter eggs can be found; vacation photos from Isle Delfino, a radio playing Pauline's latest hits from New Donk City, a bookshelf with "Mario Story," "Mario Story: The Thousand Year Door," etc.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Turtle Soup might be too risky stateside to bring to the US. Honestly I have no idea where they will go with food since we don't know if any other IPs will be used. If they add Animal Crossing/Kirby, I can see that being the foodie area with Kirby being a Chef and the Roost Cafe being part of Animal Crossing as well as all the fruit and fish.

As for Mario, its always just been traditional food in game with nothing overally who and special.
Unless plans have changed, which of course is entirely possible, the main dining location will likely be Mushroom Kingdom themed.

Mario & Luigi's Homemade Italian Cafe. Mario and Luigi invite you into their home that can be seen in various games, where you can enjoy Power Shroom Pizza, 1-Up Shroom Risotto, etc., all while sitting in their house seeing memorabilia of their various adventures. All kinds of easter eggs can be found; vacation photos from Isle Delfino, a radio playing Pauline's latest hits from New Donk City, a bookshelf with "Mario Story," "Mario Story: The Thousand Year Door," etc.
Now that you mention it Spaghetti and Meatballs seems like a shoo-in.

Reactions: Mike S
I personally love Zelda. Ocarina of Time is probably my top 5 games I have ever played. Looking at the possible Zelda ride/attraction on an objective level, I am not expecting too much. The GP is not fully aware of Zelda/Link. My wife for example, has no idea what Zelda/Link is about. Conversely, she knows Mario/Luigi, Pokemon and Donkey Kong. I wholeheartedly hope we have a major Zelda attraction but I'm tempering my hopes/expectations.
I think Zelda will get something rather large scale as it's easily the biggest of Nintendo's "lesser" franchises.

I've made my peace with the fact that Metroid will most likely get zilch.

I've made my peace with the fact that Metroid will most likely get zilch.
The only way I could see Metroid being represented is if Park 3 has a new take on Singapore's Sci-Fi City. And if it got something, it'd be something lowkey; not a big e-ticket, but maybe something unique like a modern re-imagining of Alien Encounter.

The only way I could see Metroid being represented is if Park 3 has a new take on Singapore's Sci-Fi City. And if it got something, it'd be something lowkey; not a big e-ticket, but maybe something unique like a modern re-imagining of Alien Encounter.
No next gen MIB? :(

If the plans changed, i'm going to wage a guess it had something to do with that Mario is no longer a plumber. It only makes sense.

So I see comments about the Nintendo plans being changed. Did I missing something here? I don't want to scroll down the pages and trying to find actual information as I've been there before.

No next gen MIB? :(
I'd love that, but it's never gonna happen...
So I see comments about the Nintendo plans being changed. Did I missing something here? I don't want to scroll down the pages and trying to find actual information as I've been there before.
I think there was a couple of insiders vaguely hinting at plans changing, as well as several large assumptions based off the fact that
1. Nothing at KidZone has closed yet.
2. With T2 closing and rumors of Shrek closing, some people are wondering if Nintendo was delayed to focus on the T2/Shrek/FFL projects.

From what I have heard, the focus on Nintendo has been paramount for both Japan and Orlando.

I would assume that, in the meantime, money and big park and hotel dollars are equally important, thus other attractions from other IPs have also been developed.

And what is going on at those new offices down on Commodity Circle? Hmm.... ;)

From what I have heard, the focus on Nintendo has been paramount for both Japan and Orlando.

I would assume that, in the meantime, money and big park and hotel dollars are equally important, thus other attractions from other IPs have also been developed.

Is the word "paramount" a clue?

Interesting that you didn't include Hollywood in the midst of that. ;)

Ok, here is my most recent convoluted info.

The Nintendo project is in a reevaluation phase after someone with some power at Comcast/Universal saw the SW:GE model at D23. I still believe that Phase 1 will still be starting either after HHNs ends or Jan. And is pretty much what we know.

There have been significant changes to what would have been Phase 2. Which is now Phase 1.25, and will start asap. Which will be about a year from now or so since they just started scrambling on it towards the end of August.

The Nintendo project is in a reevaluation phase after someone with some power at Comcast/Universal saw the SW:GE model at D23. I still believe that Phase 1 will still be starting either after HHNs ends or Jan. And is pretty much what we know.

There have been significant changes to what would have been Phase 2. Which is now Phase 1.25, and will start asap. Which will be about a year from now or so since they just started scrambling on it towards the end of August.
I don't know if you can say this but... is Phase 1.25 in USF or IOA?

Reactions: Mike S and E.Gadd

Comcast...ever aggressive and always wanting to go big....This is like the Disney Board of Directors wanting a new and bigger SWL after seeing what Universal did with Diagon...See what Potter started....Now it's a never ending cycle of one upmanship.....and 1.25 probably goes between Simpsons/MIB, which some of us have been speculating should have been done from day 1. :)

Comcast Exec: Hmm, we should just let Universal Orlando go to town more for Nintendo.

Nintendo Exec: Well, It would bring more money for all parties!

UOR Operations & Construction Teams: What about us?

Comcast/Nintendo Exec: Go nuts!

Comcast...ever aggressive and always wanting to go big....This is like the Disney Board of Directors wanting a new and bigger SWL after seeing what Universal did with Diagon...See what Potter started....Now it's a never ending cycle of one upmanship.....and 1.25 probably goes between Simpsons/MIB, which some of us have been speculating should have been done from day 1. :)

And to be honest, when it comes to Nintendo; I don't mind that at all.

If the plans are the way I think they are for KidZone, I don't expect that they ever plan on expanding the land any further behind/between Simpsons/MiB, considering the two main Nintendo ride buildings block the path to that side.

If they were to expand beyond current plans for that area (and keep it connected,) I assume it would go the other way, swallowing up ET/SpongeBob/Pizza Company (and maybe even some backstage area behind ET.)

So, maybe ET isn't that safe after all. I expected it to close after Nintendo opens, but this could mean it'll close much sooner, like a year as Disneyhead says...

ORRRRRR...

Phase 2 was set for IOA. In which case, your guess is as good as mine where it's going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and E.Gadd
If the plans are the way I think they are for KidZone, I don't expect that they ever plan on expanding the land any further behind Simpsons, considering the two main ride buildings block the path to that side.
Yeah, if the "Phase 1.25" was behind MIB/Simpsons, I don't see why they would need to wait an extra year to get started on it since it's literal empty land. My theory is that LC is closing next year so Zelda can come shortly after Mario.

If they were to expand beyond current plans for that area (and keep it connected,) I assume it would go the other way, swallowing up ET/SpongeBob/Pizza Company (and maybe even some backstage area behind ET.)

So, maybe ET isn't that safe after all. I expected it to close after Nintendo opens, but this could mean it'll close much sooner, like a year as Disneyhead says...
If E.T. closes next year, after Shrek, T2, FFL, and KidZone, I think UC would truly be in a terrible spot operations-wise. That's the biggest reason I think it's safe until SNW Phase 1 opens.