Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like it's been a while since someone rounded up all of the rumors to something more precise. And that maybe some may not know what has been mentioned; this may be the best time.

Super Nintendo World

Phase 1

• Highly Immersive and Practical
  • Sounds like the Piranha Plants will be throughout a good chunk of the land as AA's
  • Creature Technology (Creators of Reign of Kong's AA's, the Kong Broadway show, Dragons Arena show, E.T.C.) to have a large role in the creation of AA's
Rides
  • Yoshi - From what it seems like, it may be some sort of next generation of the Omnimover with a form of Busbar incorporated. No information or concept art on what it may come out from in the Yoshi Franchise
  • Donkey Kong Country - Family roller coaster using a brand new ride system called the "Boom Coaster", where it will simulate you being in the famous MineCart levels from the series
  • Mario Kart - Presumably the E-Ticket, this sounds like that this will be a game-changer, with a brand new ride system; Augmented Reality; and multiple environments from the Mario Kart series. Highly interactive, and has been compared above the level of MIB in the Repeatability.
Super Nintendo World for Orlando sounds like it will be the most expansive version; featuring more attractions than presumably the Osaka and Hollywood version, and that it also sounds like it will be Universal's most technologically advanced project to date, with two of the ride systems seeming to be brand new altogether.

Phase 1.25

And from more recent followings, indications by various members of IU have now posted of SNW getting expanded in the wake of a Phase 1.25 with The Legend of Zelda opening soon after the Orlando version of Phase 1 opens. Originally posted by Gary Snyder, the Zelda ride system seemed to be another patent called the Puzzle Theater, which would've incorporated the theater moving around in various directions and angles. Although that was involved in the original plans of SNW before talk of 1.25 began; it now sounds like the Puzzle Theater may not be in the current cards for Super Nintendo World's Phase 1.25.

__

Figured that at this point, it's good to bring this all to perspective; as it has been a while since anyone has done a post like this. And with all of the most recent indications and mentioning of certain things; now is a better time than ever to bring this to order.

I feel like it's been a while since someone rounded up all of the rumors to something more precise. And that maybe some may not know what has been mentioned; this may be the best time.

Super Nintendo World

Phase 1

• Highly Immersive and Practical
  • Sounds like the Piranha Plants will be throughout a good chunk of the land as AA's
  • Creature Technology (Creators of Reign of Kong's AA's, the Kong Broadway show, Dragons Arena show, E.T.C.) to have a large role in the creation of AA's
Rides
  • Yoshi - From what it seems like, it may be some sort of next generation of the Omnimover with a form of Busbar incorporated. No information or concept art on what it may come out from in the Yoshi Franchise
  • Donkey Kong Country - Family roller coaster using a brand new ride system called the "Boom Coaster", where it will simulate you being in the famous MineCart levels from the series
  • Mario Kart - Presumably the E-Ticket, this sounds like that this will be a game-changer, with a brand new ride system; Augmented Reality; and multiple environments from the Mario Kart series. Highly interactive, and has been compared above the level of MIB in the Repeatability.
Super Nintendo World for Orlando sounds like it will be the most expansive version; featuring more attractions than presumably the Osaka and Hollywood version, and that it also sounds like it will be Universal's most technologically advanced project to date, with two of the ride systems seeming to be brand new altogether.

Phase 1.25

And from more recent followings, indications by various members of IU have now posted of SNW getting expanded in the wake of a Phase 1.25 with The Legend of Zelda opening soon after the Orlando version of Phase 1 opens. Originally posted by Gary Snyder, the Zelda ride system seemed to be another patent called the Puzzle Theater, which would've incorporated the theater moving around in various directions and angles. Although that was involved in the original plans of SNW before talk of 1.25 began; it now sounds like the Puzzle Theater may not be in the current cards for Super Nintendo World's Phase 1.25.

__

Figured that at this point, it's good to bring this all to perspective; as it has been a while since anyone has done a post like this. And with all of the most recent indications and mentioning of certain things; now is a better time than ever to bring this to order.
Good summary, although I'm not convinced phase "1.25" will be Zelda. As far as I know that's just an educated guess on our part given the leaked old concept art. By that logic, it could just as likely be a Kirby playland or Mushroom Kingdom spinner rides, as they also appeared in that outdated artwork.

Only the initial three rides are actually known at this time, or at least discussed on this forum. Other attractions (or themes) are still guesses as far as I know.

Reactions: E.Gadd
Good summary, although I'm not convinced phase "1.25" will be Zelda. That's just an educated guess on our part given the leaked old concept art. By that logic, it could just as likely be a Kirby playland or Mushroom Kingdom spinner rides, as they also appeared in that outdated artwork.

Only the initial three rides are actually known at this time, or at least discussed on this forum. Other attractions (or themes) are still guesses as far as I know.

Fair point, but I thought Zelda so-far is the one that is the most predominant.

Either way, something is happening. Whether it's Zelda, Kirby or an expanded Mushroom Kingdom, I guess we'll probably find out when an overhead concept art comes out (similar to the concept art of Osaka from December last year).

Reactions: Alicia
Fair point, but I thought Zelda so-far is the one that is the most predominant.

Either way, something is happening. Whether it's Zelda, Kirby or an expanded Mushroom Kingdom, I guess we'll probably find out when an overhead concept art comes out (similar to the concept art of Osaka from December last year).
Totally.

My thoughts are if it's going to connect to phase one, (like take over ET area,) it'll be some more Mushroom Kingdom or related properties. Maybe even Pokémon.

But I would rather see a full village area and castle realized for Zelda, so better suited for a different park... or larger plot of land.

My opinion anyway.

Totally.

My thoughts are if it's going to connect to phase one, (like take over ET area,) it'll be some more Mushroom Kingdom or related properties. Maybe even Pokémon.

But I would rather see a full village area and castle realized for Zelda, so better suited for a different park... or larger plot of land.

My opinion anyway.
Plenty of room.
2017-10-02-20-51-21.jpg

Reactions: Nico
Honestly, the only way you could see Animal Crossing, is if you can beat the everlasting gobsmacking out of Tom freaking Nook.

The Roost Cafe, Design your own clothing, add in fishing and bug catching games, one place in USF where you can get fresh fruit (all the fruit trees in game), nothing huge just a nice fun area with food and merch

E.T. is where Luigi's Mansion and Boo Woods should go and you all know in your hearts that I speak the truth.

Kooky ghost-bustin dark ride + kiddie flat ride themed around Boo and Drybones = better than all that other nerd stuff.

Reactions: Mike S
E.T. is where Luigi's Mansion and Boo Woods should go and you all know in your hearts that I speak the truth.

Kooky ghost-bustin dark ride + kiddie flat ride themed around Boo and Drybones = better than all that other nerd stuff.
A Boo spinner would be adorable. And @AliciaStella is right that Zelda isn't confirmed as what's this so called Phase 1.2. (Yeah it was me that named it that.) So Luigi's is just as if not more likely. What was said to me was "MiB+expansion pad.

No, I just want something bigger and better for those two. Pokemon deserves a plot the size of Mario Yoshi and DK combined. Zelda thematically just wouldn't fit the studios.
According to this list those two franchises are nowhere close to deserving any kind of real presence beyond maybe a M&G.
List of best-selling video game franchises - Wikipedia

I've made my peace concerning Metroid. It's your turn.

To say something, the plot of land of the MIB expansion plot when you don't include MIB is about 4.2 Acres.

If it's Zelda, that can expand off of the original concept that we saw in the pitch, and include set-pieces from the pitch like the Deku tree; and to also include Castle Hyrule.

And to also keep in mind, Forbidden Journey is about 2 acres. If they include MIB to add that as the showbuilding, that could allow them to make it more of an immersive environment.

Could it be LM instead? Maybe, but to be honest; I would rather want to see Zelda take the Plot and LM take over ET.

To say something, the plot of land of the MIB expansion plot when you don't include MIB is about 4.2 Acres.

If it's Zelda, that can expand off of the original concept that we saw in the pitch, and include set-pieces from the pitch like the Deku tree; and to also include Castle Hyrule.

And to also keep in mind, Forbidden Journey is about 2 acres. If they include MIB to add that as the showbuilding, that could allow them to make it more of an immersive environment.

Could it be LM instead? Maybe, but to be honest; I would rather want to see Zelda take the Plot and LM take over ET.
How big is Lost Continent?

6.97 acres, including Sinbad and Poseidon. But to be honest; I rather trust Berk or Christmas Island coming more than Zelda at LC.

If they include MIB for the 1.25 expansion, it'd become 9.52 acres