Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Ok, here is my most recent convoluted info.

The Nintendo project is in a reevaluation phase after someone with some power at Comcast/Universal saw the SW:GE model at D23. I still believe that Phase 1 will still be starting either after HHNs ends or Jan. And is pretty much what we know.

There have been significant changes to what would have been Phase 2. Which is now Phase 1.25, and will start asap. Which will be about a year from now or so since they just started scrambling on it towards the end of August.

This makes sense and is logical.

We're not used to logical in this thread!

Especially when it comes to other Nintendo IPs!

Was that part of the land acquisition or no? I am assuming some kind of work is being done to the offices on that property that may hint at something "future" related.

I would assume, hypothetically; wouldn't they have other areas across Orlando, Hollywood, the USA, and Japan to keep track of projects? Just a thought, but I wouldn't think this would be the first time they would do certain things outside the parks to protect themselves.

So, do the Orlando phases include Mario Kart, DK and Yoshi? The first two were all I ever heard of being definite.

Too, everything I ever saw was designed with Japan in mind; Japan visible in one case. Perhaps that was only a point of diplomacy?

So, do the Orlando phases include Mario Kart, DK and Yoshi? The first two were all I ever heard of being definite.

Too, everything I ever saw was designed with Japan in mind; Japan visible in one case. Perhaps that was only a point of diplomacy?
MK, DK, and Yoshi were/are in the cards for KidZone... All for phase 1.

I have absolutely no idea what is in store for phase 2 (or 1.25 as it were.)

Quite the understatement, MD. ;)

Honestly, Hollywood should be the smallest at this point; but that's more due to the location.
Yes, as you so aptly stated.Your information appears to be on target........ ....For those who are latecomers, I'll attempt to summarize the fairly new info/rumors that many of us believe the present state of Nintendo is, according to information that IU Insider Disneyhead believes, according to his sources, is happening. According to Dave (Disneyhead), Comcast, after they saw the model plans for GESW at D23, directed Orlando Universal to expand the Orlando Nintendo land with a quick expansion to follow the original land (Mario, Yoshii Donkey Kong). Dave describes this as a Nintendo 1.25, namely a fast track expansion to the Super Nintendo Land targeted for Kidzone. The 1.25 expansion would be Zelda, which would be located on part of the expansion pad between MIB and Springfield. This in effect, would be the final volley in the battle against the WDW Disney GESW land opening (and some of the other D23 announcements). The first two volleys being the HP expansion in place of DC, and Ministry of Magic fast tracked in the FF area. So far, no timeline on the Nintendo completion date, but more should be known after HHN closes. As always, Universal often changes plans in midstream, nothing is official at this point, so it's kind of wait and see what develops.

Last edited:
Yes, as you so aptly stated.Your information appears to be on target........ ....For those who are latecomers, I'll attempt to summarize the fairly new info/rumors that many of us believe the present state of Nintendo is, according to information that IU Insider Disneyhead believes, according to his sources, is happening. According to Dave (Disneyhead), Comcast, after they saw the model plans for GESW at D23, directed Orlando Universal to expand the Orlando Nintendo land with a quick expansion to follow the original land (Mario, Yoshii Donkey Kong). Dave describes this as a Nintendo 1.25, namely a fast track expansion to the Super Nintendo Land targeted for Kidzone. The 1.25 expansion would be Zelda, which would be located on part of the expansion pad between MIB and Springfield. This in effect, would be the final volley in the battle against the WDW Disney GESW land opening (and some of the other D23 announcements). The first two volleys being the HP expansion in place of DC, and Ministry of Magic fast tracked in the FF area. So far, no timeline on the Nintendo completion date, but more should be known after HHN closes. As always, Universal often changes plans in midstream, nothing is official at this point, so it's kind of wait and see what develops.
Ministry of magic?? What?

Ministry of magic?? What?

@Teebin mentioned of people in particular being very intelligant to put a few things together, and confirmed that the Forbidden Forest is happening for Hogsmeade and that the Ministry of Magic was confirmed to replace FFL.

That said, I will say that I have heard that they intend on reopening FFL in November, and if I had to assume; it will be for the sake of having something for the holidays.

I feel like Kid Zone will still start closing soon. Don't see any other reason why they made so many adjustments to HHN lines. I could be wrong and this was done before these changes were made also.

I feel like Kid Zone will still start closing soon. Don't see any other reason why they made so many adjustments to HHN lines. I could be wrong and this was done before these changes were made also.
Could be they just set the lines up like that, to see how things work with this setup.