USF Project? | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To give a list of projects that seem to be in development...

USF
Secret Life of Pets - Replacing Shrek 4D
T2 Replacement - Replacing Terminator 2 3D
Ministry of Magic - Replacing Fear Factor Live
Fast and Furious: Supercharged - Replacing Beetlejuice and Disaster
Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Yoshi) - Replacing Kidzone {Excluding ET and Squarepants Store}

IOA
Forbidden Forest - Replacing Dragon Challenge
Dreamwork's Dragons (Not Greenlit) - Replacing Lost Continent

Volcano Bay
Expansion is in the cards, as it was confirmed via a CNN Article before Opening Day. Just depends on when, not if.

Hotels
Adventura Hotel - Land right next to Sapphire Falls and the VB Drop-off and Pick-up right at the park
Dry N' Tame - Replacing WNW Waterpark and Parking Lot

In total, AFAWK, that equals to 9 projects currently in the works. And in terms of attractions, we have 8 Brand new attractions for the main UOR theme parks, alongside to whatever's coming to VB.

Y'know, when you list projects like this, it makes you realize just how big UOR is getting treatment right now. And that a lot of it, is for Universal Studios Florida; which more and more, is becoming the Magic Kingdom of UOR in terms of that it will have multiple landmark attractions unique to the park in a certain way. And it's an exciting time to be an Universal Fan.

Last edited:

USF
Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Yoshi) - Replacing Kidzone {Excluding ET and Squarepants Store}

IOA

Volcano Bay
Expansion is in the cards, as it was confirmed via a CNN Article before Opening Day. Just depends on when, not if.

Hotels
Adventura Hotel - Land right next to Sapphire Falls and the VB Drop-off and Pick-up right at the park
Dry N' Tame - Replacing WNW Waterpark and Parking Lot

In total, AFAWK, that equals to 9 projects currently in the works. And in terms of attractions, we have 8 Brand new attractions for the main UOR theme parks, alongside to whatever's coming to VB.

Y'know, when you list projects like this, it makes you realize just how big UOR is getting treatment right now. And that a lot of it, is for Universal Studios Florida; which more and more, is becoming the Magic Kingdom of UOR in terms of that it will have multiple landmark attractions unique to the park in a certain way. And it's an exciting time to be an Universal Fan.
Good summary.:thumbsup: And yes, I agree that it looks like Universal is setting up USF as an MK type anchor for the entire Universal Orlando park & resort system (including expected 4th park).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

USF

IOA
Man... while that list is incredibly impressive, it does make me feel like IOA is really starved of expansions. I'm hoping that the "Nintendo Phase 1.25" Teebin mentioned is Zelda replacing Lost Continent because that park deserves new attractions too, IMO.

Reactions: Porkchop
I wonder, seriously wonder where Universal is coming up with all of the necessary project and art directors. I mean there is talent and then there is talent with experience. The later isn't always better... but you get my gist.

Reactions: Legacy and fryoj
I wonder, seriously wonder where Universal is coming up with all of the necessary project and art directors. I mean there is talent and then there is talent with experience. The later isn't always better... but you get my gist.
Casting call. :):lol:...and then there's Beijing too.

USF does seem to be getting a Magic Kingdom vibe. I really hope that the eventual 3rd gate becomes the real Magic Kingdom of Universal. None of Universal's parks have the facilities for a good nightime show (IoA doesn't have enough room for seating by the lagoon and the lagoon paths are in weird places / bad views) or a decent parade route.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
USF

If they can execute all of these at a very high level of quality (minus F&F, because let's get real...), and with minimal(ish) screen/simulator elements, USF is going to be one hell of a theme park when these are all open, and will almost certainly surpass IOA as my favorite of the two parks.

It seems my concerns about the "balance" and variety of offerings are being addressed in a big way.

Reactions: captainmoch
If they can execute all of these at a very high level of quality (minus F&F, because let's get real...), and with minimal(ish) screen/simulator elements, USF is going to be one hell of a theme park when these are all open, and will almost certainly surpass IOA as my favorite of the two parks.

It seems my concerns about the "balance" and variety of offerings are being addressed in a big way.
Once all of this is said and done, the "screenz" distribution in USF will be much more balanced.
Screens: Despicable Me, Transformers, Fallon, F&F, Gringotts, Simpsons
Non-Screens: HRRR, Pets, E.T., Bourne(?), Mummy, Ministry, MIB, Mario Kart, DK, Yoshi
F&F may be a big wet fart but overall the park is going to be in a much more balanced spot. Two dated screen attractions replaced, as well as several low-traffic non-screen attractions replaced with much better non-screen attractions.

Once all of this is said and done, the "screenz" distribution in USF will be much more balanced.
Non-Screens: HRRR, Pets, E.T., Bourne(?), Mummy, Ministry, MIB, Mario Kart, DK, Yoshi
F&F may be a big wet fart but overall the park is going to be in a much more balanced spot. Two dated screen attractions replaced, as well as several low-traffic non-screen attractions replaced with much better non-screen attractions.

I am betting Bourne will be using Screens by quite a bit..how, is the better question.

It's honestly crazy, but it dons on me in a sense. And that, is Beijing, and that I am almost thinking that a few of these projects coming out today, are already locked for Beijing.

I'm feeling so much more upbeat about USF than I was a couple of months ago. I'm genuinely excited for what seems to be coming once we get beyond 2018.

Bourne Bourne Bourne... has creature tech taken the calipers to Matt Damon yet?

A Damon AA might be able to deliver a better performance than Damon himself did in the last BOURNE movie! Everybody was sleepwalking through that one.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm feeling so much more upbeat about USF than I was a couple of months ago. I'm genuinely excited for what seems to be coming once we get beyond 2018.

A Damon AA might be able to deliver a better performance than Damon himself did in the last BOURNE movie! Everybody was sleepwalking through that one.
:)....:lol:

The SWAT Armored Vehicle chase through Las Vegas was epic though.

Reactions: belloq87
To say this, with FFL going; Shrek 4-D going; the Parade Building going; and possibly the tents if Nintendo 1.25 goes there; that will cause utter hell for Universal Studios Florida and HHN in particular.
I really don't know how they'd handle it. They might HAVE to pull IOA back in somehow.
There is stuff pending for IOA. Iron Legion is stuck in R&D purgatory but still moving forward. And there is a LC replacement awaiting the green light.
This is great to here. If Gate 3 really isn't opening until sometime around 2023-2025, we'll need some projects to tide us over after Nintendo.

As an aside: KFP is definitely going to be in Beijing with how huge those films are in China. And since UC loves cloning, I feel like that makes KFP one of the more likely DreamWorks properties to hit USF first. Maybe that's another option for the LC replacement if it's not Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.