USF Project? | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Alicia
Wow... a much higher budget of that could end up being super great. Emphasis on "higher budget" though, the one at MotionGate looks kind of lame, lol.

Compared to other attractions in MotionGate, Dragons is the best of the bunch, and that's not saying much (I THINK I JUST RHYMED).

Keep in mind, it doesn't seem official yet; and that I would say that we are still waiting to see if it's going to get the head's up from higher ups.

Compared to other attractions in MotionGate, Dragons is the best of the bunch, and that's not saying much (I THINK I JUST RHYMED).

Keep in mind, it doesn't seem official yet; and that I would say that we are still waiting to see if it's going to get the head's up from higher ups.
I don't believe the design phase is close enough yet to even project a budget. So a green light is a ways off. And Iron Legion is not quite ready to move out of the R&D phase yet.

We know T2s replacement has been green lit. And Mushroom Kingdom. I also believe SLoP and MoM have been green lit and Fast Tracked.

We should probably focus on USF for this thread though haha

Indeed.

I would actually suggest, for future discussion on the future of Lost Continent, it can go to that thread--

The Future of Lost Continent | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

I don't believe the design phase is close enough yet to even project a budget. So a green light is a ways off. And Iron Legion is not quite ready to move out of the R&D phase yet.

We know T2s replacement has been green lit. And Mushroom Kingdom. I also believe SLoP and MoM have been green lit and Fast Tracked.

Fair point, but it is worth to atleast speculate on the proper thread for LC to possibly get something HTTYD oriented.

To give a list of projects that seem to be in development...

USF
Secret Life of Pets - Replacing Shrek 4D
T2 Replacement - Replacing Terminator 2 3D
Ministry of Magic - Replacing Fear Factor Live
Fast and Furious: Supercharged - Replacing Beetlejuice and Disaster
Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Yoshi) - Replacing Kidzone {Excluding ET and Squarepants Store}

IOA
Forbidden Forest - Replacing Dragon Challenge

Volcano Bay
Expansion is in the cards, as it was confirmed via a CNN Article before Opening Day. Just depends on when, not if.

Hotels
Adventura Hotel - Land right next to Sapphire Falls and the VB Drop-off and Pick-up right at the park
Dry N' Tame - Replacing WNW Waterpark and Parking Lot

USF does seem to be getting a Magic Kingdom vibe. I really hope that the eventual 3rd gate becomes the real Magic Kingdom of Universal. None of Universal's parks have the facilities for a good nightime show (IoA doesn't have enough room for seating by the lagoon and the lagoon paths are in weird places / bad views) or a decent parade route.

Excluding hotels- which are relatively different in design, construction and planning vs theme park attractions- More than any of the attractions mentioned, they Have bigger needs. All of those attractions seem badass- including HTTYD if we were to add that. They all get me excited. But we can't miss the forest for the trees.

IoA- but even moreso- USF, desperately needs two things more than any of those single attractions (sans Nintendo which will print money)- a nighttime offering and better food offerings.

Food:
They need to step up their QS and TS games at both parks and get more on par with Disney. Potter is the best QS at either resort, but the drop off is massive from there. Epcot has a dozen+, DAK and MK both have significantly better TS and QS than UOR as well. The disparity there needs to narrow. Disney is only expanding their lead with the likes of Tiffins, Pandora and soon to be the space restaurant. Meanwhile, we're getting a King Kong snack cart. Missed opportunities galore. So while these attractions are great- if we don't get some good and unique food with them (sans nintendo which is obvious), it won't be what it should/could be

Nighttime offering:
It sucks currently. As in, it's atrocious. As in, has anyone ever watched it twice. As in, how many people do you see leave halfway through on a nightly basis.
Potter castle won't be enough.

Make nighttime special. Make the park as a whole more complete. Dining and Entertainment will create that more than any attraction would.

Don't agree on the food part at all. CityWalk is right there and has a ton of places that are A) better and b) cheaper than Disney counterparts

Cheaper, ok. Better? Hardly.
What is the best that Citiwalk has to offer food-quality wise? Emerils? Toothsome is good but certainly not great. Antojitos is solid. Vivo is solid. Love me some cowfish.
The rest? Bob Marley, hard rock, etc- just average fare- maybe worse than average. Burger King?

Epcot alone beats out all of those in their prospective fields. And serves up vastly more and different.

Is Antojitos better than either Mexico pavilion restaurant? Is Vivo better than either Italy pavilion? Negative, my good man. No need to be a homer.

Universal has proximity, which is great. But their in-park offerings (not citiwalk) are vastly inferior. Vastly. Just Tiffins alone beats anything Universal has in their entire resort excluding hotels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furiated
MK's food also sucks.
I don't disagree- but the fact that Skippers canteen and Be Our Guest are better than any TS USF or IoA have to offer speaks volumes to how much USF/IoA suck even worse. Maybe mythos can compete if you're in the mood for a great lamb burger.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy finnegans and even confisco for what they are- especially the price- but its average at best.

Just look at Kong and the missed opportunity there. A well-themed Kong Expedition restaurant. Whether it be QS or a very much needed TS on that side of the park. Yet we got a snack cart to buy a Dasani.
Now look at Skippers and Harambe Market and Pandora and Tiffins and Nomad Lounge and the announced space restaurant. One is getting highly themed and entirely unique offerings. And one isn't. This shouldn't really be a debate...
ETA: Again, im talking in-park. Antojitos and especially the brilliant Toothsome is certainly moving the right direction.

So yes, they can add MoM and that'll be great. And redo the travesty that is Shrek with a brilliant SLoP ride with AAs galore. But if they aren't redoing monsters cafe with some unique New York QS fare- gourmet hot dogs and pizza perhaps? Or a London waterfront premier TS- they are really dropping the ball. Those are just as important to flesh out the resort. Moreso than the rides themselves IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furiated
I love the sit down options at City Walk.... think they are amazing.

I think there are some decent quick service places, but most of them have wonky hours and are periodically open...

Then there are places like Circus McGurkus, Cafe 4, Richter's Burger Co that make Cosmic Rays look like Emeril's and seem to be the only places open when I'm starving!

I think the food at USF is better than IOA. IOA can be pretty rough.

But I feel like we are getting off topic.

So yes, they can add MoM and that'll be great. And redo the travesty that is Shrek with a brilliant SLoP ride with AAs galore. But if they aren't redoing monsters cafe with some unique New York QS fare- gourmet hot dogs and pizza perhaps? Or a London waterfront premier TS- they are really dropping the ball. Those are just as important to flesh out the resort. Moreso than the rides themselves IMO.
I don't think it's near as big a deal as you're making it out to be. Three Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron, Fast Food Boulevard, and Monsters Cafe are all extremely well-themed quick service places with decent food. Mythos is still considered one of the best theme park restaurants. Plus CityWalk is right by the parks and is full of options. Not everything is perfect, but the same applies to MK and especially DHS/DAK.

But I feel like we are getting off topic.

I don't think so. Suggesting they look into adding unique dining in London as well as redoing monsters cafe with something representative of the area seems on-topic. In particular if SLoP goes into Shrek- then monsters is the only thing in the entire area that isn't New York themed (except for DM- which is non-description, so could easily fit in NY)

I don't think it's near as big a deal as you're making it out to be. Three Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron, Fast Food Boulevard, and Monsters Cafe are all extremely well-themed quick service places with decent food. Mythos is still considered one of the best theme park restaurants. Plus CityWalk is right by the parks and is full of options. Not everything is perfect, but the same applies to MK and especially DHS/DAK.
I specifically mentioned broomsticks and cauldron as the best QS between Disney and universal. They're the example that all QS should strive for. They're brilliant and perfect. If the HP areas didn't have them, they wouldn't feel nearly as complete. Same with the Simpsons. That food court is brilliant. That's why I'm saying this is relevant. Flesh out an area- don't just throw in an attraction.
As for DAK- it's second to Epcot. Tiffins is the best signature at any of the parks- arguably losing to Monsieur Paul. Saul Canteen is arguably the best QS at any of the Parks. Nomad lounge is easily the best lounge in the parks. Harambe market is very unique and has regional offerings. My point is that one is stepping their game up (again- the announcement of the space restaurant).
Is everyone arguing with me that Universal should just stand pat with their restaurants because they're "good enough"? Yeesh. Disney certainly isn't standing idle.

Mythos is only good because it's in a desolate area of TS dining. It's quality has dropped significantly in the last few years. There's literally one other restaurant in the entire theme park.
Are you telling me that you don't think a restaurant over by Kong would have been a significant improvement? Not only to Skull Island but IoA itself?

Are you telling me that you don't think a restaurant over by Kong would have been a significant improvement? Not only to Skull Islans but IoA itself?
Sure. But where? There's literally no room. Unless they replaced Thunder Falls, but considering that's butted right up against JPRA, that would mess with theme of the area.

Also more food for thought... I LOVE the inside and the design of Circus McGurkus... the food just sucks... They need a new menu and possibly to redo the kitchen, but the circus theme with the trolley riding through is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.