USF Project? | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know how they'd handle it. They might HAVE to pull IOA back in somehow.

This is great to here. If Gate 3 really isn't opening until sometime around 2023-2025, we'll need some projects to tide us over after Nintendo.

As an aside: KFP is definitely going to be in Beijing with how huge those films are in China. And since UC loves cloning, I feel like that makes KFP one of the more likely DreamWorks properties to hit USF first. Maybe that's another option for the LC replacement if it's not Zelda?
Nope. It's somethimg else for IOA LC.

Nope. It's somethimg else for IOA LC.
479a86158fdc55031878b1363b12a6e8.jpg

To say this, with FFL going; Shrek 4-D going; the Parade Building going; and possibly the tents if Nintendo 1.25 goes there; that will cause utter hell for Universal Studios Florida and HHN in particular.

1) There's at least one new parade building.

2) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say whatever replaces T2 will be able to hold a Halloween show

3) I don't think the tents are going anywhere

HHN swill reconfigure itself, but I don't think it's going anywhere

1) There's at least one new parade building.

2) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say whatever replaces T2 will be able to hold a Halloween show

3) I don't think the tents are going anywhere

HHN swill reconfigure itself, but I don't think it's going anywhere

1.) Pwerhaps, but I would strike that it may be a bit hard for queue for one of the two parade buildings (as another was being built recently). I wouldn't rule it out, but I doubt they would do anything in those.

3.) I think it's very open to a possibility, but I guess we'll find out over the next year if that turns out to be the case.

It wasn't unsuccessful, but it was considered a disappointment. But it did well in China as did the Live Arena Show.

And as Skip said, 3 is on the way. May 2018, I believe. Or something like that.

The film has been delayed to 2019.

It wasn't unsuccessful, but it was considered a disappointment. But it did well in China as did the Live Arena Show.

And as Skip said, 3 is on the way. May 2018, I believe. Or something like that.
It was pretty well rated although not as much as the first overall. Most critics thought it was a pretty good movie.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm down with that...Wasn't the last movie unsuccessful though?
It made 177m at the domestic box office and 621m overall, at a budget of 177m. I think it was slightly below DreamWorks's projection, especially domestically, but still did well overall. There's multiple TV shows and a 3rd movie is on the way in 2019. Plus, I'd say out of all of DreamWorks's IPs, HTTYD works the best standalone. Even if you've never seen a HTTYD movie, it's a land about vikings and dragons. What's not to love?

I know I'm not the only one, well I hope I'm not the only one who does not know what this is. Please fill me(us) in.

how_to_train_your_dragon_2_gif_by_thegrzebol-d6wlb2k.gif

All I can think of, is that I have to wonder if they will bring the InvertPow to this project in some form, or would that be too much like the attraction from Motiongate? Keeping in mind if it does get greenlit (which I have a sneaking suspicion that it actually will).

how_to_train_your_dragon_2_gif_by_thegrzebol-d6wlb2k.gif

All I can think of, is that I have to wonder if they will bring the InvertPow to this project in some form, or would that be too much like the attraction from Motiongate? Keeping in mind if it does get greenlit (which I have a sneaking suspicion that it actually will).
Personally, I would want a HTTYD attraction be a mixture of Forbidden Journey and Flights of Passage. A Kuka arm system through sets full of large dragons, and ride vehicles that make you feel like you're riding a real, breathing dragon. Granted, they'd need to be careful considering the attraction is literally right by Forbidden Journey, but I think if they played their cards right it could feel super different and be innovative at the same time.

Personally, I would want a HTTYD attraction be a mixture of Forbidden Journey and Flights of Passage. A Kuka arm system through sets full of large dragons, and ride vehicles that make you feel like you're riding a real, breathing dragon. Granted, they'd need to be careful considering the attraction is literally right by Forbidden Journey, but I think if they played their cards right it could feel super different and be innovative at the same time.

Then the InvertPow in theory, would be the way to go, as it's somewhat that along with it being on a coaster track.

Currently, two of the ride systems are being fully used, and I believe @Joe even mentioned it back on the HPCoaster speculation thread; but that it got changed to that being shelved for future use.

Then the InvertPow in theory, would be the way to go, as it's somewhat that along with it being on a coaster track.

Currently, two of the ride systems are being fully used, and I believe @Joe even mentioned it back on the HPCoaster speculation thread; but that it got changed to that being shelved for future use.
Question: what exactly is the InvertPow? I searched it in relation to MotionGate and I couldn't find a clear picture of the ride system.

It made 177m at the domestic box office and 621m overall, at a budget of 177m. I think it was slightly below DreamWorks's projection, especially domestically, but still did well overall. There's multiple TV shows and a 3rd movie is on the way in 2019. Plus, I'd say out of all of DreamWorks's IPs, HTTYD works the best standalone. Even if you've never seen a HTTYD movie, it's a land about vikings and dragons. What's not to love?
I think this is a really appropriate & strong IP for a theme park. It fits.:thumbsup:.....Family oriented, fun & mild thrill dark ride possibilities, good entertaining show potential, good potential merch sales, food & beverage can be themed in easily, movie tie ins, & everyone at Universal loves Dragons (you can never have too many dragons) :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.