USF Project? | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. But where? There's literally no room. Unless they replaced Thunder Falls, but considering that's butted right up against JPRA, that would mess with theme of the area.
Yes- exactly there. And it's also butted up right against the exit of Kong- it's actually closer to Kong than the entrance of JPRA or The playground. It certainly wouldn't mess the theme of that area up. And is there a more woefully painful restaurant than Thunder Falls. Jurassic Park... and it's still themed like a mess hall. It could have easily been a Kong restaurant with a new entrance area- kitchen stays in same spot and they could increase capacity on the backside to the right of where entrance is now.

Oh Jurassic park dining- 4 locations- one of which could be the greatest in the entire resort. Yet here we are...

Regardless, that's spilled milk. It is what it is. What isn't yet, is these new expansions. And they have the opportunity to flesh out an area, or go all "snack cart" on us.

Last edited:
Not being a "homer". I think those are EASILY better than the Epcot restaurants, yea
Meh.

NBC is pretty underwhelming, Antojitos is just average, Cowfish is easily the best, Vivo is inconsistent, and Toothsome has a great atmosphere with average food.

CityWalk's food choices have greatly improved, but you're overselling them. Just because what's currently there is better than the crap that came before it doesn't automatically mean it's "EASILY" better than Epcot's restaurants. At best i'd say they're on par.

Reactions: Andysol
Meh.

NBC is pretty underwhelming, Antojitos is just average, Cowfish is easily the best, Vivo is inconsistent, and Toothsome has a great atmosphere with average food.

CityWalk's food choices have greatly improved, but you're overselling them. Just because what's currently there is better than the crap that came before it doesn't automatically mean it's "EASILY" better than Epcot's restaurants. At best i'd say they're on par.

To each their own. To be honest, outside of some hotel restaurants at both resorts, I don't think the food at WDW or Uni is incredible. It's fine. There's some places I enjoy. But I'm not telling anyone to go to Orlando theme parks for the culinary experience

To each their own. To be honest, outside of some hotel restaurants at both resorts, I don't think the food at WDW or Uni is incredible. It's fine. There's some places I enjoy. But I'm not telling anyone to go to Orlando theme parks for the culinary experience
I don't think anyone is coming to WDW or UOR for the food, except maybe the people that waste their time coming down for Food & Wine :lol:

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. T2 closing, Shrek rumors, FFL rumors, etc. Enough food talk for now.

Reactions: Andysol
Tchop Tchop and The Kitchen are close enough to City Walk to count as dining options, and both are far superior.
Fair point. However, as I stated above, let's try and keep this on topic now. If you guys want to debate food options between Disney and Universal, you're free to start a new thread.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Has SLOP been given the green light in Hollywood?

EDIT: I was under the impression that SLOP would be replacing Shrek in Hollywood but I just read that Kung Fu Panda is supposedly replacing it. So would SLOP go going where they demolished all those sound stages?

Yea SLOP is going where one of the old SS are in USH

Particularly, SLoP for USH (P169) may be located on the former lot of SS 22-25.

Too much Potter IMO.. But hey if they're both unique, fun, and not reliant on screens for a majority of the ride I'm okay with it.

Could it be too much? Possibly, but that I would say it would be better than FFL.

Reactions: Porkchop and Alicia
Star Wars and D23 have changed a few things so all I'm saying is as long as they're thinking outside the box on these new Potter rides I'm sort of fine with them. But how many more additions before people grow tired or somewhat bored with the franchise? Or how many more screens can you park your guest in front of only to hear cheap knock off voice overs? I fear in a world where Star Wars continues to grow to a new generation, Marvel has a new mega hit launching every 3 months it seems, and new franchises launching all the time how long before Potter takes a bit of a back seat? Has it already? Yeah Fantastic Beasts that was a thing..

I get it, Potter has been their bread and butter, its been the game changer, the revolution to the industry. But can Potter sustain this level of popularity, market growth, and financial increases in a market that is already saturated in it? Can Universal continue to steal away Disney market share by adding more Potter? Sure maybe if Disney was still sitting on its rear. But with the onslaught Disney is throwing at Orlando in the next 5 years with Potter still be a game changer or will it end up being filler until the next great thing comes?

Before anyone tries to blow up about this, just trying to initiate some convo from Potter Fans and NON Potter fans here. Whats your thoughts?

Potter's popularity isn't going anywhere. Like SW before it, new generations are introduced to it every day.

Even if more Potter isn't the draw that a new Star Wars land is, it's still a bigger draw than anything else announced at D23 except MAYBE Guardians, but that ride is not gonna be anything great, allegedly.

TRON? Irrelevant outside the Dis Superfan Community
Ratatouille? Nearly decade+ old movie
Mickey? This one may be debatable

I think once the addition of Ministry is done and the Dragons changeover (remember this isn't an addition Potter ride) we'll be at peak Potter. It'll be a Mecca for each generation to visit, and I think Universal is smart for completely building it out

Reactions: Joel and Porkchop
Status
Not open for further replies.